1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Just buried my dog:-(

Discussion in 'Personal & Emotional Support' started by udy2554, Feb 5, 2011.

1. Feb 5, 2011 at 9:54 AM
    udy2554

udy2554 [OP] NORTHERN RED-NECK

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Naples, NY
    Vehicle:
    '06 Tacoma TRD Sport
    Toytec ULK, Light Racing UCA's, OME Dakar rear leaves, ARB Bumper with XRC8 winch, Good Year Duratracs 285/70/17's on 17x9" Level 8 Strike 6's. Leer cap in the winter. Pioneer Double Din with BT, iPod, etc. Boston Acoustic components in all 4 doors with a Sony amp, powered 8" sub. Ultra gauge, Tom Tom...
    I don't know if this is the right place for this, but I just buried my dog.

She was killed in the road yesterday, not 20 yards from where I was adding lights to the new bumper on my Toy. I never heard brakes, no one slowed down, nothing. When she didn't come to my call, I checked the back and side yards, she never went in the road...that's taboo and brings the wrath of John (that's me), if she's caught there. I never expected to see her laying there right in front of the driveway. Her little collar was knocked off her, but nothing but an abrasion on her shoulder. Just like she was sleeping.

She's a (was a) dwarf Jack Russell, a very busy one! She was one pain in the ass, hence her name was Aspen for short. She was always around doing with you whatever you were doing. Stacking fire wood, working in the driveway, on the computer, feeding the horses, whatever, she was just ALWAYS there, now she's not, and it hurts so much. This is a tough one for my wife as well, they were snuggle buddies on the couch. Aspen was her wakeup call every morning getting in bed with her.

Anyhow, I just buried her between a Japanese Maple and a Pussy Willow. There was 2 feet of snow, so there was only a couple inches of frost. The digging wasn't too bad.

There are so many reminders of her around, her kennel, water and food dishes. The bowl of "treats" she would bounce around and dance on two feet for. Tons of little footprints in the snow EVERYWHERE! I hope it snows good for a bit. She loved us so much as we did her...even though she was such a pain in the ass.

Rest In Peace Aspen. I miss you so much already!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I never expected this pain, can't stop crying for the "little dog", my nickname for her!

Sorry for the babble/whine, just getting stuff off my chest.

2. Feb 5, 2011 at 9:59 AM
    Geode

Geode Well-Known Member

Member:
    Illinois
    Vehicle:
    09 4WD TRD
    I'm very sorry to hear that.

3. Feb 5, 2011 at 9:59 AM
    10PreRunner

10PreRunner Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Knoxville, Tennessee
    Vehicle:
    2013 SR5 4x4 Double Cab
    I know how you feel, a few years ago my boxer got out to the road and got hit. I found him in the woods next to the house where he was trying to get home. Try to find you another friend, it won't replace Aspen but it should help a little.

4. Feb 5, 2011 at 10:12 AM
    Toyotacrawler

Toyotacrawler She's got the jimmy legs

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Cusseta/Opelika AL
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma DC TRD Sport
    5100's set to 1.75" Wheelers 3 leaf progressive AAL & 5100's for the rear Konig Countersteer Offroads K&N Drop in WeatherTech's Bed Mat Blacked out Badges Rear leaf TSB
    Sorry for your loss buddy! It's very hard to lose a pet. Thinking bout yall.:pray:

5. Feb 5, 2011 at 10:15 AM
    Krazie Sj

Krazie Sj Resident Jackass

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Borla Catback Exhaust, Snorkel, 33s on either 16's or 18's, ARB Bumper, All Pro LT w/Walker Evan Shocks front and back, All Pro expedition leaf pack, 10,000lb Superwinch, Intake Manifold Spacer, Bed Rack with ARB RTT, Rotopack and Hi Lift mounted, Husky Liner mats and an air freshener from 1995.
    Nothings quite as hard as letting go of a family member. Even a furry pain in the ass one. Sorry for your loss, but glad she had a good long time with you, even if it was cut short. :)

6. Feb 5, 2011 at 10:16 AM
    David Tarantino

David Tarantino Well-Known Member

Member:
    N.J.
    Vehicle:
    08 tacoma
    [SIZE=+1]Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
    There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
    There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
    The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....
    im so sorry for your loss
    [/SIZE]

7. Feb 5, 2011 at 10:31 AM
    booboy

booboy Well-Known Member

Member:
    PaCiFiC nOrThWeSt
    Vehicle:
    2010 TrD SpOrT 4x4
    I'm sorry brotha! It's never easy to deal with a loss. My prayers are with you and your wife.

8. Feb 5, 2011 at 10:33 AM
    Tacoma675

Tacoma675 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    Kingwood,Tx
    Vehicle:
    2014 4x4
    Husky floor mats
    Im sorry to hear about your loss. My 16 year old dog died last year and I still have a bad day every once in awhile. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

9. Feb 5, 2011 at 10:34 AM
    udy2554

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Naples, NY
    Vehicle:
    '06 Tacoma TRD Sport
    Toytec ULK, Light Racing UCA's, OME Dakar rear leaves, ARB Bumper with XRC8 winch, Good Year Duratracs 285/70/17's on 17x9" Level 8 Strike 6's. Leer cap in the winter. Pioneer Double Din with BT, iPod, etc. Boston Acoustic components in all 4 doors with a Sony amp, powered 8" sub. Ultra gauge, Tom Tom...
    Thanks everybody! Boy, it's tough typing through the tears. Rainbow Bridge gets me everytime!

10. Feb 5, 2011 at 10:40 AM
    jjew18

jjew18 the Nightman cometh!

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Alliance Airport
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    Added extra awesomeness to its original awesomeness.
    Hang in there buddy, Aspen will be waiting to cross that bridge with you.

11. Feb 5, 2011 at 10:47 AM
    98tacoma27

98tacoma27 is going full "SANDWICH" Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Not Beech Creek
    Vehicle:
    05 Tundra SR5 (+295k AND COUNTING), 2006 F350 King Ranch 6.0L
    Some stuff. Not a lot, just some.
    The Dog's Prayer

Treat me kindly, my beloved master, for no heart in all the world is more grateful for kindness than the loving heart of me.

Do not break my spirit with a stick, for though I should lick your hand between the blows, your patience and understanding will more quickly teach me the things you would have me do.

Speak to me often, for your voice is the world's sweetest music, as you must know by the fierce wagging of my tail when your footstep falls upon my waiting ear.

When it is cold and wet, please take me inside... for I am now a domesticated animal, no longer used to bitter elements... and I ask no greater glory than the privilege of sitting at your feet beside the hearth... though had you no home, I would rather follow you through ice and snow than rest upon the softest pillow in the warmest home in all the land... for you are my god... and I am your devoted worshiper.

Keep my pan filled with fresh water, for although I should not reproach you were it dry, I cannot tell you when I suffer thirst. Feed me clean food, that I may stay well, to romp and play and do your bidding, to walk by your side, and stand ready, willing and able to protect you with my life, should your life be in danger.

And, beloved master, should the Great Master see fit to deprive me of my health or sight, do not turn me away from you. Rather hold me gently in your arms as skilled hands grant me the merciful boon of eternal rest...and I will leave you knowing with the last breath I drew, my fate was ever safest in your hands.

--Beth Norman Harris

12. Feb 5, 2011 at 11:00 AM
    udy2554

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Naples, NY
    Vehicle:
    '06 Tacoma TRD Sport
    That's awesome too! Thanks, I will be showing these to my wife when she gets home this evening!

13. Feb 5, 2011 at 11:04 AM
    bt08231

bt08231 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Baltimore, MD
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Grey SR5
    Stock
    rudyard kipling, four-feet. Take a minute and look it up. Its a beautiful poem that i enjoyed during what was a pretty horrible time when i put my boy Samson down this time last year.

14. Feb 5, 2011 at 11:06 AM
    bt08231

bt08231 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Baltimore, MD
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Grey SR5
    Stock
    Four-Feet

I have done mostly what most men do,
    And pushed it out of my mind;
    But I can't forget, if I wanted to,
    Four-Feet trotting behind.

Day after day, the whole day through --
    Wherever my road inclined --
    Four-feet said, "I am coming with you!"
    And trotted along behind.

Now I must go by some other round, --
    Which I shall never find --
    Somewhere that does not carry the sound
    Of Four-Feet trotting behind.

Rudyard Kipling
    </B>

15. Feb 5, 2011 at 11:29 AM
    udy2554

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Naples, NY
    Vehicle:
    '06 Tacoma TRD Sport
    Thank you all for the hurt, it lets me know of love of and to a pet!!

16. Feb 5, 2011 at 11:51 AM
    Tippett's TRD

Tippett's TRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh Tippett
    Lake Linganore, Maryland
    Vehicle:
    2010 Speedway Dbl Cab L/B 4x4
    6" Pro Comp Suspension Lift, LEER Cap, NFAB Nerf Bars, Avid Off-road Bar, K&N Intake, Weathertech Liners, 2011 Grille, BedRug, Westin Taillight Guards, Tinted Windows, RedLine Hood Struts, Mag Lite Mod, Stubbie Antenna...
    So sorry for your loss... we get so attached to animals and they really become a part of the family. Wish you and your family the best

17. Feb 5, 2011 at 11:53 AM
    BryWi

BryWi Psalm 109:8

Member:
    Earth
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD off-road DC SB w/JBL
    5100s, black valance
    Sorry for your loss.

Let it out. It's good to talk about it.

When you get past the pain the fond memories will always be there :)

18. Feb 5, 2011 at 12:00 PM
    Incognito

Incognito No better friend, no worse enemy

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2012 Pyrite AC TRD OR
    Spacer lift, bumper stickers, ejector seat, etc.
    X2 :pray: :(

19. Feb 5, 2011 at 12:07 PM
    Chipskip

Chipskip N7MCS

Member:
    First Name:
    Chip
    Phoenix
    Vehicle:
    07 Tundra
    I am sorry to hear.

My dog died about 3 months ago.

Your pain is not knowing who did it and that they didn't care enough to stop.

My pain was holding him for over an hour as he died and praying for the good Lord to make it quick.

There is no easy way to get past it. We to often take what little time we have with our furry friends for granted.

20. Feb 5, 2011 at 12:13 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    So sorry to hear of your loss. :(

To Top