Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Prayers & Support

Notices

Luna

Old 03-13-2012, 05:09 PM   #1
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Luna

Many of you folks may remember my dog Luna. She was been my garage/driveway buddy for a number of years. Over the weekend, she took ill. Lethargic, no appetite, labored breathing.

We went to the vet today for some X-rays and they discovered a mass in her stomach and fluid surrounding her lungs. He feels that while we could have the mass removed and the fluid drained, there are larger concerns causing all of this, which would put us right back where we are now in short time.

At this point, Luna has not eaten in 36 hours and can barely walk. I brought her home for the night so that the family can see/ her for a little longer. Tomorrow, I feel that we will have to have her put down.

Luna came to us by way of the American Bulldog Rescue. Her name when we got her was Nana, as that is what we call Cindy's Grandmother, we thought that we would change it. Her previous owners lost their house and could not take her to their new apartment. She was slightly arthritic and we have no idea how old she is. She took right to us, never making a mess in the house or causing any issues. She would bark and make a ruckus whenever someone came to the door, which was funny as she had trouble walking and would scurry/hobble across the room. we thought along the way that Luna could use a companion, so two years ago, ABR brought us Piggy, another bulldog mix. Luna quickly showed her larger house-mate who was boss. Now, when someone comes to the door, Luna barks from the comfort of her bed, sending Piggy to do her dirty work and chase off the intruder.

Luna has always been my dog. She loves the other family members, but she has always been mine. She follows me like a shadow every weekend. She knows the difference between weekend days and work days and does not take her eyes off of me from Saturday morning to Sunday night, in case I am going outside, or better yet, for a drive in HER truck. I will miss her with all that I have, but I know that dragging this out is not the right thing. I ask only that you pray for her safe and peaceful passage.

Old 03-13-2012, 05:12 PM   #2
DrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DrewH's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmcq View Post
Many of you folks may remember my dog Luna. She was been my garage/driveway buddy for a number of years. Over the weekend, she took ill. Lethargic, no appetite, labored breathing.

We went to the vet today for some X-rays and they discovered a mass in her stomach and fluid surrounding her lungs. He feels that while we could have the mass removed and the fluid drained, there are larger concerns causing all of this, which would put us right back where we are now in short time.

At this point, Luna has not eaten in 36 hours and can barely walk. I brought her home for the night so that the family can see/ her for a little longer. Tomorrow, I feel that we will have to have her put down.

Luna came to us by way of the American Bulldog Rescue. Her name when we got her was Nana, as that is what we call Cindy's Grandmother, we thought that we would change it. Her previous owners lost their house and could not take her to their new apartment. She was slightly arthritic and we have no idea how old she is. She took right to us, never making a mess in the house or causing any issues. She would bark and make a ruckus whenever someone came to the door, which was funny as she had trouble walking and would scurry/hobble across the room. we thought along the way that Luna could use a companion, so two years ago, ABR brought us Piggy, another bulldog mix. Luna quickly showed her larger house-mate who was boss. Now, when someone comes to the door, Luna barks from the comfort of her bed, sending Piggy to do her dirty work and chase off the intruder.

Luna has always been my dog. She loves the other family members, but she has always been mine. She follows me like a shadow every weekend. She knows the difference between weekend days and work days and does not take her eyes off of me from Saturday morning to Sunday night, in case I am going outside, or better yet, for a drive in HER truck. I will miss her with all that I have, but I know that dragging this out is not the right thing. I ask only that you pray for her safe and peaceful passage.

Prayers to you and yours John. Take care.
Old 03-13-2012, 05:13 PM   #3
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Old 03-13-2012, 05:14 PM   #4
Tortoise*
IndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: AJ
IndigoTac07's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry to hear. Sounds like she was a great dog! She will be missed.

Prayers will be sent.
Old 03-13-2012, 05:15 PM   #5
MTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Weesa
MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry to hear John. Make the most of the time you have left with Luna
Old 03-13-2012, 05:15 PM   #6
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
So sorry to hear this John. You gave Luna as good a life as she possibly could have had. Peace, Luna.
Old 03-13-2012, 05:43 PM   #7
krap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krap22's Tacoma Gallery
s sent
Old 03-13-2012, 06:24 PM   #8
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
Old 03-13-2012, 06:39 PM   #9
sander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
sander1036's Tacoma Gallery
Prays sent John
Old 03-13-2012, 06:40 PM   #10
The1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peps
The1youluv2hate's Tacoma Gallery
Old 03-13-2012, 06:46 PM   #11
Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
TacoDawgfan's Tacoma Gallery
I feel your pain. I have a 13 1/2 year old mini Australian Sheppard and he is "my" dog. The breed is very owner loyal. He follows me around the house, even to take a dump. He has to be in the room with me. He has been having some coughing and weezing issues. Have taken him to the vet on several occasions. The vet keeps dismissing it as allergies. She has done chest x-rays and says everything is fine that it is either just allergies or a weakened (don't know spelling ) "treckia". Basically a weakening in his throat which is supposed to be normal for his age. Either way she says it's no big deal and gave me some prescription meds for it. They seem to help a little. But I'm worried it's something worse and have been debating on taking him to a different vet for a 2nd opinion. Anyway I know his time is short. I just hope/pray this isn't it. I have raised him from a pup and can't imagine coming home w/o him waiting in the front window for me.

Prayers sent for you as I know this is hard.
Old 03-13-2012, 06:47 PM   #12
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Old 03-14-2012, 03:52 AM   #14
Chief Pal Guy
MQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AD Command & Control (C2) Retired // Civ Load Planner
Name: Rob III
MQQSE's Tacoma Gallery
Probably one of the toughest decisions we have to make...and it always hurts like hell...hang in there Brother. for Luna...God Bless Her and comfort you and the family in this difficult time. --Rob
Old 03-14-2012, 04:06 AM   #15
MountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bryan
MountainEarth's Tacoma Gallery
You don't walk alone, brother. My boy is 12 1/2. I can hardly bear the thought of a last day. But at his age, I know it's not far away.

You're making the right decision. I applaud you for that. You're a good owner.

(they never really leave your side)
Old 03-14-2012, 04:41 AM   #17
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Thank you all. She tried to get up in the middle of the night to go to her bowl. Cindy found her on the kitchen floor, unable to get back to her bed. She had some blood in her urine this morning. We will be taking her back to the vet on her truck this afternoon.
Old 03-14-2012, 05:07 AM   #18
gbjr78 is on a distinguished road

Name: Gary
gbjr78's Tacoma Gallery
Sad Day

I'm so sorry man... Definitely a sad day.

My Luna sends her condolences too.
Old 03-14-2012, 05:14 AM   #19
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
im sorry to hear that man. thanks for sharing though, sounds like a good dog with great owners. . . today is going to be a tough day.
Old 03-14-2012, 05:43 AM   #20
Chief Pal Guy
MQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AD Command & Control (C2) Retired // Civ Load Planner
Name: Rob III
MQQSE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmcq View Post
Thank you all. She tried to get up in the middle of the night to go to her bowl. Cindy found her on the kitchen floor, unable to get back to her bed. She had some blood in her urine this morning. We will be taking her back to the vet on her truck this afternoon.
Prop her up on some pillows and roll that window down...make that ride in her truck a good one.

Tough day indeed John...my thoughts are with you!