Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Photography

Notices

Water Drop Problems

Old 09-20-2012, 10:11 AM   #1
CDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
CDSurfPhotography's Tacoma Gallery
Water Drop Problems

I don't know if anyone has any experience with this, but I thought I would give it a try. So right now I own a SPL Water Housing and a Canon 60D, I love the housing and haven't had any problems with it until recently. I usually spit on the lens port to keep water drops off the lens when pulling it out of the water to take pictures. But recently I've had a few water drops that just won't go away and it is really screwing up a lot of my pictures. I was wondering if anyone know any other tips to keep the water drops off.

Thanks

photo by CD Surf Photography, on Flickr
Old 09-20-2012, 11:52 AM   #2
6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
6spd's Tacoma Gallery
are you talking about in front of the lens? maybe apply something like rain-x, or any other product that will bead water on contact on the element that is protecting the front element of your lens.

or is your issue inside of the housing?
Old 09-21-2012, 05:17 PM   #3
CDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
CDSurfPhotography's Tacoma Gallery
The outside of the housing on the lens port, I never had an issue with this before but recently no matter what I do it just seems to keep coming back.