Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Photography

Notices

Design Help

Old 05-28-2010, 12:08 PM   #1
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
amaes's Tacoma Gallery
Design Help

I was wondering if any of you Photoshop guys or anyone with a graphic design background can make this t-shirt into a normal file. Basically I have this shirt and want to turn it into a painting to hang in the house. I was hoping someone could recreate the image so I can have it printed on canvas. Let me know if you have any questions.

Here is the link to the shirt if you need more detail on the picture.
http://www.designbyhumans.com/shop/d...&view_all=true
Old 05-28-2010, 12:11 PM   #2
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

amaes's Tacoma Gallery
Here is a bigger image
Old 05-28-2010, 01:34 PM   #3
The Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Nick
The Yellow Dart's Tacoma Gallery
The only way that you can get that to a resolution high enough to scale to poster/painting size is by taking it into Illustrator and converting to Live Paint.

You'll lose some of the detail, because it has to convert the image to vector art and it's not an exact match. (I suspect a lot of the stars would disappear) I would expect the final file size to be a couple hundred MB if you want it to be 32x24.

There's also the small issue of the copyright on the artwork by the original artist.
Old 05-28-2010, 01:36 PM   #4
mmmm tacos!
nad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordan
nad's Tacoma Gallery
you could recreate it from scratch with photoshop
Old 05-28-2010, 02:25 PM   #5
Cuz Stock Sucks

amaes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yellow Dart View Post
The only way that you can get that to a resolution high enough to scale to poster/painting size is by taking it into Illustrator and converting to Live Paint.

You'll lose some of the detail, because it has to convert the image to vector art and it's not an exact match. (I suspect a lot of the stars would disappear) I would expect the final file size to be a couple hundred MB if you want it to be 32x24.

There's also the small issue of the copyright on the artwork by the original artist.
Yeah thats Why I was hoping someone could recreate it for me in a high res image. Maybe someone with the background of Digital design.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nad View Post
you could recreate it from scratch with photoshop
I would but I don't have Photoshop anymore and I don't know how you use that program enough to make it
Old 05-28-2010, 02:27 PM   #6
Cuz Stock Sucks

amaes's Tacoma Gallery
If someone can recreate it for me I'm willing to throw a few bucks your way for your time
Old 05-28-2010, 02:31 PM   #7
fysaechao is on a distinguished road
fysaechao's Tacoma Gallery
you want it the same color and everything except on a flat canvas?
Old 05-28-2010, 02:32 PM   #8
Cuz Stock Sucks

amaes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fysaechao View Post
you want it the same color and everything except on a flat canvas?
Yup.
Old 06-04-2010, 11:25 AM   #9
Cuz Stock Sucks

amaes's Tacoma Gallery
Bump