Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Prayers & Support

Notices

Any Chemistry people?

Old 02-29-2012, 03:47 PM   #21
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNDEAD1153 View Post
Hahahaha dude I'm 16.......
shouldn't take as much then
Old 02-29-2012, 03:47 PM   #22
Derp
Derpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
Derpy Derek's Tacoma Gallery
Go to Khan Academy.

I thought we would shit on threads where people ask for help on homework or anything school related..
Old 02-29-2012, 03:48 PM   #23
crazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: patrick
crazyengineer's Tacoma Gallery
If you need a way to check your own work, try this

http://www.wolframalpha.com/

it will give answers to a lot of stuff, you just have to figure out how to phrase it

I check all my calc homework and a lot of my chemistry homework with it
Old 02-29-2012, 03:49 PM   #24
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hey guys, I'm not doing to well in Chemistry at the moment. I have a huge test tomorrow that could determine my grade, it's just 11th grade Chemistry. Anyone that might be able to help please do! It's writing and balancing equations. I ended up getting only 4 questions out of 15 right on a practice sheet and my test is tomorrow, PLEASE HELP IF POSSIBLE!
Are you good at chem? I will be taking two chem classes for my degree.
Old 02-29-2012, 03:49 PM   #25
Lazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
Lazylegs's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Lazylegs
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigk View Post
I helped mntbiker2008 with his college chemistry class:

OJ + Vodka = screwdriver

Seagrams 7+7UP = 7&7

Guinness + Blue Moon = Dark Side of the Moon

Only chemistry I remembered from college
SWEET .... LMAO I learned what chemicals not to mix with HCL's
Old 02-29-2012, 03:49 PM   #26
6 Double 5 3 2 1
thebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ken....
thebigk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hahahaha dude I'm 16.......
Well put that in your notes til you get to college
Old 02-29-2012, 03:53 PM   #27
UNDEAD1153 is a splendid one to beholdUNDEAD1153 is a splendid one to beholdUNDEAD1153 is a splendid one to beholdUNDEAD1153 is a splendid one to beholdUNDEAD1153 is a splendid one to beholdUNDEAD1153 is a splendid one to beholdUNDEAD1153 is a splendid one to beholdUNDEAD1153 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Weston
UNDEAD1153's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgwheeler17 View Post
shouldn't take as much then
Hahaha it's not just cause I'm 16, it's cause I'm 16 and weigh 125 lbs.....
Old 02-29-2012, 03:56 PM   #28
Squisha will become famous soon enough
Squisha's Tacoma Gallery
Keep posting (or PM) if you have specific questions. I'm going to be AFK for a couple of hours but I'll check back.

If you need more practice equations (I strongly recommend it--you should try to crutch yourself along, using guides only as needed until you can do half a dozen without any crutches), I can post some up. Then use the equation balancer I posted earlier to check your work. If you can do a bunch without using the balancer until you're finished, and they come out correct, you're in good shape.

The more of these you see and try, the more you'll get comfortable with what to expect and what the pitfalls are (like complex ions such as PO4 and NO3, and using H2O to fill in voids in the product side). Keep at it--you can do it!
Old 02-29-2012, 03:56 PM   #29
crazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I can try to answer them too, depending on what the question is
Old 02-29-2012, 03:58 PM   #30
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hahaha it's not just cause I'm 16, it's cause I'm 16 and weigh 125 lbs.....
oh well then you'll have it done in two shots. . .ah. . i mean minutes.
Old 02-29-2012, 04:05 PM   #31
The "Search" tab is your friend!!
steviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Name: Steve
steviestyles's Tacoma Gallery
OP, I guess you put this in the right section inadvertently It seems you are going into your test unprepared, prayers to you that this isn't what you hear tomorrow following your test.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0
Old 02-29-2012, 04:09 PM   #32
SOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Helicopter Pilot - RVN
SOSHeloPilot's Tacoma Gallery
Chemistry was my worst subject in college (my only C) ... especially organic chemistry ...
Old 02-29-2012, 04:09 PM   #33
Shake and Bake
4wd Boss is one of the sharper tools in the shed4wd Boss is one of the sharper tools in the shed4wd Boss is one of the sharper tools in the shed4wd Boss is one of the sharper tools in the shed4wd Boss is one of the sharper tools in the shed4wd Boss is one of the sharper tools in the shed4wd Boss is one of the sharper tools in the shed4wd Boss is one of the sharper tools in the shed4wd Boss is one of the sharper tools in the shed4wd Boss is one of the sharper tools in the shed4wd Boss is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jefferson
4wd Boss's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks guys! Here's a few of the ones I'm getting caught up on.

1. (NH4)2 CO3 + Na2 OH ---> Na2 CO3 + NH3 + H2O

2. 2C2 H5 OH + O2 ---> CO2 + H2O

3. K3 PO4 + BaCl2 ----->

4. CH4 + O2 ----> CO2 +

5. Cd(NO3)2 + NH4 Cl ---->

6. NaClO3 ---> NaCl + O2
holy crap all this nonsense just blew my mind!!! god how i failed chemistry and geometry miserably, but luckily had a coach as a teacher so i somehow always managed to get a "70". thank god. hehe
Old 02-29-2012, 04:34 PM   #34
UNDEAD1153 is a splendid one to beholdUNDEAD1153 is a splendid one to beholdUNDEAD1153 is a splendid one to beholdUNDEAD1153 is a splendid one to beholdUNDEAD1153 is a splendid one to beholdUNDEAD1153 is a splendid one to beholdUNDEAD1153 is a splendid one to beholdUNDEAD1153 is a splendid one to behold

I actually understand it now,6 out of 7 questions I tried on my own, I got right. Definitely will be going into this test more confidant than I was, thanks again everyone!
Old 02-29-2012, 04:47 PM   #35

good luck, if you need to check your work, wolfram alpha will be able to help you if no one is on etc....
Old 02-29-2012, 05:37 PM   #36
SOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Helicopter Pilot - RVN
SOSHeloPilot's Tacoma Gallery
Opps .. posted this one in wrong thread ... moved to "WTF Thread ...
Old 02-29-2012, 05:39 PM   #37
YellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

YellowDog01's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOSHeloPilot View Post
Chemistry was my worst subject in college (my only C) ... especially organic chemistry ...
Ugh, I'm in Organic right now. Hell...No better word for it.
Old 02-29-2012, 05:55 PM   #38
Squisha will become famous soon enough
Squisha's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I actually understand it now,6 out of 7 questions I tried on my own, I got right. Definitely will be going into this test more confidant than I was, thanks again everyone!
That's good news.

Let us know how it goes, and don't be afraid to ask for help on the next section (before the night before the test would be best )
Old 02-29-2012, 06:16 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squisha View Post
That's good news.

Let us know how it goes, and don't be afraid to ask for help on the next section (before the night before the test would be best )
Haha will do and I had actually been reviewing the material the past 3 days, just still didnt understand so I've been asking everyone possible.
Old 03-19-2012, 06:10 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squisha View Post
That's good news.

I believe I'm gonna have to take you up on this. Ive been working problems for about 2 hours and I still have no idea...this chapter is stoichiometry. A couple questions:

Metallic copper is formed when aluminum reacts with copper(II) sulfate. How many grams of metallic copper can be obtained when 54.0g of Al react with 319g of CuSO4?
Al+3CuSO4--->Al2(SO4)3 + 3Cu

If 8.6L of H2 reacted with 4.3L of O2 at STP, what is the volume of the gaseous water collected?
2H2 + O2----> 2H2O

How many liters of O2 are needed to react completely with 45.0L of H2S at STP?
2H2S + 3O2-----> 2SO2 + 2H2O

If anyone can explain to me what to do and why you are doing it I would greatly appreciate it!