Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Prayers & Support

Notices

Prayers needed for my parents

Old 04-19-2011, 07:28 PM   #1
Now my Taco is bloody Red, ewww
"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed

"OldManTan"'s Tacoma Gallery
Prayers needed for my parents

Yesterday I found out my father was diagnosed with MDS. It is a rare disease that is terminal. Some doctors consider it cancer while others see it as a pre-cursor. Today they found out that his life span is between 2-5 years depending on the final test results to come back. My dad is 58. He retired last year, kinda early but had to get out of his job. He had all these plans with my mom when she retired in a few years. They are still so in love after 36 years. He has always been someone I look up to. He worked between 60 and 70 hrs a week when I was a kid, but still had the time & energy to be our soccer coach, Boy Scout leader and a great father among other things. I know I am fortunate to have him for 33 yrs and more to come but I am having a very hard time dealing with this. Right now they are keeping it quiet and so I come here to express my feelings. I thank God I have a wonderful family and wife, which unfortunately is going through the same thing with her father. He has had MS for almost 20 years. But due to that situation and now mine we have each other to fully lean on. So please hug your parents. Tell them you love them. Hug a cancer victim, hug a cancer survivor. I never thought I would have to deal with this so young but unfortunately life doesn't go as planned. I am going to do my best to stay upbeat and positive, but right now I need to cry. Please say a prayer for them, and keep us in your thoughts.
Old 04-20-2011, 08:45 AM   #2
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry to hear this news.
Prayers sent your way for you, your wife & her family and your parents
Old 04-20-2011, 08:47 AM   #4
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Prayer sent
Old 04-20-2011, 08:50 AM   #5
KBToyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedKBToyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedKBToyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedKBToyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedKBToyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedKBToyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedKBToyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedKBToyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedKBToyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedKBToyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedKBToyota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sgt (DD-214), 3d Marine Division
Name: Kurt
KBToyota's Tacoma Gallery
Prayers sent.
Hopefully this may be one of those situations when the doctors estimation on time left is wrong. My uncle and old boss was given 1-2 years with cancer and he was around for a little over 10 with most of them all good years. He was able to hunt except for the last 2 and went fishing the last year.
Old 04-20-2011, 08:50 AM   #6
wmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
wmdpowell's Tacoma Gallery
It is hard when a parent is ill. Prayers sent.
Old 04-20-2011, 08:57 AM   #7
clowns to the left-jokers to the right
hoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ben
hoosiertaco's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for sharing your thoughts and feelings brother. That was very nice to read as well as a kick in the butt to appreciate our time with parents and other family members while we have it.

I will lift him as well as all the family up in prayer. Could I have his first name for my prayer list if you don't mind me asking?
Old 04-20-2011, 08:57 AM   #8
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Old 04-20-2011, 09:23 AM   #9
"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thank you all for your kind words of support. Today is a new day. I realize time estimations are just that, there are no guarantees either way. Gonna try to make the best of every moment we spend together.
Old 04-20-2011, 09:34 AM   #10
fuzz master is a splendid one to beholdfuzz master is a splendid one to beholdfuzz master is a splendid one to beholdfuzz master is a splendid one to beholdfuzz master is a splendid one to beholdfuzz master is a splendid one to beholdfuzz master is a splendid one to beholdfuzz master is a splendid one to behold
fuzz master's Tacoma Gallery
make the best of everything and cherish all the moments.
Old 04-20-2011, 09:38 AM   #12
cb0913 is a splendid one to beholdcb0913 is a splendid one to beholdcb0913 is a splendid one to beholdcb0913 is a splendid one to beholdcb0913 is a splendid one to beholdcb0913 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Chris
cb0913's Tacoma Gallery
sorry to hear that, sir.
Old 04-20-2011, 09:39 AM   #13
Danosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Danosabre's Tacoma Gallery
Prayers sent!
Old 04-20-2011, 09:46 AM   #14
Asian13 will become famous soon enoughAsian13 will become famous soon enough

Name: Rachel
Asian13's Tacoma Gallery
Thoughts and prayers sent your way. I lost my mom when I was 21. Don't take the little things for granted...
Old 04-20-2011, 11:20 AM   #15
Thank you to all our miltary personnel for serving
TyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ty
TyT's Tacoma Gallery
Prayers being sent man! just try to stay positive and keep your head up for your mom and your family!
PM me if you need anything!
Old 04-20-2011, 10:29 PM   #16

Today was a good and bad day for my dad. My mom had to work so he was alone part of the day. I talked to him as did my wife. He is having a hard time leaving her behind. He feels so much that he is supposed to be here to take care of her. I don't know how to help him. This is my dad, strong tough man who's only weakness is his wife and family. Next week he gets the results from the cryogenetics test which gives the final detail in his prognosis. I know things will get "better" before they get worse but I want to comfort him and don't know how. I honestly feel like a little kid again. Thank you all for your prayers. I work second shift and my wife first, so I have tooooo much time alone to think. When I was young my Grandparents neighbor was diagnosed with Leukemia, a friend of ours. Before bed my mother and I would say prayers for her. When she went into remission I believed my prayers helped. I am not a very Holy person, but believe in the strength of many. So I honestly appreciate all of your thoughts during this difficult time for us.
Old 04-20-2011, 11:03 PM   #17
I bring the feel goods
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TeamSarcasm
prayers sent man!
Old 04-20-2011, 11:26 PM   #18
IrishAmerican is on a distinguished road

IrishAmerican's Tacoma Gallery
I will be praying for your dad, you, and your family. I believe in the power of prayer for sure. My mom just went through a triple bypass surgery about 6months ago and it was very hard for me to deal with. Its hard to see your parents go through something like that. Just be there for them and give them all the love and support you can.
Old 04-24-2011, 05:42 PM   #19
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
So sorry to hear this... being sent for you, your folks and your wife's family.
Old 04-24-2011, 10:51 PM   #20

Thanks Susan, you always have my back on TW

We had a really nice day today, lots of laughs. My mom stopped by after work too. Typically she heads straight home (12hr shift) and my dad takes her dinner home with him on holidays, so it was nice to see her. My dad didn't look good today, his skin looked grey. Hopefully just a bad day for him, although he seemed pretty good. We will find out more on Tuesday. Thanks again all, and Happy Easter, a little late.