1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Canon Powershot SX20 IS?

Discussion in 'Photography' started by Stillfly199, Jan 18, 2010.

1. Jan 18, 2010 at 2:22 PM
    Stillfly199

Stillfly199 [OP] ( . )( . )

Member:
    First Name:
    J.D.
    Bro Capital of the word
    Vehicle:
    2010 FJ Cruiser
    Anyone know anything about this camera? Anyone have any input on it?

2. Jan 18, 2010 at 8:27 PM
    Stillfly199

Member:
    First Name:
    J.D.
    Bro Capital of the word
    Vehicle:
    2010 FJ Cruiser
  3. Jan 18, 2010 at 8:32 PM
    fletch aka

fletch aka www.BeLikeBrit.org

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Left Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Gray TRD OffRoad
    TRD cat back exhaust, TRD Cold Air Intake, differential breather mod' Hellwig rear sway bar, 16x8 TRD Ivan Stewart's, Michelin LTX A/T2, DTRL Stealth Mode Mod, custom "Texas Edition" shift knob, Sock's "Classic" bedside decals, MetalMiller custom grill emblem, 20% front tinted windows, tinted taillights, Viper alarm, ScanGauge II, Flyzeye Designs V2W Tacoma Interior LED lighting, de-mud flapped, de-badged, extra D-rings under bed bolts, WeatherTech ED floor mats, G4 Elite Fold a Cover ,Toyota bed mat, tailgate theft deterrent device and absolutely no plasti-dip!
  4. Jan 18, 2010 at 8:53 PM
    Stillfly199

Member:
    First Name:
    J.D.
    Bro Capital of the word
    Vehicle:
    2010 FJ Cruiser
    Hmmm, interesting. Thanks for the link. I know absoultely nothing about cameras.

5. Jan 18, 2010 at 10:57 PM
    mountainwolfpup

mountainwolfpup Ford Guy (Formerly known as a Toyota Guy)

Member:
    Vancouver, WA
    Vehicle:
    2015 Ford F150 Lariat FX4 3.5l Eco
    First month of ownership... This month I'm removing front air dam, and also Rhino lining the bed.
    Need more information... What are you looking for? A point and shoot? Do you want a general purpose all-around good camera or are you interested in a specific type of photography: sports/racing/action/wildlife, low light/night/indoors, portrait, landscapes, other?

The Canon Powershot SX20 IS at retail is not much less then a Canon Rebel (XS, XSi, T1i) which would allow you to utilize interchangeable lenses.. and has some much better specs as well that result in higher quality images.

Anyway, provide some more details please... there are a million cameras for a million different things. The Canon Powershot SX20 IS is a bit higher-end then most point-and-shoots but also is expensive enough to almost be disregarded in favor of a nice DSLR.

6. Jan 19, 2010 at 3:27 PM
    Stillfly199

Member:
    First Name:
    J.D.
    Bro Capital of the word
    Vehicle:
    2010 FJ Cruiser
    As far as what I am wanting to do with it, I would have to say I want a camera that I can do anything with. With the camera I have now I am sick of having to wait 5 seconds after you push the button for the picture to take and then by that point its all blurry because what your trying to take the pic of moved. Gets really annoying. I would like to be able to shoot sports or stuff in motion and get a decent shot out of it. I dont want to spend a fortune on a camera because I am not looking at photography as a serious thing, just want to be able to get a quality pic when I take one.

7. Jan 20, 2010 at 9:07 AM
    mountainwolfpup

mountainwolfpup Ford Guy (Formerly known as a Toyota Guy)

Member:
    Vancouver, WA
    Vehicle:
    2015 Ford F150 Lariat FX4 3.5l Eco
    First month of ownership... This month I'm removing front air dam, and also Rhino lining the bed.
    Thanks for the elaboration... yeah, sounds like that would be a great camera for you. It's been designed precisely for that market, a do anything pretty well kinda camera. In fact it's probably about as good a camera as you can get until stepping up to the DSLRs. The ratings for it look pretty solid, most critics give that camera an 8 or 9 out of 10 rating (that's very good - I've never seen a 10 rating BTW..) Only detractors are probably the size, certainly won't be able to slip it into the back pocket of your jeans anyway

8. Jan 20, 2010 at 9:10 AM
    Stillfly199

Member:
    First Name:
    J.D.
    Bro Capital of the word
    Vehicle:
    2010 FJ Cruiser
    Ya, I have my little beater camera that I will be able to use if I am in a situation where I need a small camera. I have been reading reviews on it, but I dont know jack about cameras so a lot of it wasnt making sense to me and when you go to the store the person you ask is gonna tell you that he owns this camera and its the best one on the market. Then ask about another camera and he'll say thats the one he is saving up for. So I dont trust salesmen very much. Thanks for the input :thumbsup:

Products Discussed in

To Top