Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Photography

Notices

TacomaWorld Calendar

Old 11-18-2012, 01:37 PM   #1
Consistently Irregular
IronCladTRD is just really niceIronCladTRD is just really niceIronCladTRD is just really niceIronCladTRD is just really niceIronCladTRD is just really nice
Name: Corbin
IronCladTRD's Tacoma Gallery
TacomaWorld Calendar

I'm by no means qualified to make up a nice, publishable calendar, but if somebody got together some cool Tacoma pics and put them in a calendar for the upcoming year, they could probably make a crap ton of money. I know I'd buy one. Just thinking now would be the time to get started on that! I think we should hold off on submissions for now to keep the thread clear. At least until somebody steps up and says they'd make it. Pictures could be the top 12 Tacomas from those polls I saw going around... Maybe a collage of pictures of each member's truck for a month? Thoughts?
Old 11-18-2012, 01:39 PM   #2
Very nice how much?
Forster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Name: Nick
Forster46's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Forster46
I would be up to make them if some people wanted to submit pictures and vote on them. It would take to long to go through all the other threads lol

Edit: I can run it by Tcbob before as well, and make it an official TW calendar
Old 11-18-2012, 01:42 PM   #3
Consistently Irregular
IronCladTRD is just really niceIronCladTRD is just really niceIronCladTRD is just really niceIronCladTRD is just really niceIronCladTRD is just really nice
I think making it official would make it that much better. I don't think there's enough time to pick out new pictures and go through submissions... I mean you'd want to have the things printed by a month from now. Could just put it up to the creator's discretion to put in a good amount of offroad rigs, street trucks, clean modded stuff, just so there's something there for everybody.
Old 11-18-2012, 01:45 PM   #5
Very nice how much?
Forster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yeah thats what I was thinking. Some long travel, some x runner, some heavily modded, some lightly modded, some 6" lifted ones. Have it say tacomaworld.com along the bottom of the calendar. Or get one member for month and do a collage of their rigs, like you suggested. Just make sure that there is a good variety.

Or each month could be a collage of different types, so we get way more members in
Old 11-18-2012, 01:50 PM   #6
Consistently Irregular
I like the idea of doing different types each month. That'd be the best way I think. Definitely need to generate some interest. Do we need member's permission to use their pictures in an official calendar or is it public domain, fair game kind of thing?
Old 11-18-2012, 01:52 PM   #7
Consistently Irregular
I mean, I don't think people are gonna be angry if their rig is on the calendar without permission. More likely they'd be excited to make it in there. I'd kinda like to see this become a yearly thing! Should probably also have a few 4runners and FJ's to make it even more diverse and get more people interested. Heck, this could become huge in theory!
Old 11-18-2012, 01:55 PM   #8
No amount of balls on earth can hit you.
Rupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rupp1's Tacoma Gallery
I like the idea.
Old 11-18-2012, 02:01 PM   #9
Consistently Irregular
And if you REALLY wanted to make money, get this thing super popular and start charging vendors for advertising space! If it's an "official" TW calendar that may not fly under the specs that I'm sure would be laid out.
Old 11-18-2012, 02:16 PM   #11
We can't stop here, this is bat country.
dayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dayNnite4's Tacoma Gallery
I'd buy one!
Old 11-19-2012, 03:17 PM   #15
UBIQUE
Highland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Canadian Army: Royal Canadian Artillery (Sgt, Ret.)
Name: Frank
Highland Logan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forster46 View Post
Yeah thats what I was thinking. Some long travel, some x runner, some heavily modded, some lightly modded, some 6" lifted ones. Have it say tacomaworld.com along the bottom of the calendar. Or get one member for month and do a collage of their rigs, like you suggested. Just make sure that there is a good variety.

Or each month could be a collage of different types, so we get way more members in
All great ideas. Depending on the where and how this gets printed, if it's by the single order, the member ordering could get their ride posted as the June (or month of choice) picture. You might get more interest if the member was guaranteed a spot.

Just a suggestion, but with small number vanity printing anything is possible.

Frank
Old 11-19-2012, 03:23 PM   #16
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
I'd probably take one. The forum I was on for my Impala used to do an "Impala of the Month" competition. People would submit pics and then the mods would vote each month. Then each monthly winner would be featured in the following years calendar. They stopped doing it due to lack of interest, but there were only a couple thousand members there.
Old 11-20-2012, 05:04 PM   #18
Consistently Irregular
Bump. Feeling like there's not enough momentum
Old 11-21-2012, 01:36 AM   #19
UBIQUE
Highland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Canadian Army: Royal Canadian Artillery (Sgt, Ret.)
Name: Frank
Highland Logan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banjohauler View Post
Bump. Feeling like there's not enough momentum
You're right there's not. This is 2012, going on 2013. Anyone can go to places like Cafe Press, and make their own for a really small fee.

If you want interest in an official TW calender talk to Bob, and get the go ahead. Also find a way for the member ordering to get their ride posted as the June (or month of choice) picture. You might get more interest if the member was guaranteed a spot.

Just a suggestion, but with small number vanity printing anything is possible.

Frank
Old 11-21-2012, 02:15 AM   #20
Very nice how much?

Well if there is enough interest I can talk to bob about it. Or we could do a contest like suggested and vote on trucks for each month, its a little late for 2013 so we could do each style for every month and have a collage of trucks for each style?

Most people would get their trucks featured that way