LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Photography

Notices

uploading RAW images

Old 09-22-2009, 09:02 PM   #1
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
uploading RAW images

so you photograpphy guys

i tok a bunch of photos in RAW NEF tonight and my PC wont recognize any of them....
my mac would but its unavailable right now..
any help wpuld be great thanks
Old 09-23-2009, 01:56 PM   #2
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda Jerk View Post
so you photograpphy guys

i tok a bunch of photos in RAW NEF tonight and my PC wont recognize any of them....
my mac would but its unavailable right now..
any help wpuld be great thanks
you need to convert them to jpg, tif, bmp, gif... for Windows to recognize it. You also need to convert them from RAW format to upload to TW. Your camera should have come with an application to do just that.
Old 09-24-2009, 05:45 AM   #3
Born in the Backwoods
kris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kris77's Tacoma Gallery
windows will recognize RAW...At least Photoshop will. I shoot in RAW all the time and edit with photoshop. Im sure photoshop elements will see them as well, cant be sure though.

Do a google search for "RAW to JPEG converter" if you need to convert them.
Old 09-24-2009, 09:17 AM   #5
Nuggety
Chickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Chickenmunga's Tacoma Gallery
you can also use Picasa if you need something free.

My personal vote is Lightroom

Also consider if you really need to be shooting RAW - if it's everyday photos or stuff that isn't being made into posters, you can do quite well with high quality JPG and save a big chunk of space.