Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Photography

Notices

I ordered a new camera today!!

Old 06-15-2010, 07:09 PM   #1
tex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
tex's Tacoma Gallery
Smile I ordered a new camera today!!

I have been going back and forth between the Canon T1i and T2i for a few weeks now. I decided to go with the T2i since I was able to get a good deal on the camera with an 18-135mm lens.
It should be here this week so be on the lookout for pics when I get it.
Old 06-15-2010, 07:12 PM   #2
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
What kind of deal did you get?
Old 06-15-2010, 07:17 PM   #3
tex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tex's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post
What kind of deal did you get?
$1049 and it comes with an extra battery, lens hood and HDMI cable.

To me the lens makes it a good deal since it sells for $470 alone. Also the battery is another $70 and I can always use backup power. I am getting it at a local camera shop called Arlington Camera. They have a pretty good website and their customer service is top notch. You can learn so much just hanging out in the store talking with the staff.
Old 06-15-2010, 07:20 PM   #4
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tex View Post
$1049 and it comes with an extra battery, lens hood and HDMI cable.

To me the lens makes it a good deal since it sells for $470 alone. Also the battery is another $70 and I can always use backup power. I am getting it at a local camera shop called Arlington Camera. They have a pretty good website and their customer service is top notch. You can learn so much just hanging out in the store talking with the staff.
Awesome, but that's a bit of a drive for me.
Old 06-15-2010, 07:22 PM   #5
rme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Helicopter pilot still serving
rme's Tacoma Gallery
Hope you enjoy the photography your going to take...I'd take that money and spend it on toys for my yota but that's me....enjoy your camera and definately do post pics when you get it and figure out how it works...
Old 06-15-2010, 07:29 PM   #6

tex's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post
Awesome, but that's a bit of a drive for me.
You can order from their website or I am sure you could call them and get it done. I did not see the package I am getting online but they showed it to me when I went into the store.

It is a lot of money for a camera but it is my newest hobby and at times I seem to enjoy it more than hunting or fishing. Did I just type that??!! I am a diehard fishing and hunting freak so that is huge for me to say that.

I would use the money for mods but I dont have any mods plannd for the truck since I am looking at trading it in for a 4x4 DC in the near future.
Old 06-15-2010, 08:05 PM   #8
Snipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Snipe's Tacoma Gallery
Photography is fun but the only problem as in all hobbies it gets expensive really really fast.
Just spent $1600 on a lens yesterday
Old 06-15-2010, 08:50 PM   #9
Viet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Viet
Viet2100's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Viet2100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snipe View Post
Photography is fun but the only problem as in all hobbies it gets expensive really really fast.
Holy shit what did you get?
Old 06-15-2010, 08:59 PM   #10
You're my boy blue
Blue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Dylan
Blue's Tacoma Gallery
my camera is my 40 dollar cell phone
Old 06-15-2010, 09:46 PM   #11
kraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shed
kraaazymike's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snipe View Post
I'm waiting to pull the trigger on a 35L and 135L. Together they'd be over $3k and they're not even zoom. Expensive really really fast is an understatement.

Anyway, Tex, congrats on the purchase enjoy it!
Old 06-16-2010, 06:20 AM   #12

tex's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kraaazymike View Post
I'm waiting to pull the trigger on a 35L and 135L. Together they'd be over $3k and they're not even zoom. Expensive really really fast is an understatement.

Anyway, Tex, congrats on the purchase enjoy it!
Canon's L series is awesome. I have a friend that uses nothing but L lenses. Check out his website. www.thatcherphotography.com
Old 06-16-2010, 08:51 PM   #13
kraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shed
kraaazymike's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tex View Post
Canon's L series is awesome. I have a friend that uses nothing but L lenses. Check out his website. www.thatcherphotography.com
Your friend has talent. Probably enough to pay for this addiction.

I don't know your level of skill in this area but, check out this forum for Canon users. You'll learn a ton here. Ton's of write ups and guides.
http://photography-on-the.net/forum/index.php