Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Photography

Notices

Nikon lense recommendation

Old 03-05-2013, 08:51 PM   #41
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDSport10 View Post
Rich,

Unbelievable composition with an FE! Very nice shots.
Thanks for sharing.

JohnB
Those aren't mine... they're Matt's.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:52 PM   #42
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
I need a wide lens before my trip this Summer. I'm thinking about just nabbing the 10-24 and selling the kit 18-55 for now. We'll see.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:01 PM   #43
Xer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of light

Army: veterans affairs
Xer0 SiN's Tacoma Gallery
trveler: wow, very nice! i think my next lens is going to be the tokina 11-16 f2.8. always wanted an dedicated fisheye lens (not the cheap add on), but dont know if im willing to justify the cost at this point and time. i think the ultra wide would be the medium for now.

as for lenses, i was on ebay this weekend and picked a couple lenses to tinker around with after reading reviews on them. first is the nikon 105 f2.5. this is a retro lens but i read that this lens is highly sought after for its dreamy bokeh. and second lens i picked up was a rokinon 85 f1.4 (chipped version). this lens produced excellent results and came out on top versus the other lenses in its class.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:19 AM   #45
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzardsGottaEat View Post
I need a wide lens before my trip this Summer. I'm thinking about just nabbing the 10-24 and selling the kit 18-55 for now. We'll see.
Do it. I'm a Canon boy, but I have a 10-22 on my 60D, and it is so much fun. Depends on what you want to do with it. Just realize that at 10mm you might be getting your feet or tripod if you use one in the shot.
Old 03-06-2013, 11:07 AM   #47
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Traveler View Post
Ultra Wide lenses are awesome. I want to get an 11-16 f/2.8 as well.

Boner inducing...