Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Photography

Notices

Help Me Find A Digital Camcorder Please

Old 11-21-2012, 04:56 PM   #1
jkulysses is on a distinguished road
Army: 1-41 Infantry Battalion Veteran (Straight and Stalwart)
Name: Jake
jkulysses's Tacoma Gallery
Help Me Find A Digital Camcorder Please

I have a 9 month old son and feel like I'm already missing out on capturing some of his accomplishments and don't want to miss anymore of them. I have no clue what to look for in a digital camcorder but would like to keep it in the $200 dollar range if at all possible. I guess my main needs would be that it works good in low light situations and other than that I don't know what to look for to be honest. Anybody have any tips or brand and models to look for? If there are digital cameras that also take excellent video I would be open to that as well. Thank you.
Old 11-22-2012, 08:08 PM   #2
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mohawk Mike
mikesdoublecab's Tacoma Gallery
for a small compact hand held that is decent in low light, i like the Sony HDR-CX series cameras....

i use a CX580 as a B roll camera and just sold it to upgrade to a CX760V...

given the ease of use and quality of the 580, the lower models within that series should be good...

this is the CX580...

for a video sample of the 580, here is a preview wedding video i shot last week for a client... it shoots 1080p in either 24p or 60p... i would have liked an option for 30p, but i shoot in 24p most of the time...

http://youtu.be/MA0E2xdT8cU