1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Going to buy a camera (Nikon)

Discussion in 'Photography' started by TNDrew, May 10, 2012.

1. May 10, 2012 at 8:10 PM
    TNDrew

TNDrew [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    Chattanooga, TN
    Vehicle:
    '12 Reg Cab 4x4 Silver
    WeatherTech DigitalFit Liners, Bench Seat Angle Fixed, Fog Lights (Nokya 2500k HyperYellow bulbs), aFe ProDry drop in, DeeZee bed mat, UWS black low pro tool box, Marathon Seat Covers (ordered should arrive mid-May). iSimple iPod adapter, Blacked out badges, SockMonkey WhiteTail Toyota Horns decal, LED Dome and License Plate Lights (LEDSolutions), Black Headlight Mod,
    Tell me why i should get the Nikon D3100 or the Nikon 1. Pros and cons with each?

2. May 10, 2012 at 11:01 PM
    brian

brian Another Traitor

Member:
    Elizabeth City, NC
    Vehicle:
    2017 F-250 Powerstroke
    I don't know much about the Nikon 1 but it looks appealing in the sense of compactness. Reading about it though, seems like the user loses too much control for my liking.

The D3100 appears to be a bridge SLR. They're great for beginners, but have very few advantages for those of us who pursue photography beyond the amateur level.

I don't think anyone in here has experience with the N1. What do you want to do with an SLR? Do you want to be able to use all the fancy lenses? The D3100 won't do it. If you're just a weekend shooter and want a nice camera, go for it. There are plenty of decent DX series lenses that will work for it.

Products Discussed in

To Top