Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Photography

Notices

Gopro or contour?

Old 06-14-2013, 11:19 PM   #1
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jake
95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Gopro or contour?

What are the pros and cons of each (yeah I know, use google, but I don't have the time to)
I'd use the cameras for videos out on the boat, hunting, and most often, riding the 4 wheeler.
I don't need super high quality, but I don't want to be disappointed, opinions please.
Old 06-14-2013, 11:24 PM   #2
HaoleBilt
elsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave Smith
elsenordave's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gn450BmX6DI&sns=em
Gopro FTW
Old 06-15-2013, 07:11 AM   #3
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Which model was that shot with? hero 2 or 3?
i'm looking at the hero 3 black edition, i was looking at the silver edition, but if i ever wanted the remote then it would've only been 20 bucks more to upgrade.
Old 06-15-2013, 08:14 AM   #4
HaoleBilt
elsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave Smith
elsenordave's Tacoma Gallery
Hero2 silver motorsports bought on sale
Old 06-15-2013, 08:18 AM   #5
Swerve for nothing
saundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
saundern's Tacoma Gallery
I will vouch for the GoPro Hero 3 Silver Edition. Shit is dope yo! Amazing quality and versatility. I have the chest and suction cup mounts, just need the head mount now. Thing is amazing!
Old 06-15-2013, 08:26 AM   #6
Banned
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
I think the hero3 silver can do HiRes Slomo whereas the contour can not

720P 120FPS vs. 480P 120FPS
Old 06-15-2013, 08:29 AM   #7
Cornfed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks Dave, Nick, and Erick, after some research i'm almost positive i'll be content with the silver, the money i saved on the black will be put into the extra battery pack.
Old 06-15-2013, 08:37 AM   #9
Cornfed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
which gopro was that shot with?
i really want to go to a real paintball place now.
Old 06-15-2013, 08:43 AM   #10
Kavik
Kavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rylan
Kavik's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 taco View Post
which gopro was that shot with?
i really want to go to a real paintball place now.
oh sorry, It was shot with a Hero 2, the only major difference that I see between the Hero 2 and Hero 3 is that it has built in wifi but you can also buy the wifi pac for the Hero 2 if you really want it. All Hero 2 stuff is cheap right now because of the Hero 3 so look out for good deals.
Old 06-15-2013, 08:46 AM   #11
Cornfed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavik View Post
oh sorry, It was shot with a Hero 2, the only major difference that I see between the Hero 2 and Hero 3 is that it has built in wifi but you can also buy the wifi pac for the Hero 2 if you really want it. All Hero 2 stuff is cheap right now because of the Hero 3 so look out for good deals.
Thanks for the info.
Hmmm, I'll look into that, it'll depend on the warranty situation, unless I can get the hero 2 new.
Old 06-15-2013, 08:47 AM   #12
tacosteven is on a distinguished road

Name: steven
tacosteven's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Which model was that shot with? hero 2 or 3?
i'm looking at the hero 3 black edition, i was looking at the silver edition, but if i ever wanted the remote then it would've only been 20 bucks more to upgrade.
If you have a smart phone, they have a free app which you can control your GoPro via wifi. its awesome.
The advantage the black has over the silver is that it can shoot some crazy like 1440p video, which if you care about high quality is good. but for 100 dollars I didn't think it was worth it.

Ive got the GoPro 3 and love it, but I cannot comment on the contour. It seems not as many have it so finding reviews that aren't bias may be difficult. I will tell you I have had excellent experience with my GoPro 3.
Old 06-15-2013, 08:51 AM   #13
Kavik
Kavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Kavik's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks for the info.
Hmmm, I'll look into that, it'll depend on the warranty situation, unless I can get the hero 2 new.
Oh, another thing, Gopro's customer service is awesome! My charge port on my camera stopped working so I called up GoPro and they stated that it was covered so they sent me a return address, I shipped it off and within about a week I got a new camera. super easy. I also bought the square trade warranty off of eBay and that covers you (after the GoPro warranty ends) if I were to break the camera by it falling off, getting wet, and basically anything that I could do to harm it.
Old 06-15-2013, 08:58 AM   #14
Low and slow
dually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 14S
dually's Tacoma Gallery
I have a Hero2 and the only thing I dont like is it records undersaturated so the video colors look crappy.. nothing a little final cut cant fix
Old 06-15-2013, 09:01 AM   #15
Kavik
Kavik's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dually View Post
I have a Hero2 and the only thing I dont like is it records undersaturated so the video colors look crappy.. nothing a little final cut cant fix
You can fix that with the software that they give you to edit videos.
Old 06-15-2013, 09:09 AM   #16
Low and slow
dually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 14S
dually's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I dont like their software. Thats why I use Final Cut Pro
Old 06-15-2013, 12:30 PM   #17
Cornfed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacosteven View Post
If you have a smart phone, they have a free app which you can control your GoPro via wifi. its awesome.
The advantage the black has over the silver is that it can shoot some crazy like 1440p video, which if you care about high quality is good. but for 100 dollars I didn't think it was worth it.

Ive got the GoPro 3 and love it, but I cannot comment on the contour. It seems not as many have it so finding reviews that aren't bias may be difficult. I will tell you I have had excellent experience with my GoPro 3.
cool, i've never heard of that before.
meh, i'm not into super duper high quality, 720p is high enough for me, it looks decent on our 55'' tv, if it's not good enough i'll just shoot in 1080p.

Quote:
Oh, another thing, Gopro's customer service is awesome! My charge port on my camera stopped working so I called up GoPro and they stated that it was covered so they sent me a return address, I shipped it off and within about a week I got a new camera. super easy. I also bought the square trade warranty off of eBay and that covers you (after the GoPro warranty ends) if I were to break the camera by it falling off, getting wet, and basically anything that I could do to harm it.
that's awesome to know, i'm hard on stuff, and sadly i don't know how to fix camera's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dually View Post
i think i'm not gonna get the 2, they don't have the ability to accept a 64gb card, just 32gb, which is a pretty big deal for me if i'm gonna be out riding around for a few hours.
Quote:
also good to know.
Old 06-15-2013, 12:46 PM   #18
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
I have te hero 3 silver and I use adobe premiere to edit. Although I'm not that good yet at editing.
Old 06-18-2013, 09:03 AM   #19
Cornfed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoyal View Post
I have te hero 3 silver and I use adobe premiere to edit. Although I'm not that good yet at editing.
Do you have any complaints about it?
Old 06-18-2013, 09:26 AM   #20
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Do you have any complaints about it?
No complaints yet. Haven't used much of it but the video is good and the adobe premier is nice.