Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Photography

Notices

tilt shift photography

Old 04-15-2010, 12:32 AM   #1
eschonle is a jewel in the rougheschonle is a jewel in the rougheschonle is a jewel in the rough

Name: eric
eschonle's Tacoma Gallery
tilt shift photography

my first attempt at the "miniaturization" effect

The whole effect was to make it look like a toy, but i think the angle is wrong

Old 04-15-2010, 12:35 AM   #2
Hi
dysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Manny
dysfunctnlretard's Tacoma Gallery
What stop were you shooting at? DOF looks shallow
Old 04-15-2010, 12:37 AM   #3
eschonle is a jewel in the rougheschonle is a jewel in the rougheschonle is a jewel in the rough

what stop?
sorry it's late here, and i had a long day
Old 04-15-2010, 12:37 AM   #4

attempt no.2

Old 04-15-2010, 12:39 AM   #5
Hi
dysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Manny
dysfunctnlretard's Tacoma Gallery
Stop= Aperture. The lower the number the more wide open the lens is, which means a smaller portion of the picture is in focus rather than a larger portion of the picture which is accomplished with a more closed lens.

Looks like you need to be on higher grounds. And move away from the truck.
Old 04-15-2010, 06:30 AM   #6
Viet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Viet
Viet2100's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Viet2100
Usually you would do this in editing... I'll take a stab at it later.
Old 04-15-2010, 07:18 AM   #7
sockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
sockmonkey's Tacoma Gallery
i love doing these

does not look as good doing it with photoshop 7 because you need the "lens blur" filter.

you have to mess with brightness and saturation, too to get it right.

these would look much better done from photoshop CS3 or later
Old 04-15-2010, 07:19 AM   #8
sockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

you also need to be kind of far from subject and at a high angle to be more realistic
Old 04-15-2010, 07:40 AM   #10
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
nice, sock. that first pic looks kinda like claymation
Old 04-15-2010, 10:13 AM   #11

yeah sockmonkey, those are looking good. what do you do to the brightness and saturation to get it to look like that? I'm going to try to find good spot where I can be up higher and try to get a good one of my truck. It's fun to mess around with this technique
Old 04-15-2010, 10:26 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschonle View Post
yeah sockmonkey, those are looking good. what do you do to the brightness and saturation to get it to look like that? I'm going to try to find good spot where I can be up higher and try to get a good one of my truck. It's fun to mess around with this technique
just increase the saturation until it starts to look almost hand painted.

then increase the brightness to look more like a lamp is lighting the scene.

the higher up, and further away, the better
Old 04-16-2010, 07:29 AM   #13
Born in the Backwoods
kris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kris77's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1kVwFYZwHE

Awesome tutorial on how to do this.

This guy's channel is pretty good to...Shows you how to do some pretty cool stuff but VERY simple.
Old 04-26-2010, 02:51 PM   #14

here's my latest attempt. i think this turned out better than expected. it tripped my girlfriend out when she saw the picture

Old 04-26-2010, 02:54 PM   #15
mmmm tacos!
nad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordan
nad's Tacoma Gallery
can you do this to any picture? Like if i gave you a shot of my truck can you make it into a dinkie car?
Old 04-26-2010, 03:01 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by nad View Post
can you do this to any picture? Like if i gave you a shot of my truck can you make it into a dinkie car?

sure man! you'd have to email me a .jpeg format of it so i could open it in photo shop. Ideally the shot would have to be from an upwards angle and from far away.
Old 04-26-2010, 03:03 PM   #17
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
awesome thread...i've always loved these pictures, but never been informed on how to take them

Old 04-26-2010, 03:19 PM   #18
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet, Ive never seen this before. Im going to google it and try it out on PS later.
Old 04-27-2010, 03:12 PM   #19
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

My first attempt.
Attached Thumbnails
tilt shift photography-tiltshift1.jpg  
Old 04-27-2010, 03:31 PM   #20
braaap

Attempt #2
Attached Thumbnails
tilt shift photography-tiltshift2.jpg