1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Please Send Prayers this Way

Discussion in 'Personal & Emotional Support' started by schwegs89, Feb 13, 2012.

1. Feb 13, 2012 at 7:55 PM
    schwegs89

schwegs89 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Vineland, New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    Black 2012 4cyl. 4x4 Reg. Cab
    Hey guys, so my dad had a heart attack friday and now has a blood clot in his lungs. He is making out ok and is being put on blood thinners so if all goes well he will be better in 3-6 months. Now this is the sucky part my mom has a incurable kidney and liver disease and has been going through chemo for months now and is not getting better. My mom is my world. I am 21 and I can tell her anything, no matter what I do she is there for me. Today I took off work to go see my dad(while my mom is at chemo) and my fiance needed me to rush her to the hospital for a mind crushing migraine. Shes been getting them for 7 years but nothing like this. The docs gave her dilaudid and that didnt even touch it. So they finally got it under control and shes now home sleeping. She needs to be on pain meds until they find something out. I am catholic and was a alterboy from 3rd grade to 10th grade I went to chrurch basically every sunday. From 11th grade (2007) to now I dont think I went to church and kind of lost my ways. I mean I joined the AF and now leaving for Army Basic March 6th and I have gone to school and work hard but I curse and do things I shouldn't. Is god punishing me? I would gladly take the pain from my mom, dad, and fiance if it would cure them. Id rather be the one with all of their illnesses if it meant they wouldnt be in pain. i am going to try and pray more. I dont know if its selfish to pray for just my family and I so I am going to try and pray I wind my way back to God and Pray for Everyone suffering in the world. I love all religions such as christian also I went to christian church every sunday while away at basic. It was fun and I need to start praying again but if I could get some prayers for my family that would be great guys! Thank you and I will say some prayers for all of you and be safe!

2. Feb 13, 2012 at 7:57 PM
    Redfox1

Redfox1 'Stralia! Riding Roo's and wrangling koalas

Member:
    First Name:
    Conner
    Santa Paula, CA and SLO
    Vehicle:
    09 Prerunner Sport TRD
    Browning Floor Mats, 275/70/17 BFG All-Terrain T/A's, Procomp 7089 wheels,Rear Spring TSB, Bilstein 5100's, LED roof light, seatbelt chime disabled, CB, UWS Toolbox,
    Thoughts sent you way man... I really hope everything gets better for you and your loved ones

3. Feb 13, 2012 at 7:59 PM
    wildjerseyfirefighter

wildjerseyfirefighter I sell fishing and fishing accessories

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma TRD Sport
    stock, for now
    prayers heal, man. It takes time. I'm in no way spiritual, or religious, but all those problems your mom,dad,and fiance has, is for a reason. Keep the faith.

4. Feb 13, 2012 at 8:03 PM
    schwegs89

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Vineland, New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    Thank you, I tried so hard today to be strong for all of them. Like I usually am kind of lazy but after all of this I'm not anymore I've been home alone cleaning and taking care of our dog and two cats and my lil bro 15yo just trying to pitch in from now on. Also I have a bad temper and trying to stay cool today was hard especially when everything's rushing through my mind and a guy was tailgating me literally 2ft away I wanted to do horrible things to him but I kept my cool and knew if I did anything id regret it and pit more stress on my family

5. Feb 13, 2012 at 8:04 PM
    schwegs89

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Vineland, New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    Yea I know what u mean. I honestly this k I'm being punished but I will try to help my family the best I can from now on and not take anything for granted.

6. Feb 13, 2012 at 8:14 PM
    rhowell

rhowell Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    08 Indigo TRD Sport 4x4 DCSB
    -Leather with Heated seats -AFE cold Air Intake -DE-jr Rims -Upper and Lower grills from Black Diamond Fabrication -Light bar behind grill -Hella Black Magic Rallye 1000 lights. -OME lift cw Dakar leafs -LR Upper control arms -Rosen duel DVD headrests -Nfab steps -leer canopy
    Prayer sent. Just remember to look after yourself. I am a little run down after loosing my father in law last Saturday after spending 3 weeks in critical condition.

I prayed but we still lost him.

But perhaps my prayers were heard. He came out of his coma about half way through for about 36 hrs. Just long enough to tell us how much he loved us and in turn we were able to tell him how much we loved him. Then he went back into his comma and never came out.

7. Feb 13, 2012 at 8:15 PM
    PinkTaco24

PinkTaco24 Well-Known Member

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    06 prerunner
    5100s all around -- 1.75 fronts, 1.5 aal, spidertraxs, grillcraft mx, derped scoop & badges, AVID step bars....need.more.money.
    God doesn't punish us. He gives us opportunities to grow in our faith and rely more on Him, which is what it sounds like is going on here. Whatever happens to your family, it is out of your hands and in God's. I pray all are healed and that you get strength and comfort. And thanks for your service!

8. Feb 13, 2012 at 8:53 PM
    rleeharris

rleeharris "Old Timer," compliments of 11Taco2.7

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    San Antonio, Texas
    Vehicle:
    '11 Tundra Crew Max TRD Off Road
    Adam,

I'm deeply sorry for what you and your family is going through. I pray that God eases your parents suffering, and that of your fiance too.

As for your question, "Is god punishing me?" Only He knows that, and He is a loving God... but He allows us to live our lives with a series of choices. Human choices and human consequences. Adam. through all the suffering your family has endured, is He trying to send you a message? Maybe. Only He knows that. I think you already know, hence your message here tonight. I think you hear Him calling--this is the Holy Spirit working within you--you can feel Him. I'm also convinced by your own words that you are struggling with the biggest decision of your life.

Adam, we live in an imperfect world--a human world as He made it to be. Illness, suffering, and even death is a human reality. The only way to overcome this reality is to accept Jesus Christ as your savior because through Him, a new, everlasting and abundant life is received. There are many who do not believe this and that is their choice as He allows them to have. You are responsible but for your salvation. No one else's. This is your personal choice and no one can take that from you. Yes, many often make fun of Christians and laugh at our beliefs... let them. They'll know the Truth in the end, and I pray for their souls and their ultimate salvation, and to know them as brothers and sisters in Christ, my Lord and Savior.

It's very easy ask Jesus to come into your life--He is waiting for you to do so. So Adam, maybe God is using these events as a wake up call for you. When faced with sadness, suffering loss, etc., many people often run away from God instead of towards Him--blaming Him, and getting angry with others for having the "audacity," to believe in Him. Well, so be it. You are responsible for YOUR decisions and ultimately, the consequences that come with them. Your choice--He's leaving it up to you. But know this: He loves you endlessly and without limit. He is your Redeemer.

Adam, just remember, being an obedient servant of God is being an unashamed and unapologetic witness to His glory and grace. Be courageous and brave in your decision. I will pray for you and your family tonight.

9. Feb 13, 2012 at 10:27 PM
    schwegs89

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Vineland, New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    Thanl ypu everyone for being here. I am going to try and go to church and pray more and have faith in general. I need to start believing more as well. I appriciate all of you taking your time to talk to me. My father and my relationship was seriously rocky always arguing and fighting but it was silly. Im not going to argue with him anymore im going to do whatever it takes to keep him happy and stress free.Maybe it is God sending me a message and actually giving me a second chance because that blood clot could have easily reached is heart and he wouldnt be here right now. S I'm going to be the best person I can be for me, him and everyone around me

To Top