1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Sorry to ask

Discussion in 'Personal & Emotional Support' started by rhowell, Dec 8, 2011.

1. Dec 8, 2011 at 8:31 PM
    rhowell

rhowell [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    08 Indigo TRD Sport 4x4 DCSB
    -Leather with Heated seats -AFE cold Air Intake -DE-jr Rims -Upper and Lower grills from Black Diamond Fabrication -Light bar behind grill -Hella Black Magic Rallye 1000 lights. -OME lift cw Dakar leafs -LR Upper control arms -Rosen duel DVD headrests -Nfab steps -leer canopy
    How do you find faith in today's world.

Ever since my father passed away I have been angry and at times very depressed. My father passed away 5 years ago and I am still torn up at times. Not only that but it seems that in today's world there is little room for god. My moods can range from anger to extreme depression at times.

2. Dec 8, 2011 at 8:46 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Have you tried to talk to a familly mamber, or counselor?

3. Dec 8, 2011 at 8:54 PM
    rhowell

rhowell [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    08 Indigo TRD Sport 4x4 DCSB
    -Leather with Heated seats -AFE cold Air Intake -DE-jr Rims -Upper and Lower grills from Black Diamond Fabrication -Light bar behind grill -Hella Black Magic Rallye 1000 lights. -OME lift cw Dakar leafs -LR Upper control arms -Rosen duel DVD headrests -Nfab steps -leer canopy
    I say a counselor for a while but I keep falling back into these depressions.

4. Dec 8, 2011 at 8:54 PM
    pyroskier

pyroskier Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    Laramie, WY
    Vehicle:
    2004 Ext Cab TRD 3.4
    A counselor would be my best bet. I have lost many family members, and none of them would want you to be upset about it. Life's too short to be upset. It's ok to be upset about things, but not everything. Don't let it ruin your life, your dad wouldn't want that for you.

5. Dec 8, 2011 at 8:56 PM
    fletch aka

fletch aka www.BeLikeBrit.org

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Left Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Gray TRD OffRoad
    TRD cat back exhaust, TRD Cold Air Intake, differential breather mod' Hellwig rear sway bar, 16x8 TRD Ivan Stewart's, Michelin LTX A/T2, DTRL Stealth Mode Mod, custom "Texas Edition" shift knob, Sock's "Classic" bedside decals, MetalMiller custom grill emblem, 20% front tinted windows, tinted taillights, Viper alarm, ScanGauge II, Flyzeye Designs V2W Tacoma Interior LED lighting, de-mud flapped, de-badged, extra D-rings under bed bolts, WeatherTech ED floor mats, G4 Elite Fold a Cover ,Toyota bed mat, tailgate theft deterrent device and absolutely no plasti-dip!
  6. Dec 8, 2011 at 9:01 PM
    NetDep

NetDep Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Southern Utah
    Vehicle:
    2011 Toyota Tacoma Off Road MGM
    Your depression and anger are serious but that you say that they are worse "at times" than others is encouraging. Find the times that bring you peace - find the times that don't - find someone you trust and respect you can talk to - confide in and trust. I am sorry for your loss and don't pretend to know your feelings or the circumstances of your loss.

That you are sharing this with us is important - don't ignore that you shared this and please don't be sorry for being strong enough to ask. Reach out - a little at first then begin to deal with the larger issues - the depression first. Combine anyone you talk to professionally with a trusted friend.

Lastly, and maybe most important, because these are the times they are there is room for God. Post anytime you want to share - and let us know what is going on in your life.

Do take care - you are important - and like pyroskier said, "Don't let it ruin your life."

7. Dec 8, 2011 at 9:07 PM
    jackhart

jackhart Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    11 DCLB
    i have a close friend who lost both his parents within one year's time, and he suffered from depression, mild at first, then it got worse. almost to the point where he could not even function. lost his job, alienated friends, drank heavily, etc. it was sad watching it happen to such a great friend, let me tell you.

he wound up seeing both a psychiatrist and a psychologist, and he went through a few different psychologists, too, until he found one he really connected with.

he now takes xanax as prescribed by the psychiatrist , and he is a world of a different person. the change is really remarkable. got his job back. stopped drinking. became active and outdoors all the time. his outlook on life is positive now, instead of negative. he still goes to counseling on a regular basis to try to understand the root cause of his depression, and he may never fully understand it, but at least now he finds meaning and is productive with his life.

the right professionals really can help you deal with your depression and anger. you really should look into perhaps getting some help again, don't give up. nothing to be ashamed about either. i hope you succeed.

8. Dec 8, 2011 at 9:16 PM
    Tigahshark

Tigahshark Senior NEWBIE

Member:
    First Name:
    Isaac
    On a volcano, literally!
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC TRD off road 4X4
    Tint Weathertech floor liner, weathertech window visor Roll n lock tonneau cover Rubber bed mat Smoked license plate covers
    I went through the same thing, my pops died two years ago of cancer and I was there with him as he suffered and I was there to watch him take his last breath of life. I was in depression for a while but four days after my dad died my youngest was born so I had a really strange moment in my life, but I guess my daughters birth offset the sadness somewhat. I to don't believe in god anymore with all this suffering around the world and all this stupid shit, but that's just me. Just hang in their bro things WILL get better, just breath and take it day by day, you CAN do it and I'm praying for you buddy

9. Dec 8, 2011 at 9:32 PM
    fireturk41

fireturk41 I like to break shit!

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    High Point, NC
    Vehicle:
    280k miles
    SAS, Locked front rear, Ufab sliders and bumpers, air compressor, 35" BFG KM2 on steelies and 36" TSLs
    not even close to what you are feeling

but ive felt angry and upset with the world for about the last 6 or 7 months, i for the most part quit going out unless its to buy groceries, most of my friends dont talk or hang out with me, i have a sleep pattern where i am awake most of the night and sleep most of the day i am broke and all i know in life anymore is firefighting. hell im not afraid to admit i have the personality of a tire

but fire fighting keeps me happy and the gym keeps me both happy and motivated. i spend my whole boring useless day looking forward to those 2 hours in the gym, whether its because i get to feel in control, endorphines or just lifting weights with someone that is truely like a brother to me, i dont know but it keeps me going. im also looking for a full time job "away from here" and truely anticipate the day i get to pack my shit and leave

i dont know if it helps you but try going to the gym someone youre extremely close with or picking up an extra curricular hobby, it helps me some, maybe itll help you?

but i hope you do get to feeling better soon

To Top