Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Photography

Notices

Video Editing Guys! Need some help

Old 05-28-2013, 10:17 PM   #1
Failure is the result of letting setbacks stop you
MedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
MedlinAround's Tacoma Gallery
Video Editing Guys! Need some help

I have a quick questions on editing some videos shot from the GoPro Black Edition. I have Adobe Premiere Pro and when i go to try to edit my videos, my video has an awful lag while trying to preview video. One thing i have read to do is lower my fps (Frames) to a lower number in my video editing settings to allow the file to be smaller and making editing easier. Like everyone else, i would love to have a better editing computer but as of now, that isn't a financial option. However, if my video is shot with my GoPro using say 720p at 60fps or 120fps, if i lower that in my editing software, is their anyway to say regain that or is it just lowering my overall fps. I'm using a Windows 7 64 bit operating system with 3GB of RAM. Is there an easier way to being able to get these videos not to lag without losing the quality the GoPro is pushing out?
Old 05-28-2013, 11:04 PM   #2
Banned
denali climber is one of the sharper tools in the sheddenali climber is one of the sharper tools in the sheddenali climber is one of the sharper tools in the sheddenali climber is one of the sharper tools in the sheddenali climber is one of the sharper tools in the sheddenali climber is one of the sharper tools in the sheddenali climber is one of the sharper tools in the sheddenali climber is one of the sharper tools in the sheddenali climber is one of the sharper tools in the sheddenali climber is one of the sharper tools in the sheddenali climber is one of the sharper tools in the shed
denali climber's Tacoma Gallery
lowering the FPS wont make any difference. your computer is probably part of the problem.

when previewing your video make sure adobe is setting to a smaller playback size, like maybe 25% or even less if your computer is slow.

one of the problems with the new high resolution video cameras is most computers just cant handle the file sizes properly.

try to keep your clips and movies short to avoid these problems. or you can just spend the $5,000 to get a decent computer to edit with.