Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Photography

Notices

My autofocus isn't working!

Old 05-20-2010, 02:51 PM   #1
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
My autofocus isn't working!

My autofocus on my nikon d60 doesn't work.
Ive tried it on two of my AF lenses and nothing.

What's wrong?

Oh and bttery is fully charged
Old 05-20-2010, 02:55 PM   #2
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Ok so I put on another lens and it worked great.... But on my 50mm f1.4 doesn't auto focus.....but it screeches when it does try to focus
Old 05-20-2010, 02:56 PM   #3
LostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shed
LostRebel's Tacoma Gallery
Not sure about the D60 but many Nikons have a 3 position lever on the body (to the right of the lens as you're facing the camera from the front) The lever may be on Manual or in-between settings.
Old 05-20-2010, 02:57 PM   #4
Panda Jerk

THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostRebel View Post
Not sure about the D60 but many Nikons have a 3 position lever on the body (to the right of the lens as you're facing the camera from the front) The lever may be on Manual or in-between settings.
Nope doesn't have that
Old 05-20-2010, 02:59 PM   #5
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Make sure on the side of the lens, the switch is on the "A" and not the "M"
Old 05-20-2010, 03:00 PM   #6
Prez of @battleborntacomas and ASSHOLE!
MOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Daniel
MOT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda Jerk View Post
My autofocus on my nikon d60 doesn't work.
Ive tried it on two of my AF lenses and nothing.

What's wrong?

Oh and bttery is fully charged

O I think the problem is it's not a cannon!
Old 05-20-2010, 03:02 PM   #7
Panda Jerk

THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmack View Post
I never thought of that thanks connor
Old 05-20-2010, 03:03 PM   #8
Panda Jerk

THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmack View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murdered_Out_Taco View Post
O I think the problem is it's not a cannon!
I'm gonna be honest Daniel.....I hate canon. I hate the feel I hate the photos I hate the menus the only canon I would ever shoot is a 7D
Old 05-20-2010, 03:04 PM   #10
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I never thought of that thanks connor
Sarcasm or for realsies?
Old 05-20-2010, 03:12 PM   #11
Local Man
bigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bigburrito's Tacoma Gallery
sometimes my D60 will "hunt" for a focus point in autofocus when there isnt a clear object to focus on, or when the focus range close to infinity. you just have to aim it at something close, let it focus, and try again on your original subject. at least thats what works for me.
Old 05-20-2010, 03:22 PM   #12
Prez of @battleborntacomas and ASSHOLE!
MOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Daniel
MOT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm gonna be honest Daniel.....I hate canon. I hate the feel I hate the photos I hate the menus the only canon I would ever shoot is a 7D

All good some people just like other things! Nikon is cool to jk!
Old 05-20-2010, 08:33 PM   #13
Viet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Viet
Viet2100's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Viet2100
If it's making a screeching noise... the only thing I can think of is that there is sand, dust, dirt in your lens. Happened to me.