Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Photography

Notices

Buy new camera?

Old 11-09-2012, 04:51 PM   #1
Uhaul-n-azz is one of the sharper tools in the shedUhaul-n-azz is one of the sharper tools in the shedUhaul-n-azz is one of the sharper tools in the shedUhaul-n-azz is one of the sharper tools in the shedUhaul-n-azz is one of the sharper tools in the shedUhaul-n-azz is one of the sharper tools in the shedUhaul-n-azz is one of the sharper tools in the shedUhaul-n-azz is one of the sharper tools in the shedUhaul-n-azz is one of the sharper tools in the shedUhaul-n-azz is one of the sharper tools in the shedUhaul-n-azz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Uhaul-n-azz's Tacoma Gallery
Buy new camera?

I am buying my first dslr camera, body only does this mean the charger and battery will not be included?
Old 11-09-2012, 04:53 PM   #2
Out of my mind....be back later.
RedTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: SSGT 262d CCS WANG
Name: Dale
RedTacoDriver's Tacoma Gallery
Depends on the camera. Make sure you take some time to get used to it before taking it on the road.
Old 11-09-2012, 05:00 PM   #3
OhYeah is on a distinguished road
OhYeah's Tacoma Gallery
It should include everything EXCEPT the lens. Which is fine, because you will "out grow" the kit lens very quickly and want to buy a more versatile one.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:07 PM   #4
CDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
CDSurfPhotography's Tacoma Gallery
What camera body are you looking at?

The body alone should include a cable to connect to your computer as well as a charger.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:28 PM   #5
6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
6spd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhYeah View Post
It should include everything EXCEPT the lens. Which is fine, because you will "out grow" the kit lens very quickly and want to buy a more versatile one.
if I knew then, what I know now, photography wise, I would have purchased off camera lighting first, before upgrading anything else.

I think the general stigma when someone first gets into photography, is being a gear whore. I know I purchased stuff I wasnt technically ready for just because I had the money when I first started. I didnt use half of it to their full potential and ended up selling all that gear
Old 11-12-2012, 09:02 PM   #7
6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
6spd's Tacoma Gallery
I started out with a nikon d80, and a sigma 24-70mm 2.8 with a nifty 50. I probably could have learned a lot more, if I wasn't so concentrated on having better stuff.

like I tell my friends that get into it, learn the basics first with what you have(they usually have a p&s). it's not hard to get a super bomb ass shot with a p&s, just got to know how to properly use it for your advantage
Old 11-16-2012, 08:18 PM   #8
2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Grant
2ski4life7's Tacoma Gallery
I have a nikon D5100 I am looking to sell. Will come with a bag and SD card. PM if your interested. Its pretty much brand new. Bought it since I travel a lot but took it once and havent brought it again.
Old 11-16-2012, 08:37 PM   #9
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Most slrs come ready to shoot out of the box but the lens they provide mediocre. You'll need an sd card for sure though.
Old 11-16-2012, 08:39 PM   #10
Low and slow
dually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 14S
dually's Tacoma Gallery
I just bought a Canon T3i in a kit w/ 55 and 250mm lenses and 16gb SD card for $924. Awesome camera. Definitely worth it to look