Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Photography

Notices

which budget DSLR is better

Old 12-11-2009, 07:18 PM   #1
HOME!!!
solus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: LT, USN
Name: Mark
solus's Tacoma Gallery
which budget DSLR is better

I'm looking to pick one of these up in the next couple of days... which one is better

the D3000
or the rebel XS

thanks
Old 12-12-2009, 07:20 AM   #2
kraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shed
kraaazymike's Tacoma Gallery
Comparing the specs the Nikon's display is .5" larger but the Canon has Live View. Other than that both of these models are fairly similar.

Both brands have great reputation and a wide array of accessories and parts. Though the Nikon can use older lenses than the Canon can.

Chevy vs Ford really. I say play with both and get the one that has the easier layout for you.
Old 12-12-2009, 07:22 AM   #3
" The Master Ninja"
Death_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Talha
Death_Stalker's Tacoma Gallery
have you looked into the Nikon d90 ? thats what you need to get HD movie making capability ....
Old 12-12-2009, 07:26 AM   #4
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
Make sure you buy the camera that is the most compatible with additional lenses and accessories. I know that one of the lower end nikons required a different lens than the rest of their line.

Both are very similar and will both give you good results.

I have a Cannon Digital Rebel Xt I bought about 3.5 years ago and it takes great pictures. I still haven't used all of the extra features it has. I love the speed of an SLR for taking action shots.
Old 12-12-2009, 07:27 AM   #5
The Stroker Ace
hendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
hendooman's Tacoma Gallery
not sure what you budget is but Costco has the canon T1i for sale in a kit with two lenses for $800 and change. It is HD with a lot of goodies. Looks like a great buy. The body of the camera is $650 alone. It is also 15 megapixels....awesome camera
Old 12-12-2009, 08:19 AM   #6
Gimme some mud n ull have a good time
sil3ncer7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsil3ncer7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsil3ncer7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsil3ncer7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsil3ncer7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsil3ncer7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsil3ncer7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsil3ncer7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsil3ncer7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsil3ncer7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsil3ncer7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
sil3ncer7's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to sil3ncer7
Another thing to take into consideration is if you have friends/family that shoot either or. The main reason I went with Canon was that guy I work with have Canon so we can swap lenses in and out making life a lil more fun

But if you dont I personally like Canon and the interface, but I have always been around Canon.
Old 12-12-2009, 01:37 PM   #7
HOME!!!
solus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

solus's Tacoma Gallery
I was looking at them becuase the NEX has them on sale for $545 and $565 repectfully... but if they are similar I'll just test drive them and see which one I like best
Old 12-12-2009, 01:41 PM   #8
rvcahawaii808 is a name known to allrvcahawaii808 is a name known to allrvcahawaii808 is a name known to allrvcahawaii808 is a name known to allrvcahawaii808 is a name known to allrvcahawaii808 is a name known to all

Name: cameron
rvcahawaii808's Tacoma Gallery
the lens makes a much bigger difference than the camera does, and it usually costs more too. try looking for a lens with a nice zoom range with f2.8, its going to be more expensive but you'll never regret it, you'll get quality shots everytime in all kinds of light since the f-stop is so big. but like everyone else said it all depends on what you like.
Old 12-12-2009, 02:10 PM   #9
09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: security forces
09tacoLI's Tacoma Gallery
Ive had the d5000 for about 4 mo and its great and it all so does HD vid.
Old 12-13-2009, 11:13 AM   #10
SC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Grant
SC4333's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by solus694 View Post
I was looking at them becuase the NEX has them on sale for $545 and $565 repectfully... but if they are similar I'll just test drive them and see which one I like best

I just bought the Canon XS for my father last week. Got it from.... Wal-Mart, online, for 480 bucks shipped to my door. I hate to say I bought it from Wal-Mart, but it was the best price around.

Good luck with your search, if I was purchasing the camera for my self, it without a doubt would have been the Canon T1i
Old 12-13-2009, 11:24 AM   #11
mwerner1 is on a distinguished road

Name: Matt
mwerner1's Tacoma Gallery
I have a Canon Xti and have been looking into upgrading to a 40d or higher. I love Canon's line of accessories and there lens are amazing. It it very true as stated earlier in the thread that the quality of the picture is heavily weighted on the lens, you will be spending more for a good lens but is well worth it. Also lens hold their value very well!!
Old 12-19-2009, 09:34 PM   #12
HOME!!!

solus's Tacoma Gallery
picked up the Rebel XS... nice camera... got it at the exchange for Walmart price of $450 gotta love price match