LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Photography

Notices

Just ordered a DSLR

Old 03-24-2010, 03:48 PM   #1
Swollen Member
Squid is a splendid one to beholdSquid is a splendid one to beholdSquid is a splendid one to beholdSquid is a splendid one to beholdSquid is a splendid one to beholdSquid is a splendid one to behold
Name: Dave
Squid's Tacoma Gallery
Just ordered a DSLR

I've been using a Nikon N80 for a while and it's a great film camera but it's time to come into the digital age. So, I just ordered a Nikon D5000! I can't wait! No more paying for film and wating to get pics developed.
Old 03-24-2010, 04:13 PM   #2
LostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shed
LostRebel's Tacoma Gallery
Nice!

Are you open to a suggestion? Shoot it as if it was a film camera for a while. One well composed and exposed frame is better than hundreds of garbage frames. I went nuts when I switched from film to digital: I shot fast because I could, and it didn't cost me anything. Unfortunately, the quality of my work suffered until I adjusted.

You will also continue to spend lots of money sending hundreds of digital images to the lab, but at least you have prints within the hour if the lab is local.

Good shooting!
Old 03-24-2010, 04:18 PM   #3
Swollen Member
Squid is a splendid one to beholdSquid is a splendid one to beholdSquid is a splendid one to beholdSquid is a splendid one to beholdSquid is a splendid one to beholdSquid is a splendid one to behold
Squid's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks LR! That's a good suggestion. I will try to slow down and not go too crazy.
Old 06-01-2010, 06:21 AM   #4
RYNO is on a distinguished road

RYNO's Tacoma Gallery
congrats on your purchase. I have the d3000. Nikon makes a great camera.
Old 06-01-2010, 12:01 PM   #5
Viet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Viet
Viet2100's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Viet2100
Congrats! Wanna trade?
Old 06-01-2010, 12:06 PM   #6
Swollen Member
Squid's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys! I'm loving the D5000. Been taking some great photos with it. The only thing I miss about the N80 is the mechanical 'click'. I just sounds so wimpy on a DSLR. LOL
Old 06-01-2010, 01:11 PM   #7
Viet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

think about it... less vibrations!
Old 06-01-2010, 01:19 PM   #8
Swollen Member
Squid's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viet2100 View Post
think about it... less vibrations!
Yeah. I 'm sure. Also, it's a lot quieter for wildlife photography, or the kid's school play, etc. I just think the old camera sounds more like a camera. Maybe it's just because I'm old. lol
Old 06-01-2010, 01:36 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squid View Post
Yeah. I 'm sure. Also, it's a lot quieter for wildlife photography, or the kid's school play, etc. I just think the old camera sounds more like a camera. Maybe it's just because I'm old. lol
Yup, you're old. Accept change.
Old 06-02-2010, 09:24 AM   #10
RYNO is on a distinguished road

RYNO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by viet2100 View Post
yup, you're old. Accept change.
lmao!! :d
Old 06-02-2010, 09:27 AM   #11
Swollen Member
Squid's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viet2100 View Post
Yup, you're old. Accept change.
LOL I'm trying, man. I'm trying.
Old 06-03-2010, 12:24 AM   #12
The Photo Ninja!
SiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marlon
SiRMarlon's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to SiRMarlon
I love old film Cameras and I am know getting into them! Hahah I'm going from Digital to Film! I don't mean completely ...I just love the way film shots come out, they just have this distinct look...

But I'm glad to hear you made the jump!
Old 06-03-2010, 12:49 AM   #13
Hi
dysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Manny
dysfunctnlretard's Tacoma Gallery
Do old film cameras have metering systems that allow you too see exposure levels?
Old 06-03-2010, 06:51 AM   #14
kraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shed
kraaazymike's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dysfunctnlretard View Post
Do old film cameras have metering systems that allow you too see exposure levels?
Are you talking about the metering system or histograms? Metering systems yes. Histograms no.