Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Photography

Notices

Looking for a tough camera

Old 10-15-2009, 08:04 PM   #1
Mr. T is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
Mr. T's Tacoma Gallery
Looking for a tough camera

I am thinking about getting a camera that I can bring along on my camping/kayaking trips. I would like something that allows me to get closeups of wildlife without spooking them and still retain a good quality. Digital would be best. Any suggestions?
Old 10-15-2009, 08:06 PM   #2
06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Colin
06BLUEDBLSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
my mom has an olympus stylus tough 1030, its awesome, it goes underwater, you can drop the shit outta it and it keeps on going, it takes videos, its got great picture quality, we take in salt water when scuba diving and it doesnt rust
Old 10-15-2009, 08:49 PM   #3
Taco Vending Machine
Beefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Beefed Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Canon Rebel XT . My wife's has seen more dirt than most of the trucks here...guaranteed. And that's not a bash to anyone's truck. But it's pricey and not digital.
Old 10-15-2009, 08:56 PM   #5
Cunuckoma 98 - 425,000 Miles
Canuckoma is on a distinguished road
Canuckoma's Tacoma Gallery
Disposable camera at walmart or the dollar store < $5, and who cares if it gets wrecked.
Old 10-21-2009, 06:32 AM   #6
Mr. T is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
Mr. T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefed Taco View Post
Canon Rebel XT . My wife's has seen more dirt than most of the trucks here...guaranteed. And that's not a bash to anyone's truck. But it's pricey and not digital.
More than one person has mentioned this camera to me...this may be the route that I take...thanks to everyone for the advice.
Old 10-21-2009, 07:01 AM   #7
mmmm tacos!
nad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordan
nad's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. T View Post
More than one person has mentioned this camera to me...this may be the route that I take...thanks to everyone for the advice.
this is an slr and will cost a fair amount, i would go with the canon g11
Old 10-21-2009, 07:03 AM   #8
mmmm tacos!
nad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordan
nad's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06BLUEDBLSPORT View Post
my mom has an olympus stylus tough 1030, its awesome, it goes underwater, you can drop the shit outta it and it keeps on going, it takes videos, its got great picture quality, we take in salt water when scuba diving and it doesnt rust

this guy suggested a good one too

http://reviews.cnet.com/digital-came...-32818788.html
Old 10-21-2009, 09:18 AM   #9
Viet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Viet
Viet2100's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Viet2100
Olympus Stylus, best way to go.