1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Longbow, a new book, a new chapter

Discussion in 'Personal & Emotional Support' started by longbow, Oct 6, 2011.

1. Oct 6, 2011 at 5:50 AM
    longbow

longbow [OP] I see you now..................

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma Silver Mica TRD 4 Door
    Toy-tec Coil over lift, Eibach 700 lb springs, Sway bar relocate, Total Chaos UCA's, Moto metal wheels, BFG mudterrians, HID, custom 3 piece grill, Highlift jack w/custom mount, Highlift jack cover, bed matt, de-badged 100%, storage box lock mod, using defrost w/o AC mod, short antenna mod, horn re-locate, Tire Gate flat spare tire mount, engine cover painted, bed light (1) mod, wreck bar carrier, Blue Sea 5026 fuse block, center console outlet, flash light mod, Blue Sea inline fuse, Shrockworks sliders, All-Pro front bumper, Piaa 510 driving lights, Warn shackles front, Kennesaw rear bumper, "Tag Boltz" plate lights, Warn shackles rear, Warn M8000 winch, devil horns, BHLM, weathech liners front and rear.....T.W. sticker of course. Custom Sock bed decal for Michele
    I felt the need to write this since so many people followed my life and going's on for a long time. I believe what I write will help someone else in need, that maybe they will know they are not alone.
    I can not explain how I felt inside after Michele past, she was everything to me, I spent over half her life with her and to be taken at a young age ate me up inside. Beside feeling betrayed I felt angry, hurt, left in the cold and all alone.
    For months I would stay out on the porch at night and ask for some sort of sign, a dream, the smell of her or something. When it never came I sort of gave up.
    I got really sick, I lost 65 pounds, my body was no longer producing red blood cells, my insides were slowly shutting down. I was not sleeping, 4 to 5 days with only an hour or two, and suffered from severe depression.
    There comes a time when people need to leave, they have a life, they need to head home to work, family etc, and I understood that. My issue was I covered everything up with the words "I am OK".
    I began to write the darkest feelings I had inside, being lost, or beside ones self. Ha let me say I turned heads with that.
    You can tell people by how they act in certain situations, some said I was a lost cause, I fell from grace. I had turned to a dark side of life, but alls they did was look. They did not listen to the screams I had. Please do not get me wrong, I am not judging anyone, nor do I hold any hard feeling's. All of this has made me grow, I see things in a light now that I never have before. And true, some of this was MY doing, I pushed things away. Even here on TW, one call and I knew I could have someone here, or have the word put out that I need help. But like a MAN I was proud, a meat eater and did not need any help.
    I was deeply touched when I would get a text from someone here, and they came at the right times. I began to heal but still carried the cross of so many other things. For a year I suffered, asking why were questions not answered. I asked the Lord to take me instead, I did not want to deal with life and the raising of two girls. I realized it's not me to fill in the answers to the questions I ask. Once I got past that, and didn't look back at it I would heal the way I needed to.
    My next door neighbor, he is a big man, body builder, Mr.Indiana. He followed my family since we moved here in 03. He is not a Goldy man, and does not know the Lord. He heard my story and seen first hand the toll it was taken on me. Out of the blue I was standing talking with him, giving him my sob, how sad is me story. When he slapped me on the back of the head. Now it hurt, and for a split second pissed me off. He told me to wake up, get my head out of my butt and move on.
    You know something, he was right. I began to crawl out of the hole I was in and get into the light. He has become like a brother to me, anything in my house is his and he is welcome whenever. He help me in looking at the Jeep and is a good friend.
    Where am I at now? my body has fully healed, mentally I am strong as I have been. I have a new zest for life, not answering my own question. If the Lord brings another into my life, I will listen.
    People give little clues when they are hurting, or when they need help support and prayer. They may not ask, but the signs are there.
    Here on TW, is like a family. Its hard for me to understand (GET MY HEAD AROUND) that WE or most of us came together because of a truck. That anyone of us can vent, share, surprise, give joy and even hurt knowing someone will listen.
    You all better know you have touched me inside, that my home is open to any of you. I have an extra bed or two, and a pillow to put your heads on. And thats the truth.
    I have moved on with my life, being guided by the highest power. I think of Michele all the time. But I know she is happy with what I am doing now, and how the girls have grown and learned.
    I am blessed with them, I am blessed with family and friends. And I am blessed knowing I have friends through out the U.S. and can chat with them here on TW.

ACTS 20:24
    But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.

2. Oct 6, 2011 at 6:07 AM
    hoosiertaco

hoosiertaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    I've missed you brother. Good to see you back!:)

3. Oct 6, 2011 at 6:26 AM
    Ridingontrd

Ridingontrd Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Laughlin,N.V
    Vehicle:
    trd sport 4x4 w/towpkg
    aFe prodry,Dynomax ultra flo ss,Scangauge2,Demello front bumper,BudBuilt skids,sliders(local)AllPro rear bumper,Wet O's cobalt blu,w/halfpiping,TRD logo in gold,R/L hood struts,5150's@10"aal 3 pack,T/C uca,Light racing c/o,1"diff.drop,de-badged,
    Welcome back Bill. :proposetoast:

4. Oct 6, 2011 at 6:40 AM
    carcharias

carcharias Giggiddy what what

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle:
    '11 AC MGM OR
    Kings all-around w/ 700lb coils, Dakar leaf pack, TC uca's, DO single hoop bumper, BAMF bolt-on sliders w/ kickouts, Rigid 20" e-series spot/flood, aFe pro-dry, BFG KM2 255/85/16, silver TRD FJ wheels, WARN M8000-s, Access LE, Grillcraft, BAMF lightbar, BAMF rear dif skid, BAMF LCA skids, window tint, Wet Okoles, WeatherTech floorliners, Silverstar lights, led dome lights, Redline Tuning hood struts, center console lock mod, mag-lite mod, extra d-rings, re-routed exhaust, ATO skids, ATO Hi-Lift mounts, pipe tailgate lock, seatbelt alarm delete, wheel/spare locks, Viper 5901, LoJack... WISHLIST: a golden canary that poops platinum
    Well done. Glad to see you're able to open up, and that your strength has returned. Life gets better. :proposetoast:

5. Oct 6, 2011 at 12:39 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Welcome back Buddy!!!!

:woot:

6. Oct 6, 2011 at 5:36 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    BILL!!! Glad you are back around these parts-You have been missed!!!

7. Oct 6, 2011 at 5:42 PM
    Jester243

Jester243 all I wanted was a god dang picture of a hotdog...

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Spokane, WA
    Vehicle:
    2016 Trail Premium 4Runner w/ KDSS
    some of this, a little of that
    Welcome back Bill, welcome back!

8. Oct 6, 2011 at 5:57 PM
    Konaborne

Konaborne Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Kealakekua, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    Lifted 00 TRD Off-Road
    fox extended travel remote resivoir coilovers, 14" eibach 600lb coils, All Pro tubular chromoly 1" uniball upper control arms, All Pro expedition leaf packs, 10" bilstein 5150 piggyback reservoir shocks 265/75r16 Goodyear wrangler MT/R kevlars wrapped around 16" Helo 791 gloss black, Mini H1 retrofits with 6000k bulbs, 18" magnaflow w/custom exhaust reroute various decals, Sockmonkey retro hood stripes
    :wave:
    Welcome back!

9. Oct 6, 2011 at 5:57 PM
    neontrail

neontrail ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈

Member:
    Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2004 NISSAN XTERRA XE/SE
    De-badged, Tint 20%, Blue 48 LED dome-light, .......
    Bill.... welcome back! You are thought of often.

You have no idea how nice it is to hear from you! Cheers

10. Oct 6, 2011 at 7:09 PM
    bwood_usmc

bwood_usmc Wiskey Tango Foxtrot....

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Clayton Ga / Clemson SC
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma TRD Off Road package
    3" Trux Lift, 285-75-R16 BFG All Terrains, K&N Cold Air Intake
    Welcome back Longbow! Perhaps we can bullshit about hunting season sometime!

11. Oct 6, 2011 at 7:11 PM
    4x4Runner

4x4Runner Sam’s gone, man. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Drunken Sailor
    Not north, not south, not west, mostly east
    Vehicle:
    1WD
    nuttin fancy
    WELCOME BACK BILL!!!!

12. Oct 7, 2011 at 4:45 AM
    longbow

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    Toy-tec Coil over lift, Eibach 700 lb springs, Sway bar relocate, Total Chaos UCA's, Moto metal wheels, BFG mudterrians, HID, custom 3 piece grill, Highlift jack w/custom mount, Highlift jack cover, bed matt, de-badged 100%, storage box lock mod, using defrost w/o AC mod, short antenna mod, horn re-locate, Tire Gate flat spare tire mount, engine cover painted, bed light (1) mod, wreck bar carrier, Blue Sea 5026 fuse block, center console outlet, flash light mod, Blue Sea inline fuse, Shrockworks sliders, All-Pro front bumper, Piaa 510 driving lights, Warn shackles front, Kennesaw rear bumper, "Tag Boltz" plate lights, Warn shackles rear, Warn M8000 winch, devil horns, BHLM, weathech liners front and rear.....T.W. sticker of course. Custom Sock bed decal for Michele
    Thanks ALL!!

13. Oct 7, 2011 at 4:46 AM
    longbow

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    Sure thing, up for that all the time.

14. Oct 7, 2011 at 4:57 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    You are giving strength to others that will certainly face what time and circumstance will bring to us all.

15. Oct 7, 2011 at 5:15 PM
    ImpulseRed008

ImpulseRed008 Gone But Not Forgotten

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 V6 w/tow pkg
    OEM SS tube steps, Access LE tonneau cover, pop n'lock, AVS in-channel vent visors, stubby antenna, Wet Okole seat covers, bed mat, rear diff breather mod, 4 extra d rings in bed, K&N air filter.
    Welcome Back, Bill.

16. Oct 22, 2011 at 7:42 AM
    fletch aka

fletch aka www.BeLikeBrit.org

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Left Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Gray TRD OffRoad
    TRD cat back exhaust, TRD Cold Air Intake, differential breather mod' Hellwig rear sway bar, 16x8 TRD Ivan Stewart's, Michelin LTX A/T2, DTRL Stealth Mode Mod, custom "Texas Edition" shift knob, Sock's "Classic" bedside decals, MetalMiller custom grill emblem, 20% front tinted windows, tinted taillights, Viper alarm, ScanGauge II, Flyzeye Designs V2W Tacoma Interior LED lighting, de-mud flapped, de-badged, extra D-rings under bed bolts, WeatherTech ED floor mats, G4 Elite Fold a Cover ,Toyota bed mat, tailgate theft deterrent device and absolutely no plasti-dip!
    So glad to hear about the healing in your life Bill. It truly amazes me how our Lord will put obstacles in our lives, both good and bad. Some are blessed with family, friends, and treasures here on earth, while other folks make it through life not lifting a finger for anyone or anything and live what appears to be a long and blessed life. We have all heard or read the stories of missionaries that are killed in a plane crash on there way home from digging a wells in Kenya while someone else that has smoked, drank and took drugs almost every day of their lives live to be a hundred. To us standing on the sidelines watching, crying, its hard not to give up, become angry, angry at God and everyone else around us.
    It’s hard for us to believe that this is Gods plan and this is somehow going to shape us, make our lives and those around us better. But this is where faith and trust in the Lord comes in.
    It’s funny how God used this un-godly man to get your attention Bill, and made sure he was big enough that you would listen!
    Continued prayers for you and your family Bill, I pray the Lord will reveal why Michele was taken from you and your family at such a young age and such an important time in your young girls lives, but rest knowing He has a plan, and we must trust in His perfect will.
    Like your story, this song is sad, but like your story Bill it speaks of God’s promise.
    http://youtu.be/i-hJ87ApWtw

17. Oct 22, 2011 at 7:49 AM
    AK27

AK27 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Welcome back bill, still think of you and the girls often. Glad to hear you are doing better.

18. Oct 22, 2011 at 8:09 AM
    luk8272

luk8272 Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    07 Silver4dr. 4x4, V6 Shortbed
    5% Tint, Bug flector, vent Visors, Removed secondary air filter, Rear Spring TSB w/ Wheeler's Add A Leaf HD Pack, Icon 2.0 rear shocks, Toytec 3" lift up front with Total Chaos UCA's, Debadged, Billet Grille,TRD Offroad rims/17x9 Pro comp 6001 rims, Duratracs 265/75/16 or 285/70/17, Fog light anytime mod, Tailgate hose clamp mod, Pro-dry AFE filter. Extended Differential Breather, ABS on/off, 6000k LEDs from CSJumper, heads/fogs, ScanguageII, Devil horns, Devil horns on third brake light, Mounted 60" Highlift, Mounted Tool Box, Wet Okole Front/Rear Seat Covers, TW sticker, Midland Handheld CB,Painted engine cover, Revenge Fab Sliders, ARE Topper, Weather tech Floorliners, Camper shell, ultimate headlight upgrade. URD -3° exhaust cam gears, .5" XTP Intake spacer. Custom dents.
    Hot Damn Glad to have you back!

19. Oct 22, 2011 at 8:17 AM
    Hot Tamale

Hot Tamale Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Pat
    Henderson, NV
    Vehicle:
    2012 Access Cab 4x2
    Welcome back Bill! So very glad to hear from you. Glad to hear things are getting better for you. We never forgot you here! :)

20. Oct 23, 2011 at 11:38 PM
    w8n4mud

w8n4mud I'm back.

Member:
    First Name:
    Albert
    Chula Vista, CA
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tacoma Off Road DCSB
    Stock. Purchased 2/17/19. Cement!
    I saw that you had posted on TW recently but was too shy to say hi or anything at all. My fear was that TW would serve as a reminder of things in the past. After reading this, I understand that TW isn't just a forum to you or to many of us. It is a brotherhood of Tacoma enthusiasts who enjoy one thing... our Tacomas! Once a Tacoma owner, always a Tacoma owner.

I recently had a conversation with my in-laws about salvation. Once saved, always saved right? The argument that was made is whether or not they live for God or choose to live "their will." I don't think there's ever going to be a time when God will say Good job my faithful servant... and then relieve us of our obligation to live for Him. We'll always fall short and not receive the pat on the back that we sometimes feel we deserve. The question being asked here is if you or anyone else being tried has the courage and strength to stand up and try again? Most of us just turn around and say "This trail is too hard" and head back down the way we started and look for an easier trail to conquer. You my friend found the hardest trail and defeated it head on because you were well equipped, you just didn't know it. The battle is over. Scars are visible. Memories remain, but God is constant.
    So many of us will look back at your experience and will know that it's not going to be easy. You said it yourself. You went through it, BUT to stop dead in your tracks and report your status to us is admirable. Expected to some extent because we care. I still have the PMs I exchanged with Ben about my walk with God. I know all of our walks are situational, but this much I know... He loves me. Just know He is and will always be there for you and for me. Regardless! We know the power of the Holy Spirit. He'll protect you and provide for your needs (your armor) for your next battle. Be strong.
    Thank you again for sharing. I can't wait to see what the next chapter will bring.
    YBIC,
    Albert :amen:

To Top