Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Photography

Notices

Which Image as a Gift?

View Poll Results: Image 1 on the left or image 2 on the right?
Image 1 on the left 40 86.96%
Image 2 on the right 6 13.04%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-18-2013, 07:10 PM   #1
www.BeLikeBrit.org
fletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gary
fletch aka's Tacoma Gallery
Which Image as a Gift?

My brother is turning 60 in a few weeks, I'm going to do either a canvas print or an Aluminumyzed print, I took these a year or two back at Bass Lake in California.

Picture 1 on the left or picture 2 on the right?

Going by the comments I'm tossing another picture in the works, I decided against this one as I cant quite crop it to my liking, too centered.

Old 06-18-2013, 07:15 PM   #5
jermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to behold

Royal Canadian Air Force: aerospace control operator
Name: jeremy
jermoids's Tacoma Gallery
i'd like pic 2 better but without the dock in the background.
Old 06-18-2013, 07:20 PM   #6
Swimmerboy2112 is on a distinguished road

Name: Brian
Swimmerboy2112's Tacoma Gallery
Pic 1 looks cleaner and has more of a focus on the whole shot, everything is tied together.
Old 06-18-2013, 07:25 PM   #7
...and we're back!
Benson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ben
Benson X's Tacoma Gallery
Both are excellent pics, but I voted for #1.

I like the composition of Pic 1 best, good "rule of thirds", and the reflection on the trucks looks great. The lensflare adds to it as well, and I like how you know the picture was taken from the water. The sign in the background also adds to the overall nostalgic feel the picture has, aside from the ".com"

Pic 2 has potential, but not something I would like to admire for years and years. My biggest critique is the Chevron logo - it's too modern and bright-colored, and distracts the viewer's attention away from the truck. Also, I wish the truck wasn't in a shady spot compared to the background, which is sunny and well-defined.
Old 06-18-2013, 07:29 PM   #8
www.BeLikeBrit.org
fletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gary
fletch aka's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benson X View Post
My biggest critique is the Chevron logo - it's too modern and bright-colored, and distracts the viewer's attention away from the truck.
Funny you should say that, they had a 50 year old Chevron sign that they replaced just a year or two ago.
Old 06-18-2013, 08:33 PM   #10
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
I really like #1, but the tilt kinda ruins it for me. I can see the ground and the truck not being level, but this one is completely tilted to the right.

It would be a lot better if you could rotate it to correct the perspective.

But... of the 3, I REALLY like the vintage-looking monochrome shot.
Too bad it doesn't show the front of the truck, but it's a classic realistic look.
Old 06-18-2013, 08:48 PM   #11
llibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
llibrm's Tacoma Gallery
Image 1

I love it when the sunlight makes color bursts like that. Additionally, the bait shop looks more time correct as the truck appears to be built as a restorod.

Either way, good looking truck, and nice shots
Old 06-19-2013, 01:51 PM   #12
Bishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Bishop2Queens6's Tacoma Gallery
Image 1. It's more period correct with the truck than image 2 due to the modern cheveron sign
Old 06-27-2013, 05:24 PM   #13
Hailing from the land of bucking broncos...
farmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shedfarmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shedfarmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shedfarmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shedfarmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shedfarmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shedfarmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shedfarmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shedfarmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shedfarmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shedfarmerjon is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: farmerjon
farmerjon's Tacoma Gallery
Third choice for sure. I like it more, feels more natural with the truck.
Old 06-27-2013, 10:47 PM   #14
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
Do number three since I am loving the retro look of it