Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Photography

Notices

what will heat do to my camera

Old 07-06-2012, 04:46 PM   #1
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
what will heat do to my camera

Do yall think that If I leave my camera (t3i) in my car for several hours in this intense heat would it be damaged in any way? Thanks
Old 07-06-2012, 04:48 PM   #2
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
What do you consider extreme heat? I've left my cannon point in shoot in my car plenty of times here in the AZ summer where the temps were above 115 outside. Never had an issue but its not an SLR like yours.

I'd think you will be ok.
Old 07-06-2012, 04:49 PM   #3
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery
gona jack this here.. how are you liking the t3i? I was thinking of selling my 40d and all my accessories to get a t3i so I have video...
Old 07-06-2012, 04:53 PM   #4
Tortoise*
IndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: AJ
IndigoTac07's Tacoma Gallery
To further jack this thread, Rab why wouldn't you just upgrade to a 7d Or a 60d? Why would you want to go to an entry level from a mid level? Seems backwards to me...

OP, I'm not sure if it would or would not damage you camera, but I wouldn't do it a lot. If you maybe forgot about it one day I'm sure it would be fine as long as you let it cool down. I'm not 100% sure though, so I'm just gonna go with, don't do that
Old 07-06-2012, 04:57 PM   #5
toughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
toughtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Why wouldn't you just wrap it with a bunch of clothes in the camera bag. That will serve 2 purposes, 1- no one will know the better, would be thieves will think its just a pile of clothes and 2- it will really keep the temp down on the camera...... a good DSLR camera will easily fetch a couple hundred dollars on the street if not money.... enough drugs to party through the weekend.
Old 07-06-2012, 05:06 PM   #6
Haslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brady
Haslefre's Tacoma Gallery
Only time it could harm your camera is if you have Lithium Ion batteries installed in it. It has been proven that Lithium Ion batteries can overheat and catch on fire if left unattended in a vehicle, same as if it has been over charged.
Old 07-06-2012, 10:36 PM   #7
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rab89's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoTac07 View Post
To further jack this thread, Rab why wouldn't you just upgrade to a 7d Or a 60d? Why would you want to go to an entry level from a mid level? Seems backwards to me...

OP, I'm not sure if it would or would not damage you camera, but I wouldn't do it a lot. If you maybe forgot about it one day I'm sure it would be fine as long as you let it cool down. I'm not 100% sure though, so I'm just gonna go with, don't do that
Well, I don't take my camera with me often because it's so damn big! so I want to get a smaller bodied camera, and something with HD video would be great! I just don't need the big bad camera anymore.

the films people are making with the new dslr video capabilities is really amazing.
Old 07-06-2012, 10:49 PM   #8
Tortoise*
IndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I see, makes more sense to me now. I definitely noticed the difference between my XS and 7D I have only taken 2 videos and as you say, they are amazing quality. You will definitely notice the difference between the two.
Old 07-07-2012, 12:17 AM   #9

rab89's Tacoma Gallery
Yea I think i'll like the camera, and get more use out of it. I don't have ANY video on the 40d... fail!
Old 07-07-2012, 04:53 AM   #10
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by rab89 View Post
gona jack this here.. how are you liking the t3i? I was thinking of selling my 40d and all my accessories to get a t3i so I have video...
I really like it, I am just a novice and I keep forgetting how to manipulate all the settings to get that "great shot". I think rather than risk my camera I will just leave it at home////thanks all.
Old 07-07-2012, 05:02 AM   #11
scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
crf69's Tacoma Gallery
it might melt.

Old 07-07-2012, 07:10 AM   #12

rab89's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeesnob View Post
I really like it, I am just a novice and I keep forgetting how to manipulate all the settings to get that "great shot". I think rather than risk my camera I will just leave it at home////thanks all.
there is so much good info on the internet, it doesn't take too long to get good.
have you used the video setting at all?
Old 07-08-2012, 10:03 AM   #13

anoter question

Quote:
Originally Posted by rab89 View Post
there is so much good info on the internet, it doesn't take too long to get good.
have you used the video setting at all?
A couple of times to capture the daughters dog running around but thats all. Why is it pretty neat. Another question I have. I set my resolution to the highest pixel which is 18 but when i check the photo details when i down load them they are anywhere from 2 to 4. I don't quite understand that..
Old 07-08-2012, 10:12 AM   #14
Tortoise*

Is the 2-4 the not the file size? That should be right if you are shooting in JPEG