1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

My girlfriend is in the hospital

Discussion in 'Personal & Emotional Support' started by Metallikatz3, Dec 2, 2010.

1. Dec 3, 2010 at 4:19 AM
    USFCON

USFCON Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Melbourne, Florida
    Vehicle:
    Prerunner SR5 Off Road
    FLM URD Short Shifter Debadged Gate 4 D-ring add on Weathertech floor mats Sport Wheel Swap Color matched Grill Bed lights Air freshner mod AAL Bilstein x 4 Tacolean Spacer Tins Bike Fork Mount Sexy Tires Blacked out Valence

Not sure where you got your information from but if a patient has symptoms requiring testing it doesn't matter their age. The doc will order tests if they feel it fits in helping the differential. It gets sketchy (with some docs) when a patient doesn't have insurance.

Usually they run a d-dimer/ct angio and try to rule out P.E. (hopefully in the ED prior to admission and post troponin/ekg results.) Praying they shot a chest film in the ED also.

I'm sure (hope) they also checked liver, pancreas, gallbladder...

2. Dec 3, 2010 at 6:52 AM
    Metallikatz3

Metallikatz3 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    SLC, UT
    Vehicle:
    2017 DCLB OR
    Always in process

I know that they did blood work and ultrasounds of liver, pancreas, gallbladder, and probably some other stuff in that region too. They did chest x-rays, at least 1 set of EKG's, and tested some enzymes to test her heart. She has had plurisy before which appearantly makes you more susceptable to it in the future so from the beginning that's what she thought it was again, but just wanted to be sure it wasn't heart or something more serious with the lungs.

On the insurance topic... she does not have any but from talking to my dad (who worked in health insurance his whole life) said that she can probably qualify for "charity care." Appearantly here in NJ if you make less then 2x the poverty line income (with some caveats about assets), 100% of your hospital stay is covered by the state. I don't think the doctors were in a hurry to get her out of the hospital or anything though. I was satisfied with the tests they ran

3. Dec 3, 2010 at 6:53 AM
    Metallikatz3

Metallikatz3 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    SLC, UT
    Vehicle:
    2017 DCLB OR
    Always in process
    She's 34, not on birth control, not overweight, and only did an xray, no cat scans

4. Dec 3, 2010 at 6:57 AM
    hoosiertaco

hoosiertaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Prayers for a quick revovery :pray:Christina:pray:

5. Dec 3, 2010 at 7:01 AM
    pudge151

pudge151 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra Platinum

me too, i just hate seeing Plurisy as a diagnosis. i would rather here that every possible test was done and nothing was found.

6. Dec 3, 2010 at 7:03 AM
    pudge151

pudge151 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra Platinum

cat scan may have not been needed, i doubt that they left out a d-dimer blood test if they did all that other stuff, likely it was normal therefore no CT scan was done to exclude pulmonary Embolism

To Top