1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

the cancer got the best of her

Discussion in 'Personal & Emotional Support' started by mntbiker2008, Sep 13, 2010.

1. Sep 16, 2010 at 5:02 PM
    ImpulseRed008

ImpulseRed008 Gone But Not Forgotten

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 V6 w/tow pkg
    OEM SS tube steps, Access LE tonneau cover, pop n'lock, AVS in-channel vent visors, stubby antenna, Wet Okole seat covers, bed mat, rear diff breather mod, 4 extra d rings in bed, K&N air filter.
    So sorry to hear what all you are going through.

But it is good, that it's bringing your family closer together.

2. Sep 16, 2010 at 5:06 PM
    moto932

moto932 What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz? CHICKEN?

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Dayton, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    04 TRD Off Road
    Basically stock. OME 882s, HD Dakars and nitrochrgers, TG front bumper, custom rear bumper, 4Xinnovations sliders, RAT skids, Softopper, 255/85/16 ST MAXX's on 16" steelies, 1" B.O.R.A. wheel spacers Scangaugae II, deck plate mod, grey wire mod,ECGS bushing, diff breather relocation, alarm mod, defrost w/o compressor mod, de-badged, sockmonkey beside decals.
    sorry to hear about all the terrible new aaron. my dad and i didn't really see eye to eye for most of my life. then on march 10, 2007 my grandma who i was very close to and was the heart of our family passed away after battling a string of strokes. it made me realize how important family is, plain and simple. i still don't agree with my dad on everything and i never will, but we are family and always will be family and life's just too damn short. keep your head up bud.

3. Sep 17, 2010 at 10:55 AM
    mntbiker2008

mntbiker2008 [OP] First I derp.. then I herp

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Cincinnati, OH
    Vehicle:
    93 Pick up 4x4 (sold), 10' Mazda 3
    yeah man. I have been keeping myself busy the past few days. Life is too short to sit and dwell on something out of my control.
    Thanks Susan. Hopefully things start to turn around soon.
    thanks Eric. what you said is very true. I try my hardest to get along with my father and step mother, I always end up stressed out, but i try to get over there or call them up once every few months just to let them know their son is still alive. Maybe this will bring the family closer together.. maybe not. Only time will tell.

thank you all for the support. It means a lot

4. Sep 17, 2010 at 12:38 PM
    4WD

4WD cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Lakeside, Ca / Gardnerville, Nevada
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC TRD 4x
    Grey wire MOD, deck plate, diff breather MOD, 2nd gen. OME 883# on Tundra 5100's, OMD custom 3" leafsprings, rear shock relocation, Ivan Stewart TRD rims w/285/75/16's, '02 bumper MOD, Famous Fabrications sliders , LED interior/exterior lights, bed bar, Custom tube bumper, Old school KC day lighters,Red Ring 8" HID flood, Kenwood vhf 2M.. umm some other shit I'm forgetting right now

I'm so sorry Aaron, yep cancer is one insidious POS & true about the chemo & radiation , it wipes out EVERYTHING !!! & not that its any of my business but if you & your Dad aren't real close or if theres a bridge that can be rebuilt between you, do it man , please, just do it. My Dad & me weren't real close either in life till he got lung cancer & I had to move back home & care for him the last year of his life & I really got to know him, not just as a father but as the great man he really always was & I regret it everyday I waited so long to do so... just my .02

God Speed my friend..... prayers sent

:pray::pray::pray:

5. Sep 17, 2010 at 12:42 PM
    Toyotacrawler

Toyotacrawler She's got the jimmy legs

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Cusseta/Opelika AL
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma DC TRD Sport
    5100's set to 1.75" Wheelers 3 leaf progressive AAL & 5100's for the rear Konig Countersteer Offroads K&N Drop in WeatherTech's Bed Mat Blacked out Badges Rear leaf TSB
  6. Sep 17, 2010 at 5:53 PM
    mntbiker2008

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Cincinnati, OH
    Vehicle:
    thanks. Sorry to hear about your father. I am slowly trying to get our situation back together again. It is really hard though when the other person is still persistent in their ways and will not even give a thought about changing their ways. This is not just my father either, my step mother is the worst of all of them.
    To be honest, my dad will occasionally call and ask to give him a hand or have lunch with him or something, I will most definitely do that. He does his silly stuff but I am learning to brush it off and not care. It is just when I have to go to his house and get a double dose of it all is when I get irritated.

Guess this might just be one of those situations that I learn to deal with, try to get a long with them and try not to be so mad about their ways since it appears they will not change.

On a side note, My aunt keeps going down, then back up. Hospice called yesterday to tell everyone to get down there because her numbers were low. She ended up sticking it through the night. Still just a waiting game. I am keeping myself busy so I dont have to think about it too much. Just want it all to be done and over with and to have peace of mind that she is in a better place and not in pain any more.

7. Sep 22, 2010 at 4:26 PM
    Max-4_Yota

Max-4_Yota The Welfare Cadilac

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    3rd gen Tacoma
    Chicken lights, chrome and smoke tunes.
    Sorry to hear :pray:

8. Sep 23, 2010 at 8:15 PM
    mntbiker2008

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Cincinnati, OH
    Vehicle:
    well... its all over with finally. she passed peacefully last night around 2:30. I am just glad it is over and she has moved on to a better place.

Thank you all for your support.

9. Sep 23, 2010 at 8:20 PM
    07TacoRidah

07TacoRidah SHHHH, this is interesting

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Base Model Access Cab
    Engine bay: aFe Pro Dry filter Secondary air filter deleted Sokie Tech hood damper kit OReiley battery terminals Big 3 upgrade (0g wiring) 2012 Headlight swap HID kit (headlight 6k/fog light 3k) Sylvania Zevo LED turn signals w/hyper flash resistors Rear back up light GY6 bulb Bullz Audio 0g wire Exterior: Dynamik Retro Projector style headlight housing Depo Euro Black Altezza LED tails 2012 front grill/bumper cover w/ fog light and hood swap Rear bumper swap (to chrome, painted w/bedliner paint) 99 Cents Store tailgate lock Suspension: XR Bilsteins Universal Air Suspension strut bag Custom UCA's DJM 4" rear drop kit 1" spindle spacer kit 4x4 leaf pack swap (middle leaf removed) Air Lift rear helper springs 4 Siria (Asco) 3/8" air valves 3 gallon air tank 1/4' air lines 90's Acura Integra door switches to air valves ViAir 450 air compressor Rims: 18x10 Work VS-KF front w/5" lip 18x11 Work VS-KF rear w/6" lip 225/40/18 tires all around Sick Speed 3 piece spike lug nuts Pepboys valve stem caps 1" wheel spacers all around Interior: Wink Mirror rear view Center console lid fabric Metra Dash kit Kenwood bluetooth headunit Hifonics Zeus ZXi 6410 PB 6 1/2" component speakers up front 10" single Hifonics subwoofer 10" sealed angled box Katana shift knob
    my condolences to you your aunt and your family. I know how it feels, kind of. I was border line cancer, probably still have a chance of getting it too. As of now my spot (in the right side of my neck in my thyroid) is benine (sp) but has a chance of well I'm not sure really but I am still going back and forth to the hospital taking a lot of blood tests (which I really hate).

10. Sep 23, 2010 at 8:24 PM
    ImpulseRed008

ImpulseRed008 Gone But Not Forgotten

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 V6 w/tow pkg
    OEM SS tube steps, Access LE tonneau cover, pop n'lock, AVS in-channel vent visors, stubby antenna, Wet Okole seat covers, bed mat, rear diff breather mod, 4 extra d rings in bed, K&N air filter.
    So sorry for your loss.

11. Sep 23, 2010 at 8:31 PM
    Tacovendor

Tacovendor Well-Known Member

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    4x4x4cyl
    Just wait!
    CANCER SUCKS! it has taken alot of people I love, you only have one Dad, tell him you Love him, you can't have any regrets. The Lord has taken your Aunt and her battle is over, but she's now in HIS arms.

12. Sep 23, 2010 at 8:31 PM
    907taco

907taco Alaskan Assassin

Member:
    First Name:
    Bobby
    Alaska
    Vehicle:
    2010 BlackSandPearl 4x4
    ultimate lift kit ( toytec ) ome dakar leaf pack , w/ extended length billies, LR uca's, Pro comp 7089s, KM2's 285 70 17, neoprene seat covers, weather techs, CBI sliders w/kickout, URD ss, cab mount chop, VHT night shade tint>tails,3rd B-light. Debadged. Grillecraft grille, rear diff breather mod. CBI Moab front bumper, warn M8000 winch, HID kragens 7", Hella's micro fogs. retrofit headlights HIDS, LED solutions maps/license! 886 back up light mod,
    that sucks, "god bless you and your family" my aunt has been fighting cancer for 5 -6 yrs, 2 radiation treatments..............well very sorry.........

13. Sep 23, 2010 at 8:41 PM
    Snipe

Snipe Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pacific NW
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Off Road
    :(

Sorry for your loss

14. Sep 23, 2010 at 8:42 PM
    mntbiker2008

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Cincinnati, OH
    Vehicle:
    dang man. I work part time in an ENT office and they do a lot of thyroid stuff. can't tell you how many people we get in there with thyroid cancer. stay strong!
    Thanks Susan. Honestly, I am glad it is over. I look at it as, she was in a lot of pain every day, now she is looking down on our family making sure we are ok.
    Thanks man. I make sure I tell him I love him every time I talk to him. We may not get a long very much but he is still my father in the end.
    sorry to hear man. My best wishes go out to your family and hope she gets through it.

It really sucks knowing that a family member is in pain like that knowing that they are bound to leave this world at any moment. I got what I wished for and that was for her to go peacefully. I just hope I don't need to go through this again for a while.

15. Sep 23, 2010 at 10:26 PM
    07TacoRidah

07TacoRidah SHHHH, this is interesting

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Base Model Access Cab
    Engine bay: aFe Pro Dry filter Secondary air filter deleted Sokie Tech hood damper kit OReiley battery terminals Big 3 upgrade (0g wiring) 2012 Headlight swap HID kit (headlight 6k/fog light 3k) Sylvania Zevo LED turn signals w/hyper flash resistors Rear back up light GY6 bulb Bullz Audio 0g wire Exterior: Dynamik Retro Projector style headlight housing Depo Euro Black Altezza LED tails 2012 front grill/bumper cover w/ fog light and hood swap Rear bumper swap (to chrome, painted w/bedliner paint) 99 Cents Store tailgate lock Suspension: XR Bilsteins Universal Air Suspension strut bag Custom UCA's DJM 4" rear drop kit 1" spindle spacer kit 4x4 leaf pack swap (middle leaf removed) Air Lift rear helper springs 4 Siria (Asco) 3/8" air valves 3 gallon air tank 1/4' air lines 90's Acura Integra door switches to air valves ViAir 450 air compressor Rims: 18x10 Work VS-KF front w/5" lip 18x11 Work VS-KF rear w/6" lip 225/40/18 tires all around Sick Speed 3 piece spike lug nuts Pepboys valve stem caps 1" wheel spacers all around Interior: Wink Mirror rear view Center console lid fabric Metra Dash kit Kenwood bluetooth headunit Hifonics Zeus ZXi 6410 PB 6 1/2" component speakers up front 10" single Hifonics subwoofer 10" sealed angled box Katana shift knob

I ended up with Graves Disease, but the effects that I was getting to how I am now (somewhat back to normal, can't really do much as I used to but slowly but surely getting back), from literally speaking like that one kid in the wheel chair in Malcolm in the Middle, to my bp sky rocketing @ 160, damn twitches, etc. thanks man, lol been one odd ride of near death with eggs (my throat swells and I choke to death, permanent allergies), to this, and in all honesty, WON'T keep me down at all my love for building has kept me going. :cool:

16. Sep 24, 2010 at 4:52 AM
    hoosiertaco

hoosiertaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    I'm so sorry to hear of your loss Aaron.

17. Sep 24, 2010 at 5:01 AM
    Incognito

Incognito No better friend, no worse enemy

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2012 Pyrite AC TRD OR
    Spacer lift, bumper stickers, ejector seat, etc.
  18. Sep 24, 2010 at 5:18 AM
    Alby9999

Alby9999 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alby
    NNJ
    Vehicle:
    07 AC TRD OR Impulse Red
    TRD Cat back exhaust 3" FR lift-AAL CAI-Ram air D rings Tail gate theft mod 4x4 illumination switch mod Redline hood struts Fogs on any time mod diff breather relocation mod 886 reverse light mod Wet Okole Avid weld on sliders LR UCAs Locker mod 115 in cab outlet 400w anytime
    Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

19. Sep 25, 2010 at 2:19 PM
    mntbiker2008

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Cincinnati, OH
    Vehicle:
    good way to think man. If only everyone thought that way.

Thank you everyone. Can't say thank you enough for the support.

20. Sep 25, 2010 at 4:09 PM
    moto932

moto932 What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz? CHICKEN?

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Dayton, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    04 TRD Off Road
    Basically stock. OME 882s, HD Dakars and nitrochrgers, TG front bumper, custom rear bumper, 4Xinnovations sliders, RAT skids, Softopper, 255/85/16 ST MAXX's on 16" steelies, 1" B.O.R.A. wheel spacers Scangaugae II, deck plate mod, grey wire mod,ECGS bushing, diff breather relocation, alarm mod, defrost w/o compressor mod, de-badged, sockmonkey beside decals.
    dang aaron, i dont know how i missed this. sorry to hear about your aunt. glad to hear she went peacefully and hope threw all this your family comes closer together. keep your head up bud.

To Top