Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Photography

Notices

Question between Canon T1i and T2i

Old 06-09-2010, 06:55 PM   #1
tex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
tex's Tacoma Gallery
Question between Canon T1i and T2i

I am looking to upgrade my Canon XT to one of these 2 cameras. The T2i is about $200 more and wanted to see if anyone had any advice if it is worth the extra $.
Thanks for any feedback.
Old 06-09-2010, 07:31 PM   #2
Addicted to V8s
Toph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Toph's Tacoma Gallery
definitely better

http://web500.us/canon-rebel-t2i-eos...d-comparisons/
Old 06-09-2010, 07:50 PM   #3
tex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
tex's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for that link. I didn't realize the video mode was that much better on the t2i. It looks like I will probable spend the extra money.
Old 06-09-2010, 07:51 PM   #4
ocabj has a brilliant futureocabj has a brilliant futureocabj has a brilliant futureocabj has a brilliant futureocabj has a brilliant futureocabj has a brilliant futureocabj has a brilliant futureocabj has a brilliant futureocabj has a brilliant futureocabj has a brilliant futureocabj has a brilliant future
ocabj's Tacoma Gallery
Unless you absolutely plan on shooting video with the T2i, get the T1i. The only serious improvement of the T2i over the T1i in terms of still photo performance is the 63 zone metering (vs 35 zones for the T1i). This will most likely give more accurate first shot evaluative metered exposures, I personally don't think it's worth the extra money. It's not like you won't chimp the shot / histogram check anyway and reshoot if you think the first exposure isn't right with any camera.

Take the difference saved and put it towards a lens.
Old 06-09-2010, 08:38 PM   #5
Addicted to V8s
Toph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Toph's Tacoma Gallery
and more megapixels
Old 06-09-2010, 08:46 PM   #6
ocabj has a brilliant futureocabj has a brilliant futureocabj has a brilliant futureocabj has a brilliant futureocabj has a brilliant futureocabj has a brilliant futureocabj has a brilliant futureocabj has a brilliant futureocabj has a brilliant futureocabj has a brilliant futureocabj has a brilliant future
ocabj's Tacoma Gallery
Those extra 3 MP are hardly a significant improvement. It can actually be argued that they *hurt* the T2i due to sensor density.
Old 06-09-2010, 10:04 PM   #7
He who angers you conquers you
Unknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocabj View Post
Those extra 3 MP are hardly a significant improvement. It can actually be argued that they *hurt* the T2i due to sensor density.

I don't think megapixels improve quality.
Old 06-11-2010, 12:18 AM   #8
kraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shed
kraaazymike's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocabj View Post
Unless you absolutely plan on shooting video with the T2i, get the T1i. The only serious improvement of the T2i over the T1i in terms of still photo performance is the 63 zone metering (vs 35 zones for the T1i). This will most likely give more accurate first shot evaluative metered exposures, I personally don't think it's worth the extra money. It's not like you won't chimp the shot / histogram check anyway and reshoot if you think the first exposure isn't right with any camera.

Take the difference saved and put it towards a lens.
What he said.