Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Photography

Notices

Night Shoot w/ the FR-S!

Old 09-12-2012, 07:38 PM   #1
Fast Cars, Off-Road Trucks, and Hott Women ;)
Taco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Medical Corps
Name: Jake
Taco.VR4's Tacoma Gallery
Night Shoot w/ the FR-S!

My first attempt at a night shoot with the FR-S
(Feedback is welcome and appreciated!)

Overall settings on the Canon 550D w/ 28-135mm Lens + CPL Filter + Lens Hood
Shutter: between 5" and 30"
Aperture: between f/9 and f/22
ISO: 100 or 200

Old 09-29-2012, 12:07 PM   #2
Fear no fish
tuckdaddy has much to be proud oftuckdaddy has much to be proud oftuckdaddy has much to be proud oftuckdaddy has much to be proud oftuckdaddy has much to be proud oftuckdaddy has much to be proud oftuckdaddy has much to be proud oftuckdaddy has much to be proud oftuckdaddy has much to be proud of

Name: Tucker
tuckdaddy's Tacoma Gallery
Dig the ultramarine! I got an Asphalt yesterday and need to go have a shoot with it!
Old 09-30-2012, 06:48 AM   #4
Taco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckdaddy View Post
Dig the ultramarine! I got an Asphalt yesterday and need to go have a shoot with it!
good deal AT or MT?

I just got back from a 700 mile roadtrip up to the Upper Paninsula and averaged 38.6mpg
Old 09-30-2012, 08:44 AM   #5
Fear no fish
tuckdaddy has much to be proud oftuckdaddy has much to be proud oftuckdaddy has much to be proud oftuckdaddy has much to be proud oftuckdaddy has much to be proud oftuckdaddy has much to be proud oftuckdaddy has much to be proud oftuckdaddy has much to be proud oftuckdaddy has much to be proud of

AT.. It's not a bad auto I'm pretty impressed with it compared to the manual. I'm still hitting about 25 but I'm only on the first tank I'm sure when I put the second tank in ill be consistently hitting 35+
Old 09-30-2012, 09:35 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckdaddy View Post
AT.. It's not a bad auto I'm pretty impressed with it compared to the manual. I'm still hitting about 25 but I'm only on the first tank I'm sure when I put the second tank in ill be consistently hitting 35+
You won't see the top #s until after the 1000 mile break in... I started really seeing a difference around 1600 miles
Old 09-30-2012, 02:13 PM   #7
Fear no fish

thats what i was thinking! im driving all over to get through that 1,000 miles asap!
Old 09-30-2012, 02:15 PM   #8
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
so is this a pretty fun little car to drive? i've read good things about it
Old 09-30-2012, 02:18 PM   #9
Fear no fish

its a blast! its kept me grinning from ear to ear and the way it stays planted and very controlled at a higher speed into turns and even full on sideways! all the while getting good mpg's!

Old 09-30-2012, 02:50 PM   #10
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nice. i thought it looked cool, but then when i saw it wasn't turbo'd i kinda lost interest...

maybe i'll go test drive one for shits and gigs
Old 09-30-2012, 05:01 PM   #11

I sold my '94 twin turbo 3000GT when I bought this... just as a "power reference"

Its not overly fast, but its decently quick, alot more than you'd expect for the #s. The big thing is its lighter than a Prius

Prius@~2800 > FR-S@~2700
Old 09-30-2012, 05:05 PM   #12
TeamBlue
alegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
alegav's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to alegav Send a message via Yahoo to alegav
Love the FRS. I actually went to the dealer for that car but instead went with my Tacoma. I'm a bit to big for it. I always think I'm a small little Asian.
Old 09-30-2012, 05:11 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco.VR4 View Post
I sold my '94 twin turbo 3000GT when I bought this... just as a "power reference"

Its not overly fast, but its decently quick, alot more than you'd expect for the #s. The big thing is its lighter than a Prius

Prius@~2800 > FR-S@~2700
good to know. post some more pics of the FRS if you don't mind... especially the interior

i think i'll try to go check one out next week
Old 09-30-2012, 05:20 PM   #14
atvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant future

Name: Chris
atvlifestyle's Tacoma Gallery
Jay I think the pics are missing something. Not used to noticing the car in them.

On a side note I tried to sell the wife on an FR-S and she wasn't real receptive to the idea, but she really liked the roadtrip pics.
Old 09-30-2012, 05:27 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by atvlifestyle View Post
Jay I think the pics are missing something. Not used to noticing the car in them.

On a side note I tried to sell the wife on an FR-S and she wasn't real receptive to the idea, but she really liked the roadtrip pics.
anything to get rid of the wife's VW bug right? haha
Old 09-30-2012, 05:29 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
good to know. post some more pics of the FRS if you don't mind... especially the interior

i think i'll try to go check one out next week
haha you may get more than you asked for but here goes:

I haven't really taken many interior shots but I'll see if I can get some tmrw

more on FB here (idr if its a public album or not...)
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...2750096&type=1

Quote:
Originally Posted by atvlifestyle View Post

Maybe this'll help: over the 783 miles of the roadtrip, I averaged 38.5mpg =] and thats with the heavy 245/45's on the rear
Old 09-30-2012, 05:30 PM   #17
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
That car is screaming,"drop me an inch." Plus, you'll get better gas mileage due to the lower wind resistance.
Old 09-30-2012, 05:39 PM   #19
atvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
anything to get rid of the wife's VW bug right? haha

Exactly. But I already got rid of it and it really needs to get replaced so I can get my Jeep back. Im working on getting a car we both can agree with.

Jay has been helping me try to convince her on an FR-S with pics but maybe a test will help.
Old 09-30-2012, 05:47 PM   #20

I like the 3rd pic and down with the back dark but the light down the side.

and this one: