Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Photography

Notices

Weekly Photography Challenge Thread

Old 04-17-2014, 04:24 PM   #2861
tex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
tex's Tacoma Gallery
It is sad that I am not sure if I will have a chance to get some pics for this challenge and I work 10 min from a run down part of Fort Worth with tons of abandoned buildings. Maybe at lunch tomorrow I will have a chance but with the week has been my lunch will be short.
Old 04-18-2014, 04:30 PM   #2862
Get to tha Choppa!
Jmed109 is on a distinguished road

Army: Medic, OIF/OEF Veteran, EMT-I Grad
Name: Jeremy
Jmed109's Tacoma Gallery
here's mine

Somewhere in Sand Wash Basin, CO
Attached Thumbnails
Weekly Photography Challenge Thread-img_2660.jpg   Weekly Photography Challenge Thread-img_2660-version-2.jpg  
Old 04-18-2014, 04:53 PM   #2863
pkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Pete
pkjr's Tacoma Gallery
Here's my entry for 'Urban Decay' this week. Captured at the intersection of 32nd St/Thunderbird Rd in Phoenix, AZ midday today. Empty parking lot and vacant business spaces. Black and white for doom & gloom effect. Hope things turn around soon and these doors open again.
Old 04-18-2014, 06:10 PM   #2864
Reh5108 is a name known to allReh5108 is a name known to allReh5108 is a name known to allReh5108 is a name known to allReh5108 is a name known to allReh5108 is a name known to all

Name: Ryan
Reh5108's Tacoma Gallery
Been awhile since I've been able to find something good for the challenge. Here is my entry.

Old 04-18-2014, 08:16 PM   #2865
slow03z is a splendid one to beholdslow03z is a splendid one to beholdslow03z is a splendid one to beholdslow03z is a splendid one to beholdslow03z is a splendid one to beholdslow03z is a splendid one to beholdslow03z is a splendid one to behold
Name: Ryan
slow03z's Tacoma Gallery

This is from the old "Germain Amphitheater" north of Columbus, Ohio closed 2007. I hadn't been there in about 3 years and was hoping some of the buildings were still standing, they aren't - just rubble now. Shot from a staircase looking back to the expansive empty parking lot.
Old 04-19-2014, 03:58 AM   #2866
DougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Doug
DougDeBonet's Tacoma Gallery
No go for me this week. Woke up with a pretty bad corneal abrasion thanks to leaving my contacts in the night before. F me.
Old 04-19-2014, 10:49 AM   #2867
krap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krap22's Tacoma Gallery
Happen to find this gem while on a bike ride today. Didn't have a decent camera with me so I had to take it with my phone. I'm pretty happy with the results.

Old 04-19-2014, 11:28 AM   #2868
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
I took this from the hip while working downtown yesterday. I 100% do not want to demean this man, but to shine light on his situation. To me, the true tragedy of "Urban Decay" is not some run down buildings but the people who are laid off and living in condemned, moldy, holes in the wall in each of our great cities. It's people who pay. It's always about people.

DSCF1238.jpg by AdelphosChaz, on Flickr
Old 04-19-2014, 06:31 PM   #2869
Oh Herro
MikeyTG will become famous soon enoughMikeyTG will become famous soon enough
Air Force:
Name: Mike
MikeyTG's Tacoma Gallery

Didn't have my camera today, but I thought this was very fitting for the challenge this week so I captured it with my phone. Especially thought the rusting mailboxes made it special.
Old 04-19-2014, 07:13 PM   #2870
tex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
tex's Tacoma Gallery
I wanted to get some pics of a few old buildings near downtown Fort Worth but time has not been on my side this week. I did manage to notice this building today on the way home from an Easter egg hunt. I happen to have my camera with me since I was taking pics of my son hunting eggs.
No idea what this building ust to be and it has been vacant for several years.
Old 04-20-2014, 02:51 PM   #2871
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyTG View Post

Didn't have my camera today, but I thought this was very fitting for the challenge this week so I captured it with my phone. Especially thought the rusting mailboxes made it special.
Nice shot, Mike! Cool little shack. I'm curious what the inside looks like ha
Old 04-20-2014, 03:46 PM   #2872
LensCap
92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
92shawman's Tacoma Gallery
Best I could do near to Davis without going to woodland or Sac or Dixon. I looked around in Davis and only found one other place where there used to be a hazardous chemicals plant or something like that and they tore it down and it hasn't been rebuilt. It would've been perfect but I couldn't get a shot through the trees! Then I checked out the place where they used to do radioactivity tests on Beagles (sick, right?) and they haven't built anything there either but there weren't any signs so it would've just been an empty grass field...not very interesting.
This is a neat concrete bridge spanning Putah Creek out of town a little ways that's hidden by trees so you don't really see it until you're maybe 500ft away, which is pretty crazy! It's absolutely covered in graffiti, earning it the nickname "graffiti bridge." Other than the graffiti (which to me adds more character to it instead of decay), the road's a little pitted but otherwise is in relatively good shape, so it sorta fits "Urban Decay" but kinda doesn't at the same time

IMG_2531_edit_small by 92shawman, on Flickr
Old 04-20-2014, 05:24 PM   #2874
Go Pokes!
Pistol Pete is one of the sharper tools in the shedPistol Pete is one of the sharper tools in the shedPistol Pete is one of the sharper tools in the shedPistol Pete is one of the sharper tools in the shedPistol Pete is one of the sharper tools in the shedPistol Pete is one of the sharper tools in the shedPistol Pete is one of the sharper tools in the shedPistol Pete is one of the sharper tools in the shedPistol Pete is one of the sharper tools in the shedPistol Pete is one of the sharper tools in the shedPistol Pete is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Pistol Pete's Tacoma Gallery
Went to my hometown for Easter today and have had this in mind as my subject for the challenge. It is Crussel's Service Station on the corner of Williams Street & Highway 62 in Westville, OK. It was established in 1952. I visited this station many times as a child. I would often stop by on my bicycle to air up my tires and drink a cold soda. It closed sometime in the mid 90's and has been decaying ever since.

Crussel's Station by OKST Pistol Pete
Old 04-20-2014, 05:53 PM   #2875
chenbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedchenbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedchenbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedchenbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedchenbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedchenbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedchenbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedchenbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedchenbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedchenbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedchenbro is one of the sharper tools in the shed
chenbro's Tacoma Gallery
A few blocks from the local beach resort there is an abandoned business district lined with shops that have long since closed. I didn't think there would be much to see but after I got out of my truck I spent an hour exploring the area which turned out to be a treasure trove of urban decay.

Old 04-20-2014, 06:31 PM   #2876

Snap. Good work coming in.
Old 04-20-2014, 06:47 PM   #2878

No kidding. Very tough. Several easy winners in here.
Old 04-20-2014, 08:32 PM   #2879
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monte
Blackdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Official entries..

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFalco50 View Post
Here is my submission for this weeks challenge. "Urban Decay"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmed109 View Post
Somewhere in Sand Wash Basin, CO
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkjr View Post
Here's my entry for 'Urban Decay' this week. Captured at the intersection of 32nd St/Thunderbird Rd in Phoenix, AZ midday today. Empty parking lot and vacant business spaces. Black and white for doom & gloom effect. Hope things turn around soon and these doors open again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reh5108 View Post
Been awhile since I've been able to find something good for the challenge. Here is my entry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow03z View Post

This is from the old "Germain Amphitheater" north of Columbus, Ohio closed 2007. I hadn't been there in about 3 years and was hoping some of the buildings were still standing, they aren't - just rubble now. Shot from a staircase looking back to the expansive empty parking lot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by krap22 View Post
Happen to find this gem while on a bike ride today. Didn't have a decent camera with me so I had to take it with my phone. I'm pretty happy with the results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzardsGottaEat View Post
I took this from the hip while working downtown yesterday. I 100% do not want to demean this man, but to shine light on his situation. To me, the true tragedy of "Urban Decay" is not some run down buildings but the people who are laid off and living in condemned, moldy, holes in the wall in each of our great cities. It's people who pay. It's always about people.

DSCF1238.jpg by AdelphosChaz, on Flickr
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyTG View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex View Post
I wanted to get some pics of a few old buildings near downtown Fort Worth but time has not been on my side this week. I did manage to notice this building today on the way home from an Easter egg hunt. I happen to have my camera with me since I was taking pics of my son hunting eggs.
No idea what this building ust to be and it has been vacant for several years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92shawman View Post
Best I could do near to Davis without going to woodland or Sac or Dixon. I looked around in Davis and only found one other place where there used to be a hazardous chemicals plant or something like that and they tore it down and it hasn't been rebuilt. It would've been perfect but I couldn't get a shot through the trees! Then I checked out the place where they used to do radioactivity tests on Beagles (sick, right?) and they haven't built anything there either but there weren't any signs so it would've just been an empty grass field...not very interesting.
This is a neat concrete bridge spanning Putah Creek out of town a little ways that's hidden by trees so you don't really see it until you're maybe 500ft away, which is pretty crazy! It's absolutely covered in graffiti, earning it the nickname "graffiti bridge." Other than the graffiti (which to me adds more character to it instead of decay), the road's a little pitted but otherwise is in relatively good shape, so it sorta fits "Urban Decay" but kinda doesn't at the same time

IMG_2531_edit_small by 92shawman, on Flickr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
No cool story for me..but..think is speaks for itself..

Dying Building by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr

also..flickr got its poop in a group!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistol Pete View Post
Went to my hometown for Easter today and have had this in mind as my subject for the challenge. It is Crussel's Service Station on the corner of Williams Street & Highway 62 in Westville, OK. It was established in 1952. I visited this station many times as a child. I would often stop by on my bicycle to air up my tires and drink a cold soda. It closed sometime in the mid 90's and has been decaying ever since.

Crussel's Station by OKST Pistol Pete
Quote:
Originally Posted by chenbro View Post
A few blocks from the local beach resort there is an abandoned business district lined with shops that have long since closed. I didn't think there would be much to see but after I got out of my truck I spent an hour exploring the area which turned out to be a treasure trove of urban decay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidooman View Post
Holy moly, there is some awesome stuff this week. I wandered around town, couldn't find much. This is an old army surplus store that closed down a while back.

IMG_0215-1 by flyin' B photography, on Flickr
Old 04-20-2014, 08:56 PM   #2880
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
Holy moly, there is some awesome stuff this week. I wandered around town, couldn't find much. This is an old army surplus store that closed down a while back.

IMG_0215-1 by flyin' B photography, on Flickr