Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Photography

Notices

Is My Camera Screwed? Help Pleaseee

Old 02-28-2010, 03:17 PM   #1
Cars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Carson
Cars0n`'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Cars0n`
Is My Camera Screwed? Help Pleaseee

So i have a kodak z1085 is. it was a christmas gift last from 08.

has given me no problems since ive had it until now.
i used it on feb 23rd 09 to take some pics and it worked perfectly (see below)

after that i put it on my computer desk and haven't touched it since the other day (feb 26th), me and 2 friends went for a little sled ride and i was gonna take some pics. "was" being the key word, this is the pictures it takes now and i have no idea what caused it, no loose sounding parts inside, fully charged battery, formatted memory card and internal memory, used reset camera function, has not been abused, never exposed to water etc. i took good care of this camera. it is really hard to explain in words what is going on so ill post up pics of what the screen looks like when in capture mode and a refrence pic i took with my moms cam.

also a note, when we were out there in the hills one of my friends was playing around with the settings because he knows a lot more about cameras than me, and he couldn't get it to work worth a $#!+ either.

close up of the cameras display looking at my laptop on my computer desk

test

view of my cam's screen with background/subjects

reference from moms cam

little vid

thanks for any input guys!
Old 02-28-2010, 03:39 PM   #2
Life is good!!
johneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Aviation Ordinance E-5
Name: Ken
johneman's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Carson, have a Canon A95 Power Shot with the same problem. Cameras about 6 years old and just started with this problem. I guess it's not just a Kodak moment. Here are some of my pictures. Deleted most of the bad ones.
Attached Thumbnails
Is My Camera Screwed? Help Pleaseee-img_4721.jpg   Is My Camera Screwed? Help Pleaseee-img_4877.jpg   Is My Camera Screwed? Help Pleaseee-img_4989.jpg  
Old 02-28-2010, 03:48 PM   #4
Cars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cars0n`'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fletch aka View Post
Yep, I think it's toast. I'm pretty sure the CMOS sensor is bad. Not sure what it will cost to fix, contact the mfg or a camera repair shop. Good luck

http://www.kodak.com/eknec/PageQueri...q-locale=en_US

ya i got the number to the repair shop they use, so i gotta wait till there open. ill try tomorrow. thanks

and to johneman:

looks kinda the same, expect yours is not as bad but still not acceptable in my eyes. at least you got a bit of use outta yours as well. from one to another, good luck with your repairs (if your going that route)
Old 03-03-2010, 08:33 PM   #7
Proud Washingtonian
godofspeed has much to be proud ofgodofspeed has much to be proud ofgodofspeed has much to be proud ofgodofspeed has much to be proud ofgodofspeed has much to be proud ofgodofspeed has much to be proud ofgodofspeed has much to be proud ofgodofspeed has much to be proud of

Navy: paper pusher
Name: Steve
godofspeed's Tacoma Gallery
congrats. I just had a canon point and shoot just stop working. It was 2 year old.
Old 03-03-2010, 08:56 PM   #8
www.BeLikeBrit.org
fletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gary
fletch aka's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cars0n` View Post
what does that sensor even do?

could you explain please?
Kind of complicated, basically it converts the light information to a digital image. It's the brains of the camera.

Sweet that Kodak is stepping up, let him know you belong to a forum that discusses photography and you are going to spread the good service they are providing. Interested to see if my internet diagnoses is correct.
Old 03-03-2010, 09:01 PM   #9
Do I look like a guy with a plan?
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Kind of complicated, basically it converts the light information to a digital image. It's the brains of the camera.

Sweet that Kodak is stepping up, let him know you belong to a forum that discusses photography and you are going to spread the good service they are providing. Interested to see if my internet diagnoses is correct.
Wouldn't surprise me if you are right!
Old 03-04-2010, 09:58 AM   #10
Viet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Viet
Viet2100's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Viet2100
It's not worth fixing, being a low cost camera. Just get a new canon.
Old 03-04-2010, 10:27 AM   #12

Cars0n`'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

ill see if they provide me with what the problem is when i get it back. thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viet2100 View Post
It's not worth fixing, being a low cost camera. Just get a new canon.
if it wasn't being covered i would do what you suggested but since there being good about it ill give it another chance.
Old 03-04-2010, 10:32 AM   #14
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cars0n` View Post
what does that sensor even do?

could you explain please?
http://www.howstuffworks.com/question362.htm