Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Prayers & Support

Notices

Prayer request for my dad

Old 11-19-2010, 07:27 AM   #1
Is there a long john silvers on the island?
TurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TurfTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Prayer request for my dad

My dad has been having health problems for the past couple of years. Mainly trouble with his liver. The docs say he has a unique case and speculate it may be due to agent orange exposure in vietnam. He is virtually a non drinker...he would occasionally have a beer here and there, but no abuse whatsever. He received the news yesterday that he now has liver cancer that is aggressive and inoperable and has been taken off the liver transplant list. To make things worse he received the news over the phone. He was alone in a hardware store when he got the call. I'm not sure what the thinking is that the docs called with that kind of news instead of calling him into the office where he could be told in person with some family support. I appreciate any prayers. Thank you.
Old 11-19-2010, 07:31 AM   #2
Crownedcustoms is a glorious beacon of lightCrownedcustoms is a glorious beacon of lightCrownedcustoms is a glorious beacon of lightCrownedcustoms is a glorious beacon of lightCrownedcustoms is a glorious beacon of lightCrownedcustoms is a glorious beacon of light
Crownedcustoms's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry to hear that. We'll keep your dad in our prayers as well as your family.
Old 11-19-2010, 08:05 AM   #3
David Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David Tarantino's Tacoma Gallery
I will keep your dad in my prayers
Old 11-19-2010, 08:07 AM   #4
onix
Onix is on a distinguished road

Onix's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry to hear that We'll keep your dad in our prayers as well as your family.
Old 11-19-2010, 08:19 AM   #5
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Old 11-19-2010, 08:19 AM   #6
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
for your dad and your family.
Hang in there for your pops
Old 11-19-2010, 08:29 AM   #7
clowns to the left-jokers to the right
hoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ben
hoosiertaco's Tacoma Gallery
Thoughts and prayers your way. Seems they should have done like you mentioned and called him and the family in. Maybe you should mention that to the office so they could make appropriate changes to their prognosis notification procedure.

Could I get your pops first name for my prayer list? Thanks.
Old 11-19-2010, 09:43 AM   #8
TurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosiertaco View Post
Thoughts and prayers your way. Seems they should have done like you mentioned and called him and the family in. Maybe you should mention that to the office so they could make appropriate changes to their prognosis notification procedure.

Could I get your pops first name for my prayer list? Thanks.
Thanks, his name is Barry
Old 11-19-2010, 09:45 AM   #10
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery

Man that's rough news.
Old 11-19-2010, 09:46 AM   #12
SuperTacoma will become famous soon enoughSuperTacoma will become famous soon enough

Name: Clint
SuperTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Prayers

Old 11-19-2010, 09:52 AM   #13
newertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: electronics tech
Name: Kevin
newertoy's Tacoma Gallery
Count on another prayer from here.
Old 11-19-2010, 10:30 AM   #15
I'm Not Your F***ing Brother
Paul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Paul's TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Very sorry to hear the new. Not sure if you or your father have been told, but have you at least tried to talk to another Doctor and get various opinions. I know there are some things that are incurable, but we should never give in as long as there are options. My father passed away 2 years ago suddenly. I didn't get that chance to say goodbye or take that last road trip with him that we talked about all the time. Take some time and spend as much of it with your father. You'll be very happy you did. In light of all this, maybe second opinions aren't worth the time wasted away from spending with your family and father.
Old 11-19-2010, 10:32 AM   #16
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Prayers sent.
Old 11-19-2010, 10:35 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul's TRD View Post
Very sorry to hear the new. Not sure if you or your father have been told, but have you at least tried to talk to another Doctor and get various opinions. I know there are some things that are incurable, but we should never give in as long as there are options. My father passed away 2 years ago suddenly. I didn't get that chance to say goodbye or take that last road trip with him that we talked about all the time. Take some time and spend as much of it with your father. You'll be very happy you did. In light of all this, maybe second opinions aren't worth the time wasted away from spending with your family and father.
Thank you
Old 11-19-2010, 10:45 AM   #19
cntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chuck
cntstan's Tacoma Gallery
I will say a prayer for your dad. That is some very hard news to hear, especially when you are alone.