1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

If you think your weekend was bad, read this...

Discussion in 'Personal & Emotional Support' started by Drew5387, Oct 10, 2011.

1. Oct 10, 2011 at 2:17 PM
    Drew5387

Drew5387 [OP] You can't fix stupid

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    Kansas
    Vehicle:
    03 PreRunner SR5 DC Black
    Raptor Style Grill, KC Highlight Spot Beams, 2.5% Window Tint, Kenwood Touchscreen Head Unit, Train Horn, Tinted Tail Lights, Retrofit Source Projectors with Halos, BHLM, LED Fog Lights, 40" LED Light Bar, 33" Cooper STT Tires, Herculined Rocker Panels, 175+ hp in stickers
    Well... I was at school friday, October 7th, and I was in my building trades class. For that class we build a house every year. So it was 12:30 and I was outside working on the house and all of the sudden I hear a bunch of sirens, and the helicopter from the local hospital flies over head. At the time I didn't think anything about it. Then about 15 minutes later, I get a phone call. The person on the other line says, "Drew.... River (my best friend) just committed suicide. He shot himself in the head. He is at the hospital now. He is brain dead but he is breathing." I couldn't even stand up. I got in my truck and headed to the hospital not even caring if the school said I was in trouble for leaving. So me and a couple of friends headed to the hospital. They told us that they were putting River into ICU. The doctors were acting weird the whole time. We told them that we want to see River right now, then they told us that he just passed away. So my Friday, Saturday, and Sunday sucked. Then I have to go to school today... The whole school was so quiet. It was so weird. I sat by River everyday at lunch for the past 4 years. And we would build the house together everyday. Building the house takes up half the school day, everyday, so i was with him half a day, everyday too. Please help pray for my friends and Rivers family.

2. Oct 10, 2011 at 2:21 PM
    Jester243

Jester243 all I wanted was a god dang picture of a hotdog...

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Spokane, WA
    Vehicle:
    2016 Trail Premium 4Runner w/ KDSS
    some of this, a little of that
    man thats rough, sorry to hear. :(

3. Oct 10, 2011 at 2:31 PM
    TeamSarcasm

TeamSarcasm Flawless Escalation to the Ludicrous

Member:
    The better coast
    sorry to hear that, ill send some prayers your guy's way

4. Oct 10, 2011 at 2:31 PM
    Drew5387

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    Kansas
    Vehicle:
    Raptor Style Grill, KC Highlight Spot Beams, 2.5% Window Tint, Kenwood Touchscreen Head Unit, Train Horn, Tinted Tail Lights, Retrofit Source Projectors with Halos, BHLM, LED Fog Lights, 40" LED Light Bar, 33" Cooper STT Tires, Herculined Rocker Panels, 175+ hp in stickers
    Thanks

5. Oct 10, 2011 at 2:37 PM
    Hook & Ladder

Hook & Ladder Well-Known Member

Member:
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    16' TRD Tacoma
    The project @c4_fabrication-Sliders, HC bumper w/ swing out @kb_voodoo_fabrications-Bed rack @tepuitents-RTT @cali_raised_led-Fogs, ditch lights, bed stiffeners @prinsudesign-Roof rack @kingshocks-2.5 with adjuster @totalchaosfabrication-UCA @rcioffroad-diff skid plate Follow at @wicked_overland #nacrew
    sorry to hear thoughs and prayers for you and his family.

6. Oct 10, 2011 at 2:43 PM
    CaptainFun

CaptainFun That Guy

Member:
    Washington DC
    Vehicle:
    2005 Double Cab 4x4
    I'm sorry man, I can not imagine going through something like that.

I honestly don't know what to say but please stay strong and talk to someone if you need to. Wether it be a professional or just someone who can listen.

Best of luck and prayers sent for you and those affected.

7. Oct 10, 2011 at 2:43 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Never a good thing to lose a friend like that. I lost two friends in high school over a weekend...One of the worse of my life.
    Keep your chin up, watch out for your friends-you'll all need each other- and make good decisions. Gotta be careful right now-Not always the best frame of mind (I've been there-I know). You don't need any more sadness or loss.
    And don't worry about what other people say-Celebrate River's life how River would (We turned Third Eye Blind up REALLY loud during the wake-People were pissed until my friends mom started dancing with us...)

8. Oct 10, 2011 at 2:44 PM
    Flagtown Taco

Flagtown Taco Active Member

Member:
    Tucson
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Grey DC Shortbed
    3" Toytec lift kit with Bilstein 5100 Coileovers, OME Dakar Leaf Pack, 17" KMC-XD Wheels, 285/70-17 BFG TKO2s, Masterflow Exhaust, CBI Air Intake
    Some people complain about petty crap all the time. Things like this just go to show it's important to remember things can always be worse. Sorry for your loss. I went through the same situation in high school and it sucked so bad. The part I couldn't handle were the dozens of people that pretended to know the guy real well when he only had a few close friends.

9. Oct 10, 2011 at 2:48 PM
    pyroskier

pyroskier Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    Laramie, WY
    Vehicle:
    2004 Ext Cab TRD 3.4
    Sorry for your loss. Suicides are always very hard.

10. Oct 10, 2011 at 2:53 PM
    wildjerseyfirefighter

wildjerseyfirefighter I sell fishing and fishing accessories

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma TRD Sport
    stock, for now
    sorry man, but just out of curosity, why did he do it? did he seem sad or depressed at all?

11. Oct 10, 2011 at 3:08 PM
    Konaborne

Konaborne Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Kealakekua, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    Lifted 00 TRD Off-Road
    fox extended travel remote resivoir coilovers, 14" eibach 600lb coils, All Pro tubular chromoly 1" uniball upper control arms, All Pro expedition leaf packs, 10" bilstein 5150 piggyback reservoir shocks 265/75r16 Goodyear wrangler MT/R kevlars wrapped around 16" Helo 791 gloss black, Mini H1 retrofits with 6000k bulbs, 18" magnaflow w/custom exhaust reroute various decals, Sockmonkey retro hood stripes
    Prayers and thoughts are with you and his family.

I lost a friend to suicide, and almost lost two others throughout high school. The decisions they make are never easy to accept or understand.
    Keep your head up and treasure the memories you have made with him, and Keep him in your thoughts as you live your life for the both of you.

12. Oct 10, 2011 at 3:17 PM
    Boerseun

Boerseun Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ferdie
    Sarasota, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra TRD Sport 4x4
    Upgraded 2002 Tacoma to 2018 Tundra
    Sorry to hear about your loss. I it tough, I have been through a similar situation. I will keep River's family and you in prayer.

13. Oct 10, 2011 at 3:22 PM
    puppytruk

puppytruk Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    al
    southern oh
    Vehicle:
    2.7 tortoise
    some tint, cracked windshield
    So sorry for your loss Drew, prayer in Jesus name for peace, comfort and healing for you, Rivers family and all suffering with this.

14. Oct 10, 2011 at 3:25 PM
    TnRedNeck721

TnRedNeck721 Nick Namer

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD off road 4WD
    No mud flaps, plasti dipped emblems, and rear bumper, Weather tech digital fit, Bed mat from tractor supply. Pioneer 4400BH head unit. B.A.M.F bed rail tie downs. AVS vent visors.
    that sucks man. sorry to hear! thoughts and prayers are with you and his family

15. Oct 10, 2011 at 3:31 PM
    creeper

creeper Well-Known Member

Member:
    Did you know where he was when this happened? Wouldn't he normally have been with you at the time?

16. Oct 10, 2011 at 3:35 PM
    TRDBandit

TRDBandit TACOMANATOR

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    CRAWLORADO
    Vehicle:
    07 Dbl Cab TRD O.R. Dark Blue
    Afe Stage 2 CAI Tinted windows Many to come
    I know how it feels man. My thoughts and prayers are with you

I ended up getting a tattoo in honor of my BestFried who took his own life as well. Fifty Five on the wrists.

17. Oct 10, 2011 at 6:58 PM
    Drew5387

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    Kansas
    Vehicle:
    He told us he was gonna skip school cause we had a community service thing for school that morning. Nothing out of the ordinary cause he wasn't the only one that skipped.

18. Oct 11, 2011 at 2:15 AM
    hoosiertaco

hoosiertaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    I'm very sorry for your loss Drew. Chin up brother. Find someone close to talk to. Hold the memories close. My thoughts and prayers are with you as well as his family.:pray:

19. Oct 11, 2011 at 2:53 AM
    jjew18

jjew18 the Nightman cometh!

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Alliance Airport
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    Added extra awesomeness to its original awesomeness.
    :pray: prayers for River's family and friends. Praying that you can find your way in these trying times!

20. Oct 11, 2011 at 2:57 AM
    JimBeam

JimBeam BECAUSE INTERNETS!! Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
    I'm sure there are many of us here who have dealt with suicide up close

Do not hesitate to reach out to someone for help in dealing with it...Suicide is a very very very difficult thing to deal with, especially if you've never dealt with it before

http://www.AFSP.org/ has a lot of resources to help you and others cope

I've dealt with suicide from several different angles...I've had a close friend commit suicide, i've dated a girl who's father committed suicide, and i go to a suicide call at work probably around once a week

If you need anything, don't hesitate to PM me

To Top