Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Prayers & Support

Notices

My Dad, Sister and Cousin

Old 04-09-2011, 09:02 PM   #1
The Messiah
90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
90YotaPU's Tacoma Gallery
My Dad, Sister and Cousin

I knew things were going too well when my wife got a good raise at work and I'm on the verge of getting a new job.

My dad was diagnosed with a type of prostate cancer the other day. To make things worse, he's a long distance truck driver and won't be home for another week to discuss his options. The doctor told him the test results over the phone. It amazes me how bad things happen to good people. He's been driving trucks since 16 (now 66) and has always taken every load offered and driven old trucks because they were paid off just so me, my sister, and my mom could have a good life and never go without. Now after all that, he gets cancer. Makes no sense to me.

My cousin while at work the two days ago passed out. After being rushed to the emergency room and having all tests run on him, they found several tumors in his brain. He's going in for surgery on Tuesday. He just got married this past winter and is only in his mid-20's. Has his whole life ahead of him.

I also have my sister going in for elective surgery to have gastric bypass performed. She's always had a problem with her weight and though she won't tell us, I believe the doctors are pushing it so she doesn't have health problems down the road. She's only 34. We lost my uncle a few years back due to health problems caused by him being overweight.

I'm not gonna lie, I'm not a religious person by any stretch of the imagination but please keep my family in your thoughts (or prayers if that's what you do).
Old 04-09-2011, 09:04 PM   #2
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
You have been through a lot. I hope things look up for you. You and your family are in my thoughts.
Old 04-09-2011, 09:07 PM   #3
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
I'll hope for a good outcome for everyone involved. You have a lot on your plate, so take the time to take care of yourself as you deal with everything. Good luck.
Old 04-09-2011, 09:11 PM   #4
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtacomaguy View Post
I'll hope for a good outcome for everyone involved. You have a lot on your plate, so take the time to take care of yourself as you deal with everything. Good luck.
X2!
Old 04-09-2011, 09:20 PM   #6
cb0913 is a splendid one to beholdcb0913 is a splendid one to beholdcb0913 is a splendid one to beholdcb0913 is a splendid one to beholdcb0913 is a splendid one to beholdcb0913 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Chris
cb0913's Tacoma Gallery
hope everything works out well, mike.
Old 04-09-2011, 09:29 PM   #8
Machete Eddie will become famous soon enough

Name: Eddie
Machete Eddie's Tacoma Gallery
You and your family are in our prayers.
Old 04-09-2011, 09:41 PM   #10
loves.her.truck is a splendid one to beholdloves.her.truck is a splendid one to beholdloves.her.truck is a splendid one to beholdloves.her.truck is a splendid one to beholdloves.her.truck is a splendid one to beholdloves.her.truck is a splendid one to behold

Name: Blu
loves.her.truck's Tacoma Gallery
being sent right now
Old 04-09-2011, 09:47 PM   #11
The Messiah
90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thanks so much everyone. The comraderie (sp?) means a lot to me on here. Both my sister and my counsin are going in for surgery on Tuesday and I'll be heading down to the hospital. My dad has an appointment scheduled for when he'll be home next and he'll discuss the options with his doctor.

My dad always talked about him and I going on a father / son vacation. It's a shame it's taken this kind of jolt to get to it, but my wife and I decided I'm going to look into booking a cruise for him and I to go on. He's always been trying to get my mom to go on one and she's too afraid of boats. I've been on several and know he'd love it. This may be the perfect thing for us to do together.
Old 04-09-2011, 09:55 PM   #12
DSMissed is a splendid one to beholdDSMissed is a splendid one to beholdDSMissed is a splendid one to beholdDSMissed is a splendid one to beholdDSMissed is a splendid one to beholdDSMissed is a splendid one to beholdDSMissed is a splendid one to behold
Name: Kerri
DSMissed's Tacoma Gallery
Thats alot to have on your mind, but just be strong... the stronger you and the rest of your family are, the stronger your father/sister/cousin will be. Life has a funny way of working, but it always goes on.
Old 04-09-2011, 10:45 PM   #14
T O Y O T A
mlittle is a glorious beacon of lightmlittle is a glorious beacon of lightmlittle is a glorious beacon of lightmlittle is a glorious beacon of lightmlittle is a glorious beacon of light

Army: 4-3 ADA BN Maintenance Control Officer
Name: Michael
mlittle's Tacoma Gallery
Hopefully everything has a positive outcome. Keep your head up. You are your family will be in my prayers.
Old 04-09-2011, 10:48 PM   #15
elytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: I do what Goose did but not with Maverick...now I'm learning Mavericks skills too!!
Name: Travis
elytravis's Tacoma Gallery
I wish you and your family the best. They are in my prayers. I'm not the preaching type, but God has a funny way of working things out. What ever you believe, in the end it's got to be good because you wait your entire life to get there. I truely hope for the best outcome for family situation.
Old 04-09-2011, 11:01 PM   #16
"Old Timer," compliments of 11Taco2.7
rleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Master Sergeant, Training Superintendent, 67th Network Warfare Wing
Name: Bob
rleeharris's Tacoma Gallery
OP, sending prayers for your family and YOU too. Take care of yourself man; stresses can build up and before you know it they can become overwhelming. Make sure to take time to reflect on all these things and find some way to keep tabs on your own well-being. I've been there and I can't stress this enough. Reaching out here is a great step in that direction.

Again, my prayers for your father (I have great respect for truck drivers!), sister, and cousin. May God bless and comfort you all in this difficult time. And may He give you calm and peace to wade these troubled waters. He is there for you--never, EVER, forget that.
Old 04-09-2011, 11:07 PM   #17
Internet Winner
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
Prayers for sure man, hope everything goes well
Old 04-09-2011, 11:26 PM   #18
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
i hope the outcome for everyone is good!! prays coming! i had a friend in HS. sophomore year she had brain cancer had surgery they got like all of it. junior year it came back. had surgery agin. and in the end she ended up dyeing. very very sad!!! she was 17.
Old 04-10-2011, 01:39 AM   #19
clowns to the left-jokers to the right
hoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ben
hoosiertaco's Tacoma Gallery
I'm sorry to hear of the tough times you are facing.
Could I have their first names if you don't mind me asking. I'd like to add them to my prayer list?

Make sure you book that cruise with your pops!!! You'll have a blast and never regret it.

You are in my prayers too Mike. Drink water, eat fruits, and take care of yourself because your family needs you healthy and strong for them during these trying times.

Extra thoughts and prayers on Tuesday.
Old 04-10-2011, 07:32 AM   #20
The Messiah

Thanks Guys (and gals). Names as follows:

Dad: Jim
Sister: Melissa
Cousin: John

I'll be keeping everyone updated on things as it comes along.