Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Prayers & Support

Notices

My mom

Old 12-12-2010, 01:22 PM   #1
SHHHH, this is interesting
07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

07TacoRidah's Tacoma Gallery
My mom

My mom has had very bad back problems for the longest and it's finally caught up with her. She has a Scolanoscapi (sp) in her lower spine, which is making what life she has left a living nightmare of pain all the time. She doesn't want the surgery and I don't blame her, recently she tried to go to this one therapy place that claims to help with that very problem she has. It only made things worse for her. She is basically to the point of constant pain and tears. She's in her 60's and is a retired RN of UCLA Medical.
Although her and I didn't really get along well, I would still like her remaining days to be as peaceful as they can. I'm not much of a religious person, but please pray for my mom.

Thank you.
Old 12-12-2010, 01:23 PM   #3
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07TacoRidah View Post
My mom has had very bad back problems for the longest and it's finally caught up with her. She has a Scolanoscapi (sp) in her lower spine, which is making what life she has left a living nightmare of pain all the time. She doesn't want the surgery and I don't blame her, recently she tried to go to this one therapy place that claims to help with that very problem she has. It only made things worse for her. She is basically to the point of constant pain and tears. She's in her 60's and is a retired RN of UCLA Medical.
Although her and I didn't really get along well, I would still like her remaining days to be as peaceful as they can. I'm not much of a religious person, but please pray for my mom.

Thank you.
I will
Old 12-12-2010, 01:46 PM   #4
Caduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: I be a doctor
Caduceus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07TacoRidah View Post

Thank you.
She's got what?!? I'm trying to figure it out... (this is mainly curiousity). Colonoscopy? Spondylolisthesis? Sclerosis?

Either way, back problems suck. Pain meds mask symptoms, until you're an addict and no one wants to give you more. Surgery 'fixes' the problem but not the pain. Rehab is hit or miss. best of luck to her, hopefully she'll keep an open mind on some of the treatment options.
Old 12-12-2010, 02:27 PM   #6
07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caduceus View Post
She's got what?!? I'm trying to figure it out... (this is mainly curiousity). Colonoscopy? Spondylolisthesis? Sclerosis?

Either way, back problems suck. Pain meds mask symptoms, until you're an addict and no one wants to give you more. Surgery 'fixes' the problem but not the pain. Rehab is hit or miss. best of luck to her, hopefully she'll keep an open mind on some of the treatment options.
Colonoscopy I think. I know it's when there's something coming from the spine like toxins and it hurts like hell when you sit. Which is exactly what is happening to her, even lying down she is in a lot of pain. From what she was telling me, that one place she went to for the therapy gave her shots. I don't know of what though. Her original physician moved somewhere, his treatments were working but that unfortunately happened, so she had to look around for another one.
Old 12-12-2010, 06:53 PM   #7
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
for your mom
Old 12-12-2010, 09:54 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom View Post
think you will find it is
scolosis

(curvature of the spine) imagine having a few crushed disk in your spine for life and pretty good "background pain"

not much fun !
i am sorry for her ;-(

BTW
colonscopy

is a diagnostic tool of a small camera inserted up the "back door" to go up and check your colon
my dad told me a while ago she had something to do with sciatica or which ever ailment gives you lower back pain when you sit. As of now she can't really walk, bend, hardly turn to side, sitting is definitely out of the question (her last visit to that theropy place that gave her a shot, the ride home we had to take local which was about 20 minutes, it was hell for her to find a somewhat suitable position so he back won't hurt but nothing helped. The whole ride back was extreme pain).
Old 12-12-2010, 10:24 PM   #9
scottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scottri's Tacoma Gallery
Good luck to your mom. Prayers sent.
Old 12-12-2010, 10:40 PM   #10
You think I was rollin out here naked?
ToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: MA
ToucanV13's Tacoma Gallery
Prayers sent
Old 12-12-2010, 10:44 PM   #11
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
My best friend works for UCLA medical as an RN as well. Prayers sent.
Old 12-12-2010, 10:45 PM   #12
A7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryan
A7XTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Old 12-12-2010, 10:57 PM   #13
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
prayer sent
Old 12-13-2010, 06:19 AM   #14
Danosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Danosabre's Tacoma Gallery
Prayers sent.
Old 12-13-2010, 06:29 AM   #15
JTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Flight School
Name: JT
JTaco386's Tacoma Gallery
Prayers sent!!
Old 12-13-2010, 06:49 AM   #16
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Doesn't matter what they call it-I will pray for your mom too-especially for relief or escape from her constant pain.
Old 12-13-2010, 06:58 AM   #17
clowns to the left-jokers to the right
hoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ben
hoosiertaco's Tacoma Gallery
Thoughts and prayers for your momma. Mind if I ask what her first name is so I can put it on my prayer list?

And you two may not get along, but it is great your are concerned for her, and maybe you two could possibly mend ways a bit and you both could be more involved in each others life. Prayers for that situation as well.
Old 12-13-2010, 07:20 AM   #20
Nightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Felipe
Nightstr's Tacoma Gallery