LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Photography

Notices

My Nikkor 50mm 1.4

Old 12-25-2009, 09:27 PM   #1
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
My Nikkor 50mm 1.4

so i got this lens for Christmas and ive gotten a few requests to see the depth of field and stuff so i thought i would just make a thread about it.

i ve only taken a few to actaully show the depth of field but im snowboarding this week up in lake tahoe so ill get more and update the thread so check back!

there just of me holding the camera in the mirror i know its not much but it displays the DOF pretty well
i held the camera out far so it would focus in on it.... obviously
Old 12-25-2009, 09:32 PM   #2
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
You little shit.
Old 12-25-2009, 09:32 PM   #3
Viet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Viet
Viet2100's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Viet2100
I want.
Old 12-25-2009, 09:35 PM   #5
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery
i have the 1.8, it was $100

the 1.4 is like $1000, cool, but $$$. as a gift.. sick
Old 12-25-2009, 09:38 PM   #6
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rab89 View Post
i have the 1.8, it was $100

the 1.4 is like $1000, cool, but $$$. as a gift.. sick
it was $444.00 plus tax and shipping from B & H photo in new york..

and thanks everyone its amazing so far im still playing with the aperture and eveything but i love it so far!
Old 12-25-2009, 09:46 PM   #7
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fletch aka View Post
set it at 1.4 and have some fun.
This is my Canon at 1.8

canon FTMFW!!!

40D here!
Old 12-25-2009, 09:46 PM   #8
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
I really need to learn all the ins and outs of DSLR's and what to play with. I have my Canon Rebel XTI sitting here that I've only used a hand full of times haha.
Old 12-25-2009, 09:48 PM   #9
Panda Jerk

THXEY's Tacoma Gallery

gary that photo is awesome
my cousin has a 55mm 1.2(?) macro he let me borrow it think thats what it is... anyways that thing has craaaaaazy DOF
Old 12-28-2009, 09:38 PM   #10
mmmmmmbourbon.
xodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

xodeuce's Tacoma Gallery
Is that the new AF-S 50 1.4G? Drooooooool. How fast is the AF?
Old 12-29-2009, 09:29 AM   #11
Panda Jerk

THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
yes it is and i dont know what that is :embarrassed:
Old 12-29-2009, 09:34 AM   #12
Panda Jerk

THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
heres some more from tahoe
the only one i took was my binding
everything else my mom took of me

Old 12-29-2009, 09:42 PM   #13
kraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shed
kraaazymike's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda Jerk View Post
Now that one I like!

You think the 1.4 is fun? Try any fast lens in Macro! This one was only at f/2.8 but at like 2" away.
Old 12-29-2009, 09:54 PM   #14
Panda Jerk

THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
yeah i have a 1.2 macro its awesome!!!
Old 12-30-2009, 12:53 PM   #15
SC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Grant
SC4333's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fletch aka View Post
set it at 1.4 and have some fun.
This is my Canon at 1.8

Gary, what lense did you take that picture with, is it also a 50mm f/1.4?
I'm looking to add another lens to the collection and this seems like it would a be pretty nice.
Old 12-30-2009, 05:07 PM   #17
Panda Jerk

THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason'sLawnCare View Post
AF=Auto Focus.

Those shots look great, Super sharp.
i knew it meant auto focus... Its AF-S Nikkor 50mm 1:1.4 G if that helps
and thanks dude!
Old 12-30-2009, 05:24 PM   #18
Prepared for Bambi
Jason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Jason'sLawnCare's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i knew it meant auto focus... Its AF-S Nikkor 50mm 1:1.4 G if that helps
and thanks dude!
My bad. I misunderstood you then.

I thought you had a d300 or were you saying that's what cmack has?
Old 12-30-2009, 05:27 PM   #19
Panda Jerk

THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason'sLawnCare View Post
My bad. I misunderstood you then.

I thought you had a d300 or were you saying that's what cmack has?
ohhh no i was asking if you had a d300

i have a d60
Old 12-30-2009, 05:29 PM   #20
Prepared for Bambi
Jason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Jason'sLawnCare's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
ohhh no i was asking if you had a d300

i have a d60
Damn. Apparently I can't read anything right. Haha.

No I wish it were the d300. The camera in the pic with the lens is an ancient d50. It has it's advantages though. The biggest to me is the internal focus motor so I could use the auto focus on the older af lenses.