Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Photography

Notices

1ST gen GO Pro vs 2nd Gen Go Pro

Old 08-08-2012, 02:25 PM   #1
Canadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kim
Canadian Girl's Tacoma Gallery
1ST gen GO Pro vs 2nd Gen Go Pro

hey guys n gals

Need some opinions ....... is the 2nd gen go pro better then the first?

And pros and cons??? For the extra price just trying to figure this out

Maybe you guys have some expert advise
Old 08-08-2012, 02:32 PM   #3
kbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
kbauman92's Tacoma Gallery
I have the first GoPro and i love it but the second one has a better quality lens and shooting modes, the Contour has less mounting options so it depends on what you wanna use it for.
Old 08-08-2012, 02:43 PM   #4
Canadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I am just looking to play with it. both off roading, rappelling, driving the xr and having it in the window

the contour is it better to get just the basic one? or special one?
Old 08-08-2012, 02:48 PM   #5
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
I have the 1st GoPro and I love it!! I dont really have any personal experience with the 2nd GoPro but my buddies have it and they love it as well and I know it has a few better options and things on it. I know someone that has a contour, not sure which model but after he saw my GoPro footage, he bought himself a GoPro, haha.
Old 08-08-2012, 03:03 PM   #6
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Have you seen this page?
http://gopro.com/product-comparison-...-hero-cameras/

Main benefit of GoPro Hero2 is the ability to take 11MP still photos, and better low-light sensor/processing. Lense sharpness isn't that important when there's a plastic case over the camera anyway.
Old 08-08-2012, 03:08 PM   #7
No longer anonymous. D'oh!
carcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
carcharias's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbauman92 View Post
I have the first GoPro and i love it but the second one has a better quality lens and shooting modes, the Contour has less mounting options so it depends on what you wanna use it for.
Not true. Contour has many more universal/professional mounts. I use all types of cameras for a living, and the GoPros not only give inferior images than Contour, but also are the biggest pita what with their mounting systems and cheap plastic casings. GoPro simply has better marketing.

OP, it comes down to personal choice for whatever you want to do. They will all suffice.
Old 08-08-2012, 06:32 PM   #8
kbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
kbauman92's Tacoma Gallery
Not true. Contour has many more universal/professional mounts. I use all types of cameras for a living, and the GoPros not only give inferior images than Contour, but also are the biggest pita what with their mounting systems and cheap plastic casings. GoPro simply has better marketing.

Thanks for the update, i haven't followed Contour much lately other than my friend having one, i know on the new Contour they got rid of the horrible wind noise
Old 08-08-2012, 06:43 PM   #9
Alaskan is on a distinguished road
Name: Ryan
Alaskan's Tacoma Gallery
there is actually 3 different go pros,but the original is really bad and the hd hero 1 and 2 are very similar there is just a few advantages to the hero 2 and a couple different modes so in my opinion its not worth spending the extra money for the same quality video. The contour just has a different way to operate that some people think is easier but if u play around with a go pro its easier then contour cause u can set up one touch video and it has a different mount which works good for some situiations and bad for others, however the quality on the two cameras is unoticable.
Old 08-08-2012, 08:07 PM   #10
No longer anonymous. D'oh!
carcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
carcharias's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbauman92 View Post

Thanks for the update, i haven't followed Contour much lately other than my friend having one, i know on the new Contour they got rid of the horrible wind noise
Yeah, the audio is only average on all of these small cameras, and the new Contour+ has an external hookup. Funny to watch them come out with something, and not long afterwards comes GoPro's version. There also IS a noticeable difference in image quality between the two.

Like I said, though, for what most people use these for, a person can't go wrong with either.
Old 08-09-2012, 01:54 PM   #11
Alaskan is on a distinguished road
Name: Ryan
Alaskan's Tacoma Gallery
btw sony and another major company who can't remember the name our coming out with other gopro/contour like cameras
Old 08-13-2012, 01:38 PM   #12

shit... so many options.......