Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Photography

Notices

Going to buy a camera (Nikon)

Old 05-10-2012, 11:01 PM   #2
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
I don't know much about the Nikon 1 but it looks appealing in the sense of compactness. Reading about it though, seems like the user loses too much control for my liking.

The D3100 appears to be a bridge SLR. They're great for beginners, but have very few advantages for those of us who pursue photography beyond the amateur level.

I don't think anyone in here has experience with the N1. What do you want to do with an SLR? Do you want to be able to use all the fancy lenses? The D3100 won't do it. If you're just a weekend shooter and want a nice camera, go for it. There are plenty of decent DX series lenses that will work for it.
Old 05-10-2012, 11:02 PM   #3
Do I look like a guy with a plan?
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Buy my shit. Link in sig.