Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Photography

Notices

Life of a DSLR.

Old 05-29-2010, 11:11 PM   #1
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Life of a DSLR.

so lately my Nikon D60 has been taking very.....weird photos...
today i had my shutter speed at 1/4000 and my f-stop at 1.4 and still i had camera shake from it....like slightly blurry.....like....im a little angry...ive been looking at all my AF settings....my shutter settings, my everything settings.... and still...... blurry ish photos

so ive been looking and ive heard my camera takes about 30,000-50,000 potos before the shutter goes out.......

ive put at least 35,000 through it...i dont have the $900-$1000 to spend on a camera now.....

any thoughts on this?
Old 05-29-2010, 11:16 PM   #2
CopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Maximum Security Correctional Officer
Name: Matt
CopDoctor's Tacoma Gallery
when was the last time you cleaned your sensor? or inside/outside lenses? when my canon was screwing up turned out to be dust on the sensor which was messing up my AF
Old 05-29-2010, 11:17 PM   #3
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
my sensor is dusty....its been about 9 months since i got it professionally cleaned
Old 05-29-2010, 11:23 PM   #4
CopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Maximum Security Correctional Officer
Name: Matt
CopDoctor's Tacoma Gallery
that might be it but not for sure. what if you manually focus on something, is it still goofy?
Old 05-29-2010, 11:34 PM   #5
Panda Jerk

THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopDoctor View Post
that might be it but not for sure. what if you manually focus on something, is it still goofy?
yeah :/

i have to go and sharpen all the photos manually in photoshop so they dont look as blurry....here lemme upload something
Old 05-29-2010, 11:42 PM   #6
Panda Jerk

THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
maybe im trippin

look at the left headlight on this one..or the left side of the photo... like the plants and stuff and trees

i zoomed in on this one in iPhoto and the glare on the grill was shifted to the left a little... not completely straight and the trees and stuff
Old 05-29-2010, 11:53 PM   #7
NitroCircus177 will become famous soon enough
NitroCircus177's Tacoma Gallery
yeah they do a little the trees and your fog lights look blurry
here are some i took but yeah i didnt shoot at the same aperture but it shouldnt effect it that much in the fogs and stuff
few more on here http://talkingbear177.deviantart.com/gallery/

Old 05-29-2010, 11:55 PM   #8
definitely go clean the sensor and see if that will change anything
Old 05-30-2010, 12:01 AM   #9
Panda Jerk

THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroCircus177 View Post
yeah they do a little the trees and your fog lights look blurry
here are some i took but yeah i didnt shoot at the same aperture but it shouldnt effect it that much in the fogs and stuff
few more on here http://talkingbear177.deviantart.com/gallery/

they should be like that!!!!

youre a great photographer BTW.... this is what i wanna do with my life... haha hopefully i can work this out....if not its time to step up to a D90....
ill get it cleand and see if that helps... i mean i shot his truck as a "professional" shoot and the final photos look great! but idk

heres some more from today

Old 05-30-2010, 12:26 AM   #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda Jerk View Post
they should be like that!!!!

youre a great photographer BTW.... this is what i wanna do with my life... haha hopefully i can work this out....if not its time to step up to a D90....
ill get it cleand and see if that helps... i mean i shot his truck as a "professional" shoot and the final photos look great! but idk

heres some more from today

Thank you! haha i have the same thoughts as you. I really would like to do this but for me its probably going to just on the side. But good luck!!

all of those shots i took were from a D5000 so by no means do you have to go all the way up to the D90..

the ones you took all look good for the most part. in the first picture watch the reflections. you can see the red car and it looks like it might be mixed into the sun glare on the grille. the last one the background does look a little odd.. were you using a tripod or just in your hand?
Old 05-30-2010, 12:29 AM   #11
Lest We Forget
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQlzITtxAMA
Old 05-30-2010, 12:31 AM   #12
actually looking back in this one the trees do look a little odd. mostly because i was still learning how to use this camera and i wasnt using a tripod.

Old 05-30-2010, 12:34 AM   #13
Panda Jerk

THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroCircus177 View Post
Thank you! haha i have the same thoughts as you. I really would like to do this but for me its probably going to just on the side. But good luck!!

all of those shots i took were from a D5000 so by no means do you have to go all the way up to the D90..

the ones you took all look good for the most part. in the first picture watch the reflections. you can see the red car and it looks like it might be mixed into the sun glare on the grille. the last one the background does look a little odd.. were you using a tripod or just in your hand?
all of those shots i took were from a D5000 so by no means do you have to go all the way up to the D90.. yeah but im shooting a D60 right now... if i get a new body i wanna upgrade.... plus woking at best buy i get the D90 body for cheaper than the D5000.

he ones you took all look good for the most part. in the first picture watch the reflections. you can see the red car and it looks like it might be mixed into the sun glare on the grille. the last one the background does look a little odd.. were you using a tripod or just in your hand? a mixture of both my hand and a tripod. and thanks! im still working on it.... but my camera definitely doesnt shoot like it used to... and im using a 50mm f1.4....i should be getting super clear pics
Old 05-30-2010, 12:34 AM   #14
Lest We Forget
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
I dig your pics NitroCircus177. I shoot with a Nikon D3000.
Old 05-30-2010, 12:52 AM   #15
Viet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Viet
Viet2100's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Viet2100
I'm still working with a D40

Old 05-30-2010, 12:57 AM   #16
Hi
dysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Manny
dysfunctnlretard's Tacoma Gallery
Jake, if your shooting anywhere below 2.5 your going to get really soft shots, thats the result of shooting with a wide open aperture. To really test your autofocus shoot around 8-9 and see how sharp you can get the picture. I dont see anything at all wrong with the pics you shot considering you have a wide open aperture. As long as there is at least 1 sharp point in the picture, your camera is doing fine. I see a sharp focal point in almost all pictures too.

Im sure cleaning your sensor wouldnt hurt but I went 4 years on my Rebel with zero sensor cleanings and it did fine.
Old 05-30-2010, 12:59 AM   #17
Dont be stupid, its not smart.
SurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dylan
SurfInferno's Tacoma Gallery
Should've gone with a canon Ive had my canon 5D for 5 years and never had a problem.
Old 05-30-2010, 12:59 AM   #18
Hi
dysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viet2100 View Post
I'm still working with a D40

nice shots. the right glass, settings, and post processing can accomplish alot on its own. Im on a photography forum as well and I am often shocked to see many of these kick ass pictures taken with entry level SLRs
Old 05-30-2010, 02:37 AM   #19
Viet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Viet
Viet2100's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Viet2100
Quote:
Originally Posted by dysfunctnlretard View Post
nice shots. the right glass, settings, and post processing can accomplish alot on its own. Im on a photography forum as well and I am often shocked to see many of these kick ass pictures taken with entry level SLRs
That's with the kit lens, bro! I want a prime lens
Old 05-30-2010, 10:40 AM   #20
Hi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viet2100 View Post
That's with the kit lens, bro! I want a prime lens
And once again I am amazed...lol. Those look great. I really need to learn to use photoshop, just seems so complicated so right now I'm using basic post processing softwre to correct color casts, sharpness, etc. Prime lenses kick ass too, that's all I plan to shoot with too. I got a 30m/1.4 and a 85m/1.8 for the time being amd hope to pick up a wide angle sometime this yr. How much editing did you use on those??