Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Prayers & Support

Notices

Grandmother passed away

Old 03-18-2011, 08:54 AM   #1
04YodaTaco will become famous soon enough
04YodaTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Grandmother passed away

My grandmother has passed away...she had cancer. I have helped care for her during her sickness, so she could die at home with dignity and family. It has been rough.

She was old and I knew the day was coming but I am having a harder time dealing with this than I expected. She has always been there for me no matter what the circumstances and her wisdom has guided me in life. She served in the Army Air Corps during WW2 and worked two jobs much of her life to provide for everyone in her family, even though the second job wasn't really needed, and was very active in church and VFW, a devout Catholic. I have more respect for her than anyone. The greatest generation indeed...

I am not one to ask for sympathy and have never posted something like this online before. Typing this makes me feel a little better for some reason though as corny as the idea of doing this seems to me.

Prayers and thoughts for my grandmother are appreciated. She really deserves it.
Old 03-18-2011, 08:58 AM   #2
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
You did right by your grandmother by being there with her. I'll pray for her, and it sounds like she had a long and productive life. Take care.
Old 03-18-2011, 09:00 AM   #3
toyohtadude is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyohtadude is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyohtadude is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyohtadude is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyohtadude is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyohtadude is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyohtadude is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyohtadude is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyohtadude is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyohtadude is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyohtadude is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Grunt
Name: Eric
toyohtadude's Tacoma Gallery
You have mine from NH. Very sorry to hear about your loss. Expected or not, any loss of family is a terrible experience. Remember all the good things and focus on those.
Old 03-18-2011, 09:01 AM   #4
Locked and Lifted "02" DC TRD.
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry to hear man. Prayers sent.
To some like myself, grandmothers mean so much more to me than my own parents and I dont know what I would do with out my folks.
As I get older in life (43) with no wife or children myself, my parents and gramma (86) mean more to me than anything on this earth.
Be strong and keep her memory alive with you.
Old 03-18-2011, 09:01 AM   #6
JTO is a glorious beacon of lightJTO is a glorious beacon of lightJTO is a glorious beacon of lightJTO is a glorious beacon of lightJTO is a glorious beacon of lightJTO is a glorious beacon of light

JTO's Tacoma Gallery
Prayers go out to you and your family. I cant even imagine losing one of my grandparents. They have all been very inspirational in my life. Feel happiness in the fact that she lived a long full life and loved you and the rest of your family very much.
Old 03-18-2011, 09:02 AM   #7
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Old 03-18-2011, 09:03 AM   #8
MyYota05 is just really niceMyYota05 is just really niceMyYota05 is just really niceMyYota05 is just really niceMyYota05 is just really nice

MyYota05's Tacoma Gallery
She is in a better place man, I bet it was hard taking care of her at home but at least she passed away at home with loved ones, take care man and I will pray for you and your family.
Old 03-18-2011, 09:04 AM   #9
Bring Yuengling To MN!
angrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shed

angrysam's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry for your loss. Grandparents are special and they definitely leave a void when they're gone. It will get a little easier as the years pass.

Rest easy knowing you made her last days as nice as you could for her.
Old 03-18-2011, 09:04 AM   #10
RLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
RLDTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry for your loss.Prayers sent to you and your family.
Old 03-18-2011, 11:27 AM   #11
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Old 03-18-2011, 11:34 AM   #13
Psalm 109:8
BryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BryWi's Tacoma Gallery

She will ALWAYS be with you in your heart.
Old 03-18-2011, 11:39 AM   #14
clowns to the left-jokers to the right
hoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ben
hoosiertaco's Tacoma Gallery
Coming here to release grief, mourn, vent, or just type about issues in life has helped many others before you. Don't worry, it's not corny at all.

My sincere condolences on your loss. Thoughts and prayers for you and your family.
Old 03-19-2011, 01:24 AM   #15
"Old Timer," compliments of 11Taco2.7
rleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Master Sergeant, Training Superintendent, 67th Network Warfare Wing
Name: Bob
rleeharris's Tacoma Gallery
Like many others have said, so sorry for the loss of your Grandmother--they are special. Certainly, I will pray for your Grandmother... and for your entire family. May God bless you all.
Old 03-19-2011, 01:42 AM   #16
Sje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Boatswains Mate
Name: Sean
Sje1124's Tacoma Gallery
I'm sorry for your loss man. I'll keep you in my prayers.
Old 03-19-2011, 11:13 AM   #17
Papas Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapas Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapas Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapas Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapas Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapas Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapas Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapas Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapas Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapas Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapas Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blue
Papas Taco's Tacoma Gallery
So sorry to hear about your loss. Prayer sent.
Old 05-02-2011, 08:01 PM   #18
04YodaTaco will become famous soon enough
04YodaTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry to drag this thread back up but I would like to thank everyone for their prayers and thoughts. It's nice to know that there are others out there who understand and care about how important certain people can be in our lives, and respect the good they have done.

Thanks again to all, I really do appreciate all the great posts.

Also I would like to express my sympathies to any members down south who have been affected by the devastating tornado outbreak last week. You, and all your family and friends, are in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 05-02-2011, 08:06 PM   #19
Reagan/Bush '84
Colton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
Colton's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosiertaco View Post
Coming here to release grief, mourn, vent, or just type about issues in life has helped many others before you. Don't worry, it's not corny at all.

My sincere condolences on your loss. Thoughts and prayers for you and your family.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rleeharris View Post
Like many others have said, so sorry for the loss of your Grandmother--they are special. Certainly, I will pray for your Grandmother... and for your entire family. May God bless you all.
A bit late, but X2.
Old 05-03-2011, 05:48 AM   #20
clowns to the left-jokers to the right
hoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ben
hoosiertaco's Tacoma Gallery
No apoligies necessary brother. Hope you are doing well. It's really nice to hear after some time has passed by threads like this that things are going ok.