LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Photography

Notices

What would I do to make these look good?

Old 03-15-2010, 08:32 PM   #1
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
What would I do to make these look good?

Old 03-15-2010, 08:33 PM   #2
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery
get out of the city first of all.
Old 03-15-2010, 08:34 PM   #3
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rab89's Tacoma Gallery
your background sucks, use something to frame the truck, even if it's buildings or tree's.
learn about the rule of thirds
then bump up the contrast and saturation A LITTLE BIT
Old 03-15-2010, 08:35 PM   #4

rab89's Tacoma Gallery
ahh! and what kinda camera are you using? if your just using a point n shoot, then use photoshop to blur the background a bit, if you have a dslr, buy a 50mm f/1.8 for $100
Old 03-15-2010, 08:37 PM   #5
Hi
dysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Manny
dysfunctnlretard's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rab89 View Post
your background sucks, use something to frame the truck, even if it's buildings or tree's.
x2. Your truck blends right in with the surroundings. Use a background in which your truck "doesnt belong".
Old 03-15-2010, 08:38 PM   #6
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
get out of the city first of all.
They were quickies. I didnt feel like driving down the road to take 3 pictures.
Quote:
I framed it with houses!! But I like the 3rd picture.
Quote:
ahh! and what kinda camera are you using? if your just using a point n shoot, then use photoshop to blur the background a bit, if you have a dslr, buy a 50mm f/1.8 for $100
I'm using a Nikon L100. Basically an upscale point-and-shoot. I plan to get my buddies D40. it has a case, tripod, and 2 lenses that come with it. all for $350.
Old 03-15-2010, 08:39 PM   #7
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dysfunctnlretard View Post
x2. Your truck blends right in with the surroundings. Use a background in which your truck "doesnt belong".
OHHHHH so at like a Chevy dealership???
Old 03-15-2010, 08:40 PM   #8
Hi
dysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
You can blur the background with a stock lens. Use selective focus and only focus on your truck. Make sure your aperture is wide open too. The more open the more out of focus the background will be, thus his^ suggestion works better but stock lens is still workable
Old 03-15-2010, 08:41 PM   #9

rab89's Tacoma Gallery
cool man you'll love it, although I prefer canon.
buy a 50mm f/1.8 if you can afford it, best $100 I ever spent!
3rd pic looks cool to someone who doesn't understand photography, only 1/3rd of your photo is interesting, find a way to fill the frame with something of importance, but make sure it doesn't look cooler than your subject.
I hope I don't sound like an asshole, just stating the facts.
Old 03-15-2010, 08:47 PM   #10
Hi
Quote:
3rd pic looks cool to someone who doesn't understand photography, only 1/3rd of your photo is interesting, find a way to fill the frame with something of importance, but make sure it doesn't look cooler than your subject.
I have a Canon too and currently use my 18-135 IS for everything, its a great walkaround lens. Indoors, however, it sucks as its wide open point is 3.5, do you use your 50mm/1.8 indoors alot? How does it do? Im thinking the zoom may be a little too much in a tight room or something.
Old 03-15-2010, 08:48 PM   #11
"thats what she said"
01taquito has a brilliant future01taquito has a brilliant future01taquito has a brilliant future01taquito has a brilliant future01taquito has a brilliant future01taquito has a brilliant future01taquito has a brilliant future01taquito has a brilliant future01taquito has a brilliant future01taquito has a brilliant future01taquito has a brilliant future

Name: joe
01taquito's Tacoma Gallery
get a topless girl to lay on it before you take the picture...duh
Old 03-15-2010, 08:51 PM   #12
Hi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentsnh View Post
OHHHHH so at like a Chevy dealership???

Your gonna LOVE your SLR man, the increased control is amazing. I had an SLR and it broke in December and I couldnt afford a new one so I bought a Point & Shoot in January but it sucked having to go back to a P&S, so I just bought myself an XSI last week. Make sure you read on aperture, light, shutter speed, and ISO so you get a full understanding of your camera and the way it works, that way you can creatively put the features together to produce legit images.
Old 03-15-2010, 08:51 PM   #13

rab89's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I have a Canon too and currently use my 18-135 IS for everything, its a great walkaround lens. Indoors, however, it sucks as its wide open point is 3.5, do you use your 50mm/1.8 indoors alot? How does it do? Im thinking the zoom may be a little too much in a tight room or something.
the aperature is awesome inside, but the 50mm makes it hard, I mostly use it indoors for product style shots, or outdoors from far away. but it's so much fun with such a tight focal range.
Old 03-15-2010, 08:53 PM   #14
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You can blur the background with a stock lens. Use selective focus and only focus on your truck. Make sure your aperture is wide open too. The more open the more out of focus the background will be, thus his^ suggestion works better but stock lens is still workable
I will try that out. Will it work on my camera though?

Quote:
not a jerk at all. I'm open to all options/ opinions. I'm trying to get into photography as a hobby. I will need ALOT of help. I guess I will just have to mess with my camera more. I know it can do more that I dont know.

Quote:
You lost me....
Old 03-15-2010, 08:54 PM   #15
Hi
Quote:
the aperature is awesome inside, but the 50mm makes it hard, I mostly use it indoors for product style shots, or outdoors from far away. but it's so much fun with such a tight focal range.
Yea thats what I figured. Ill probably pass on it then. My indoor shots are usually of family functions at night so trying to move around to frame the shot correctly may be tough. I bet that speedy lens is awesome in offroad shots though, your probably get some really crisp, clear pics.
Old 03-15-2010, 08:54 PM   #16

rab89's Tacoma Gallery
awesome. your best bet is to just shoot shoot shoot. I learned a lot by walking around taking pics of nothing, 4 years later I make a living doing real estate photography!
Old 03-15-2010, 08:55 PM   #17
Hi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentsnh View Post
I will try that out. Will it work on my camera though?

You lost me....
LOL, thats why you should read up a little bit. LOL.

I though you were using an SLR, so the trick probably wont work with a P&S
Old 03-15-2010, 08:56 PM   #18

rab89's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yea thats what I figured. Ill probably pass on it then. My indoor shots are usually of family functions at night so trying to move around to frame the shot correctly may be tough. I bet that speedy lens is awesome in offroad shots though, your probably get some really crisp, clear pics.
yea it's no good for family portraits, but for single person portraits, like a school photo, it's awesome! it's pretty good for moving subjects, but you can tell it's only a $100 lens, it doesn't autofocus too well.
Old 03-15-2010, 09:00 PM   #19
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01taquito View Post
get a topless girl to lay on it before you take the picture...duh
dont have one of those girls right now. I bet I could get one of her in a bikini in the summer though

Quote:

Your gonna LOVE your SLR man, the increased control is amazing. I had an SLR and it broke in December and I couldnt afford a new one so I bought a Point & Shoot in January but it sucked having to go back to a P&S, so I just bought myself an XSI last week. Make sure you read on aperture, light, shutter speed, and ISO so you get a full understanding of your camera and the way it works, that way you can creatively put the features together to produce legit images.
I really like my friends ALOT. He's only used it 2 extreme times. So its brand new. It was the last year they made the D40. I was going to get an SLR but I got a new Headunit instead (which I love). Who knows I might get one for my b-day coming up.

And I will do just that. Thanks for the tips on where to look. I know about the ISO, but not the aperture and shutter speed.

Quote:

Jake's new lense is awesome!
Old 03-15-2010, 09:26 PM   #20
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
try to take pics in front of bryant denny http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6S4ic2mdL0