Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Prayers & Support

Notices

Fuck Cancer and quit smoking

Old 02-29-2012, 11:43 AM   #1
Do you know Tyler Durden?
FearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
FearNothing321's Tacoma Gallery
Fuck Cancer and quit smoking

This past Friday we took my Fiancé's dad into the hospital for what we thought was a mini-stroke, what we found out completely took up by surprise...

What we found out at the hospital was they found two large lesions in his brain as well as a large tumor in his right lung. The next day they were able to do a biopsy on the tumor in the lung to see what it was. On Sunday he was scheduled for an MRI of his spine and once again they found another lesion (this one if not treated could paralyze him...).

So today around 11am we were finally given the test results that we have been dreading. The biopsy came back positive for small cell lung cancer. The one thing we still don't know is if all of the tumors and lesions are related (we hope they are not).

Luckily we have a rather large support group to help get him and us through the treatments and we will beat cancer together. His name is Jeff and he is only 55 years old.

Any prayers or thoughts would be greatful.

Thank you for reading.

Please if you are a smoker, please think about quitting. Its not worth it, studies are showing that even 2nd hand smoke can lead to lung cancer.
Old 02-29-2012, 11:46 AM   #2
Banff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
Banff2007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Prayers are with you and your family. God bless.
Old 02-29-2012, 11:47 AM   #3
MMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant future
EMS:
Name: Michael
MMazz365's Tacoma Gallery
Just quit smoking and dipping 2 weeks ago. My prayers are with him.. Good luck and God bless
Old 02-29-2012, 11:48 AM   #4
FearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thank you
Old 02-29-2012, 11:51 AM   #5
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
terrible news....had my grandfather die from lung cancer..got me to quit smoking back in high school because of it...

hope the treatments go better than planned and wishing for a full recovery
Old 02-29-2012, 11:52 AM   #6
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry to hear, best of luck with the successful treatment..........
Old 02-29-2012, 07:33 PM   #7
Airun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Airun's Tacoma Gallery
Prayers sent man! And I've ranted on TW my share of times against smoking as well.
Old 02-29-2012, 07:40 PM   #9
Taqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brennan
Taqoma's Tacoma Gallery
quitting smoking was one of the hardest things I've done. It was a long process of quitting, picking it back up, and quitting again. If you guys have tried to quit, only last a few weeks or months. Don't give up, you have to WANT to quit and stories like this made it easier for me. Actually watching Grey's Anatomy (insert laugh here!) with my wife made me realize that I don't want to go out hooked up to beeping machines with a tube down my throat. I wish the best of luck to your GF father.
Old 02-29-2012, 08:00 PM   #10

Thank you for all of your well wishes

My GF read over the thread and was very thankful for all of the support, it means alot to all of us
Old 02-29-2012, 08:18 PM   #11
Bodz has much to be proud ofBodz has much to be proud ofBodz has much to be proud ofBodz has much to be proud ofBodz has much to be proud ofBodz has much to be proud ofBodz has much to be proud ofBodz has much to be proud ofBodz has much to be proud ofBodz has much to be proud of

Bodz's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry to hear about your bad news but i can say from experience that cancer can be beaten. My wife had a mis-diagnosed tumor on her neck that grew between her spine and windpipe, becoming inoperable. She was given less than 10% chance of survival which was devastating news. BUT, having nothing to lose, we decided to combine conventional treatment with naturopathic treatment, chemothrapy and doses of vitamin C, IP6, zinc, etc. Two years later she was running marathons and in better shape than she was before.

Long story short, there ARE options. If it were me, I'd try voodoo if it gave me a better chance of survival.
Old 04-09-2012, 03:59 PM   #12

UPDATE

1 of the 3 brain tumors is completely gone and the other two have shrunk to 50% and the lung tumor is showing improvement
Old 04-09-2012, 05:12 PM   #13
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery

Great news man!!
Old 04-09-2012, 05:16 PM   #14
Lazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
Lazylegs's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Lazylegs
Prayers for your family
Old 04-09-2012, 06:50 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post

Great news man!!
Yes it is, there is still a long road ahead of us
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazylegs View Post
Prayers for your family
Thank you
Old 04-09-2012, 06:57 PM   #16
Boerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: (South Africa) Mechanized Infantry. 1 SAI Btn
Name: Ferdie
Boerseun's Tacoma Gallery
Great news.
Old 04-09-2012, 07:05 PM   #17
Tortoise*
IndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: AJ
IndigoTac07's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry to hear that and wish him the best in his recovery.

Thats great news!
Old 04-09-2012, 08:14 PM   #18
Airun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Airun's Tacoma Gallery
Great news Tony! More prayers sent
Old 04-09-2012, 08:16 PM   #19
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post

Great news man!!
x1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 000
Old 04-09-2012, 08:19 PM   #20
BuckWells is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckWells is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckWells is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckWells is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckWells is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckWells is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckWells is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckWells is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckWells is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckWells is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckWells is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BuckWells's Tacoma Gallery
i had both grandfathers and my mother-in-law die from lung cancer. i will never smoke. good luck with the treatments. god bless.