Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Prayers & Support

Notices

Unbelievable

Old 09-20-2011, 04:44 PM   #1
Blasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mike
Blasphemous's Tacoma Gallery
Unbelievable

Girlfriend leaves for work on her bicycle this morning, I get a call from her @ 8:00 AM (10 minutes after she left) and I almost ignored it.

Answer the phone wondering why she's calling me and it's some unknown womans voice asking if this is Mike. I say yes and she tells me that my girlfriend Calle got hit by a car. I asked where and ran out of the house half dressed to my Taco.

Get on scene and there are so many people surrounding her I couldn't even see her. Paramedics get everyone out of the way and tell me t okeep my distance.

Long story short car hit her doing 35, head through the windshield (no helmet) and then rolled 10 feet or so.

Get to the hospital and she is awake and talking, after all the scans she has no breaks, no concussion, no neck/spine/back damage. Sprained her ankle severely (baseball size swelling on the ankle), 3 inch gash in her neck and a pretty good beating to her left side.

Not so much looking for prayers/support for my girlfriend, but looking for prayers that more car accidents involving bicyclist/pedestrians turn out like this.

It's been an extremely long day, just now settling down (she is home) and decided to write this up while it is still fresh in my mind.

I am by no means religious, but something/someone was watching over her today.

I am glad to have my girl at home and safe, I hope that more accidents end this way. She is extremely lucky.

Not sure how to end this post...
Old 09-20-2011, 04:50 PM   #2
Bad decisions make great stories.
Lost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lost_Humanity's Tacoma Gallery
Glad she's okay. Nothing scarier than coming up on a scene combining a loved one(s) and first responders and not knowing the situation.

And I don't want to be a dick, but perhaps rethinking the helmet situation from now on might be wise...
Old 09-20-2011, 05:11 PM   #5
Blasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost_Humanity View Post
Glad she's okay. Nothing scarier than coming up on a scene combining a loved one(s) and first responders and not knowing the situation.

And I don't want to be a dick, but perhaps rethinking the helmet situation from now on might be wise...
You're not being a dick. Helmet is a definite must from now on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoDawgfan View Post
She was lucky. She will be sore for quite some time though.
Very lucky, tomorrow morning she will really be feeling it.
Old 09-20-2011, 05:20 PM   #6
Blackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Blackshirts's Tacoma Gallery
HOLY DUCK SHIT

Glad she is okay.
Old 09-20-2011, 05:23 PM   #7
Boerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: (South Africa) Mechanized Infantry. 1 SAI Btn
Name: Ferdie
Boerseun's Tacoma Gallery
So glad she is okay!
Now spoil her a little.
Old 09-20-2011, 05:26 PM   #8
Stubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
Stubbs95tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
glad shes ok man!
Old 09-20-2011, 06:17 PM   #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
Head through the windsheild?! damn! she is one tough girl. glad she is ok. people die from less things than that. she is lucky!
If she approves I will post a picture of what she looked like when we first got into the ER. It's amazing how untouched she looks/is compared to the damage on the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boerseun View Post
So glad she is okay!
Now spoil her a little.
I spoil her as is, but at this rate I think she won't mind staying home from work indefinitely.
Old 09-20-2011, 06:21 PM   #10
crazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: patrick
crazyengineer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boerseun View Post
So glad she is okay!
Now spoil her a little.
this^^^
Old 09-20-2011, 06:31 PM   #11
MTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Weesa
MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Yikes! Glad she is alright....sounds like her guardian angel was working overtime today.
Old 09-20-2011, 06:55 PM   #12
Alaskan Assassin
907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bobby
907taco's Tacoma Gallery
thank god my friend, its funny how near death experiences can change one's point of view. years ago i was electricuted at work twice and was getting electricuted for almost a minute. I thought i was goner and believe me i was calling all my loved ones and told them that i loved them more than anything. i tell my wife and kids i love them everyday from that day foward..you never now. Glad she made it out ok....your blessed.!!!!!
Old 09-20-2011, 06:58 PM   #13
That's a fact Jack!
Pope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Wesley
Pope953's Tacoma Gallery
She sounds lucky! Glad to hear she's ok. On the other hand my teacher at school wrecked his bike and seperated his shoulder this weekend. he didn't come out so lucky.
Old 09-20-2011, 08:16 PM   #14
I have reminded her numerous times today how lucky she is. I am grateful for the luck she had today, it could have been so much worse than it is.

Even then, she is in a lot of pain and the vicodin isn't doing much for her.
Old 09-20-2011, 09:23 PM   #15
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Keep an eye on her. Head injuries can rear their ugliness later. My mom's uncle was hit by a car in the 90's and was checked out by the ER and 3 days later he was back with a subdural hematoma,.
Old 09-20-2011, 09:37 PM   #16
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Glad to hear she's OK.
Old 09-20-2011, 09:38 PM   #17
She had brain scans done first thing upon arrival at the ER.

I read through that article very quickly but it does not seem like that would slip through a MRIs and CAT scans.
Old 09-20-2011, 09:54 PM   #18
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blasphemous View Post
She had brain scans done first thing upon arrival at the ER.

I read through that article very quickly but it does not seem like that would slip through a MRIs and CAT scans.
Best advice if she was unconscious or could have a concussion, keep an eye on her. The ER should have given you a sheet with what to be on the lookout for.

And though nothing may show on the CT or MRI, that doesn't mean there's no injury. The more time that passes since the initial injury though, the less you have to worry--again, the ER should have given you something to read with after-care info.
Old 09-20-2011, 11:25 PM   #19
I have tons of papers regarding at home care. And I have looked at the majority of it. Looking at the rest of it now I don't see any paper similar to what you are indicating.

She was never unconscious during the whole ordeal. Although, with this new information, I will give her primary care doctor a call in the morning to see if there was something I missed or a misunderstanding.

So happy to have her home and resting right now, she's pretty miserable while she is awake
Old 09-20-2011, 11:28 PM   #20
Self Proclaimed first gen expert :doh:
Greensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Greensystemsgo's Tacoma Gallery
wow fuck!

any word on the driver?

and yeah, helmet ftw.

glad to hear shes ok though!