Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Photography

Notices

Input Needed: Graphic Design

Old 06-28-2013, 06:11 AM   #1
White and Nerdy
theTupper is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheTupper is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheTupper is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheTupper is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheTupper is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheTupper is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheTupper is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheTupper is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheTupper is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheTupper is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheTupper is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jacob
theTupper's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to theTupper Send a message via Skype™ to theTupper
Input Needed: Graphic Design

Hey all...

I worked up this design last night in the the thought that it could make a neat shirt...would make an awesome decal too, but would surely be a pain in the ass to weed...

...anyway...

It's (hopefully) clearly off-road centered. You can see the shackle in the middle, flanked by hi-lift "wings" and some LT shocks. I chose these items because, as awesome as offroading is, the "items" used in offroading that lend themselves to pleasing shapes for design are few. I tried an offroad tire in the center, but it ended up looking too much like a tire company logo. Haha! I threw the Toyota logo in there as well; after all, this is TW.

Where I'm stuck is the banner at the bottom. I think the banner needs to be there, it looks less complete without it.

That being said...

WHAT in the WORLD should it say?

I'm out of ideas. All my creativity went into the design, so let me hear your suggestions on what you think it should say.

I'd gladly take any other suggestions/critiques you have as well.

Thanks in advance...

Old 06-28-2013, 06:22 AM   #2
UNDESTRUCTABLE
Imagine7721 has a spectacular aura aboutImagine7721 has a spectacular aura aboutImagine7721 has a spectacular aura about

Army: OIF 07-09, 09-11, OND 2011 3rd Battalion, 8th Cavalry Regiment, 1st Cavalry Division
Name: Casey
Imagine7721's Tacoma Gallery
TRD 4 LIFE
Old 06-28-2013, 10:12 AM   #3
White and Nerdy
theTupper is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheTupper is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheTupper is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheTupper is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheTupper is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheTupper is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheTupper is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheTupper is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheTupper is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheTupper is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheTupper is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Thanks! Anyone else?
Old 07-09-2013, 04:01 PM   #4
Tortoise*
IndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: AJ
IndigoTac07's Tacoma Gallery
You could make the banner a tow rope or tie down instead? Or crop it to just the center design with the burnt corners

I think the Toyota emblem needs to be in B&W or just plain black to go with the rest of the design. And the very middle shock at the bottom doesnt look to be the same black on my screen as the rest of them, and it needs to come down just a tiny bit so that its sticking out just past the ones on the left and right, imho.

Its pretty effing sick man. It looks damn good and I like the burnt corners and design in them!
Old 07-09-2013, 04:10 PM   #5
Bad decisions make great stories.
Lost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lost_Humanity's Tacoma Gallery
Lose the BG if you want to make it a shirt. Weeding will be a bitch and it'll look like an iron-on.

I agree with the bottom shock. Out of place.

It looks Irish/Native American (the banner gives it the Irish feel, and honestly I thought it was a bagpipe thing before I realized they were shocks/hi-lifts).

Maybe try inverting the positive/negative space on the shackle/LT shock bodies/logo to make it more robust. Combine that with losing the BG and it can possibly be made into a decal, and would be easier to silkscreen or cut.
Old 07-09-2013, 05:06 PM   #6
Dragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
Dragons Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Could become a very cool tat too.

He wants slogans, TRD FOR LIFE is pretty good. Here are some more ideas:
  • Nothing Can Stop Me (My Toyota, My TRD, My Truck)
  • Where's the Dirt?
  • Sex , Dirt and Rocks or Sex, Dirt and Rocks I Roll
  • Recovery Expert
  • No Worries, I don't Tow and Tell
  • Screw It, Let's Rock
  • High on TRD (Toyota)
  • It's Fast Too
  • Keep Goin'
  • Keep Up
  • Follow the 'Tic' (tic tic tic tic) , ok that's bad
Old 07-09-2013, 07:21 PM   #7
White and Nerdy
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoTac07 View Post
You could make the banner a tow rope or tie down instead?

That's a great idea!

Or crop it to just the center design with the burnt corners

Thanks! I just placed the image on a canvas with corners for a bit of contrast here on the web, it wouldn't be in the final design

I think the Toyota emblem needs to be in B&W or just plain black to go with the rest of the design.

Toyota emblem is in black and white...does it appear otherwise?

And the very middle shock at the bottom doesnt look to be the same black on my screen as the rest of them, and it needs to come down just a tiny bit so that its sticking out just past the ones on the left and right, imho.

Same for center shock. Not sore what I was thinking when I mocked it up for placement, but I agree that it needs to be elongated.

Its pretty effing sick man. It looks damn good and I like the burnt corners and design in them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost_Humanity View Post
Lose the BG if you want to make it a shirt. Weeding will be a bitch and it'll look like an iron-on.

See above. :-)

I agree with the bottom shock. Out of place.

It looks Irish/Native American (the banner gives it the Irish feel, and honestly I thought it was a bagpipe thing before I realized they were shocks/hi-lifts).

Maybe try inverting the positive/negative space on the shackle/LT shock bodies/logo to make it more robust. Combine that with losing the BG and it can possibly be made into a decal, and would be easier to silkscreen or cut.

Inverting could be an option, though it does some funny things with perception.
Thanks for the feedback!
Old 07-09-2013, 07:21 PM   #8
White and Nerdy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragons Taco View Post
Could become a very cool tat too.

He wants slogans, TRD FOR LIFE is pretty good. Here are some more ideas:
  • Nothing Can Stop Me (My Toyota, My TRD, My Truck)
  • Where's the Dirt?
  • Sex , Dirt and Rocks or Sex, Dirt and Rocks I Roll
  • Recovery Expert
  • No Worries, I don't Tow and Tell
  • Screw It, Let's Rock
  • High on TRD (Toyota)
  • It's Fast Too
  • Keep Goin'
  • Keep Up
  • Follow the 'Tic' (tic tic tic tic) , ok that's bad
Thanks!
Old 07-09-2013, 07:58 PM   #9
Tortoise*
IndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: AJ
IndigoTac07's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by theTupper View Post
Thanks for the feedback!
I still like the corners though

Ah ok, on my screen I couldnt decide if the emblem was in B&W or if the black just wasnt dark enough, at least thats how it is on my screen. IMO, I think that the shadow on it needs to be darker just so that the blacks are even across the image. It seems just a little more gray than black. Or it might just be my screen and thats how you actually have it, in which case this doesnt apply lol