Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Photography

Notices

Graphic Artist/Corel/Illustrator Guy's/Gals

Old 10-22-2012, 07:01 PM   #1
Ditch Doctor
medic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Murph
medic2230's Tacoma Gallery
Graphic Artist/Corel/Illustrator Guy's/Gals

I've been trying to find this font for 2 days online and can't find it. I'm trying to re-work this logo into a logo for my son's Halloween costume but I'm no graphic artist or good with what font's go with what. I have Corel x3 and that's what I've been working in trying to get this to look halfway decent. Would any of you out there happen to have any ideas on what this font is or ideas on what I do to improve this logo? Thanks in advance for any advice.

His costume will be an Ice Cream Truck. This logo will be embroidered on the side of the truck. The font I'm trying to figure out is the part that says "ICE CREAM". Any suggestions on anything not looking right?

This is the original logo:

This is how I'm changing it:

Old 10-23-2012, 09:03 AM   #2
Ditch Doctor
medic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Bumpity.....Anyone???? (Even if you know nothing about design any comments would help)

Does it look ok like I have it?
Old 10-27-2012, 07:52 PM   #3
wileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
i think it looks great the way you've got it should make for a cool custom costume for your son - just one question... when he shows up to folks' doors will he be giving out ice cream in exchange for candy?
Old 10-27-2012, 08:31 PM   #4
JWinTN is on a distinguished road
JWinTN's Tacoma Gallery
Did you try What the Font?

ETA: What the Font turned up nothin'
Old 10-29-2012, 04:18 PM   #5
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mohawk Mike
mikesdoublecab's Tacoma Gallery
for me, the font on Jake's doesn't quite mesh with the rest of the design..

it feels bottom heavy overall, and the Jake's font doesn't feel as nostalgiac as the rest of the logo...

Jake's looks more 1980s and the rest of the logo feels more modern retro or 1960s spinoff....

the transformation reminds me of the mom and pop donut shops that buy an old Winchells and instead of coming up with a new brand, they change one letter and call the place Minchells but keep the original design...
Old 11-13-2012, 06:39 AM   #6
Ditch Doctor

EMS:
Quote:
Originally Posted by wileyC View Post
i think it looks great the way you've got it should make for a cool custom costume for your son - just one question... when he shows up to folks' doors will he be giving out ice cream in exchange for candy?
Nope this is a one way deal. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWinTN View Post
Did you try What the Font?

ETA: What the Font turned up nothin'
Yeah that was the first place I tried.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesdoublecab View Post
for me, the font on Jake's doesn't quite mesh with the rest of the design..

it feels bottom heavy overall, and the Jake's font doesn't feel as nostalgiac as the rest of the logo...

Jake's looks more 1980s and the rest of the logo feels more modern retro or 1960s spinoff....

the transformation reminds me of the mom and pop donut shops that buy an old Winchells and instead of coming up with a new brand, they change one letter and call the place Minchells but keep the original design...
Yeah that what I was feeling when I first made it. I just saw the replies and it was kinda late by that time so I went with it. It turned out pretty good I think. Thanks for the replies guys!

Final is posted in this thread:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/off...-costumes.html