Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Photography

Notices

anyone shoot video ??

Old 05-25-2012, 10:40 PM   #1
Banned
sunflower is a splendid one to beholdsunflower is a splendid one to beholdsunflower is a splendid one to beholdsunflower is a splendid one to beholdsunflower is a splendid one to beholdsunflower is a splendid one to beholdsunflower is a splendid one to behold
sunflower's Tacoma Gallery
anyone shoot video ??

I have been shooting alot of video with my Nikon D7000 and I love it. I have been thinking of also getting a Sony NX5 but I just cant justify the $4,000 right now. Plus, I am so happy with my Nikon.
Old 05-28-2012, 07:50 PM   #3
stuckinoh is on a distinguished road
Name: Brett
stuckinoh's Tacoma Gallery
Used to do some with a Sony FX7. Pure awesome! I spent about $3,500 on my setup, that's with some audio equipment too.
Old 05-28-2012, 07:55 PM   #5
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mohawk Mike
mikesdoublecab's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckinoh View Post
Used to do some with a Sony FX7. Pure awesome! I spent about $3,500 on my setup, that's with some audio equipment too.
i used to shoot with an FX7... great camera... the whole tape thing got old really quick though... aside from that, i would have kept it...
Old 05-28-2012, 07:58 PM   #6
stuckinoh is on a distinguished road
Name: Brett
stuckinoh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesdoublecab View Post
i used to shoot with an FX7... great camera... the whole tape thing got old really quick though... aside from that, i would have kept it...

The thing I liked about the tape was for archival purposes. I did weddings and whatnot so it was important to have a hard copy in addition to digital. JUST IN CASE.
Old 05-28-2012, 08:08 PM   #7
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mohawk Mike
mikesdoublecab's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckinoh View Post
The thing I liked about the tape was for archival purposes. I did weddings and whatnot so it was important to have a hard copy in addition to digital. JUST IN CASE.
yah, i do like the hard copy storage...

i just hated the workflow transfer to my computer... having to let the camera sit for hours to download the footage got old for me... i just didn't have the patience for it...

in hindsight i should have gone with a firewire and harddrive setup as the sensor on the FX7 was pretty good...
Old 08-21-2012, 07:16 PM   #8
FNG
texger is on a distinguished road

Army: Combat Photographer/Aeroscout Observer
Name: Chip
texger's Tacoma Gallery
I shoot video for a livin'. What kind of information are you looking for?