Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Prayers & Support

Notices

Smokey, the dog, the first son and best friend.

Old 02-28-2012, 06:05 PM   #1
Recklessly tired
Fightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luke
Fightnfire's Tacoma Gallery
Smokey, the dog, the first son and best friend.

Smoke.

You rode with me in my truck from the day I picked you up in it. You were 8 weeks old and hated sitting in your seat. You flat refused. Instead, you would slowly inch your way over to mine resting your head on my lap.

Do you remember when you were about 4 months old and you stuck your head out the passenger window and helped me pick up that gal, the really pretty one in the cowgirl hat? I owe you for that bud .. I owe you.

You started in the passenger seat, just you and me. We got into trouble together and we solved it together. A few years later you moved to the back seat, the new girl in town liked the passenger seat and ... well .. I hope you understand. At least she stuck around for 10 years huh? I know, we both love her now.

Then three years ago you had to move to the other side of the truck, Aidan it seemed was safer in his car seat there. He roughhoused with you, pulled your tail, fell on you and teased you. You never growled or bit, ever. You just sat there and took it ... I know bud, we love him too.

Then a little over a year ago you had to move again. Your an old man now and riding in the back is hard on you. You don't like it and I don't like it. But, we agree it's not safe for Olin, Aidan or the girl back there. So you give up your seat again. But, there's no more seats. The house is busy now, it's loud. You put up with it, you love it.

Your tail hasn't quit wagging in 12 years. I don't think it ever will. You've helped me through girls, jobs and losses. Now you have cancer, bone cancer, that's why you've been limping for a couple weeks. Not a strain, not a sprain. I'm sorry bud .. there's nothing I can do for you.

Let's go to the river, have a few beers. We'll leave the other three home. You can sit in the passenger seat, both ways.

Old 02-28-2012, 06:08 PM   #2
03aztaco has a brilliant future03aztaco has a brilliant future03aztaco has a brilliant future03aztaco has a brilliant future03aztaco has a brilliant future03aztaco has a brilliant future03aztaco has a brilliant future03aztaco has a brilliant future03aztaco has a brilliant future03aztaco has a brilliant future03aztaco has a brilliant future

Name: adam
03aztaco's Tacoma Gallery
i just gave my dog the biggest hug ever sry bro!
Old 02-28-2012, 06:12 PM   #5
So many b!tches, so little time...now back to TW!!
crazyrzr85 has a brilliant futurecrazyrzr85 has a brilliant futurecrazyrzr85 has a brilliant futurecrazyrzr85 has a brilliant futurecrazyrzr85 has a brilliant futurecrazyrzr85 has a brilliant futurecrazyrzr85 has a brilliant futurecrazyrzr85 has a brilliant futurecrazyrzr85 has a brilliant futurecrazyrzr85 has a brilliant futurecrazyrzr85 has a brilliant future

Name: ErIc
crazyrzr85's Tacoma Gallery
Ya this almost made me cry, like Marley & Me lol...gota love the pooches man!
Old 02-28-2012, 06:15 PM   #6
Cybertronian Tacoma
TacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
TacomaPrime's Tacoma Gallery
sorry man. I can tell he loves you!
Old 02-28-2012, 06:17 PM   #7
What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz? CHICKEN?
moto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
moto932's Tacoma Gallery
Luke I'm so sorry to hear about smokey. Sounds like you guys have had a fun trip together. Stay strong smokey! (you too luke)
Old 02-28-2012, 07:35 PM   #10
MountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bryan
MountainEarth's Tacoma Gallery
I felt every word of that. My boy's 12 1/2 now. Not looking forward to beers down by the river.

Old 02-28-2012, 07:35 PM   #11
JWCWV is on a distinguished road
JWCWV's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry to hear man, there is nothing better than a good dog! Take care!
Old 02-28-2012, 07:48 PM   #13
jaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jared
jaw154's Tacoma Gallery
Got a little choked up on that story. Seems like you two have been through a lot together. Keep your head up and my thoughts are with ya
Old 02-28-2012, 07:59 PM   #14
emmitt is on a distinguished road

emmitt's Tacoma Gallery
The best friend that a person could ever hope to have. Hang in there man.
Old 02-28-2012, 08:01 PM   #15
Stubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
Stubbs95tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
dude....
i had to go hug my dog sorry to hear about that...
Old 02-28-2012, 08:01 PM   #16
MARSHBUSTER is on a distinguished road

Firefighter:
Name: Jim
MARSHBUSTER's Tacoma Gallery
I hear you Luke. My Yellow Lab Hunter has reached 13.5 years and I have had him since he was 6 weeks old and his health is changing quick. We have had a good run together from hunting ducks to just haging out at the lake together. Reading your message brought a tear to my eyes since I know were going to be headed to the river for a couple of beers and it going to be soon. Good Luck Smokey and Luke.
Old 02-28-2012, 08:12 PM   #17
TroutBum is a name known to allTroutBum is a name known to allTroutBum is a name known to allTroutBum is a name known to allTroutBum is a name known to allTroutBum is a name known to all

Name: Mike
TroutBum's Tacoma Gallery
Don't know what to say that hasn't already been said. Keep you in my thoughts/prayers.

Mike
Old 02-28-2012, 08:22 PM   #18
NewSchool19 is on a distinguished road

Name: Greg
NewSchool19's Tacoma Gallery
Theres Nothing Like The Bond Between A Man And His Dog. Good Luck Smokey And Luke. Ill Be Praying For You Both
Old 02-28-2012, 08:30 PM   #19
BuckWells is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckWells is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckWells is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckWells is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckWells is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckWells is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckWells is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckWells is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckWells is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckWells is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckWells is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
BuckWells's Tacoma Gallery
So sad. I can't even think about the day my dog is no longer around. Truly, man's best friend. Good luck
Old 02-28-2012, 08:41 PM   #20
Hi-Tech Rednek
::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
::childstoy::'s Tacoma Gallery
One of the only animals in the world that will always love you more then they love themselves.

Hang in there man... It sounds like its been a great 12 years.