1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Wear your lids boys and girls

Discussion in 'Personal & Emotional Support' started by dually, Apr 15, 2012.

1. Apr 15, 2012 at 7:22 PM
    dually

dually [OP] Low and slow

Member:
    Interstate underpass
    Vehicle:
    '16 Inferno SR5 DCLB
    Ive spend a majority of my life on two wheels; both street and dirt. Well the last thing i would ever think to happen did last tuesday.

I took a buddies ktm for a spin in a field at wirk before he traded it in. Well i continued up an embankment. It was all somewhat slow speed stuff, but i lost balance and traction and was thrown from the bike, across the ground and headfirst into a parked tractor.

Luckily i had someone there and he applied pressure and called paramedics. I got out of the hospital on thursday with a fractured skull, broken nose, broke cheekbone. They emplaced 6 titanium plates, 30 some screws and well over 50 stitches. Im just happy im not a vegetable and am able to write this. So even for the quickest rides, wear your lid. Ill post up some pics soon. As long as you guys arent grossed out

2. Apr 15, 2012 at 7:27 PM
    Who Dat Popcorn

Who Dat Popcorn Dafuq

Member:
    First Name:
    Ricky
    Richmond, VA
    Vehicle:
    Sold :/
    SOLD
    Damn man.

Good thing you are okay.

3. Apr 15, 2012 at 7:29 PM
    wildjerseyfirefighter

wildjerseyfirefighter I sell fishing and fishing accessories

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma TRD Sport
    stock, for now
    damn..Ive known guys who ride there whole lives, never crash, something small and slow comes along like this, and they break there head open..get better soon!

4. Apr 15, 2012 at 7:37 PM
    eh2win

eh2win HIM

Member:
    Vehicle:
    09 prerunner
    afe s-dry filter
    scary dude i had a bike accident when i was in high school (as in bike not motorcycle) slid on the helmet for a good block the crub is what stoped me from sliding further. when i took the helmet off it was pass the plastic and halfways thru the styrofoan that was all just from a simple ass bike. some guy was speeding ran the stop sign cliped me. dosent matter how good you are its others you gotta look out for at times.

5. Apr 15, 2012 at 7:46 PM
    dayNnite4

dayNnite4 We can't stop here, this is bat country.

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Southern NH
    Vehicle:
    '11 4x4 5-speed AC
    glad to hear ur okay man. thats some crazy shit.. u must have had someone watching over u!

6. Apr 15, 2012 at 8:04 PM
    PRBulldog36

PRBulldog36 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Juan
    San Antonio, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2006 PreRunner SR5 TRD Off Road
    Bilsteins 5100's X4 front set at 2.5 and rear AAL,BFG Rugged Trail T/A P265/65R/17, Warrior 375 17X8 Wheels with Gorilla locks,Black Billet Grille top and bottom and replaced Toyo emblem with Dallas Cowboys Star by MetalMiller, Vent Shade window louvers and hood bug shield, Fog light anytime mod,Dome light Mod,Blue interior LED's, Six inch Black Chrome billet antenna,Firestik CB Antenna, Cobra 75 CB, 12Vt/DC outlet back of Center Console, CB external speaker, Sirius Satellite Radio, Westin tube step up bars (Chrome), Tinted windows (legal), Eyebrow on windshield (Limo),Leather arm rest mod,HID H4's(fog), HID plug and play 8000, Tailgate theft prevention mod and Tailgate Pop-n-Lock, Trailer hitch brake light,Garmin GPS Dashboard Mount, Baja Lights on the rear bed rail, In Bed Mt Bike carrier, Tail gate extender, N-Fab light bar with Four Hella 500's, Fold down antenna,WeatherTech digital floor mats, mount,Kenwood head unit, Polk Audio 6X9,Two 12 ' Subs MTX, Kenwood Excellon 5 1/4, Ke
    Glad your able to share this with everyone. Lids are a must, you can still look cool with a lid on.

7. Apr 15, 2012 at 8:09 PM
    RV7Garage

RV7Garage R.O.U.S.

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Ill Annoy
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB Offroad, Nautical Blue
    Disable DRL, Jailbreak Fog Lights, ARE topper
    I hate wearing a helmet. Just rode today without one. Feel stupid every time I ride without one. :mad:

Glad you lived to tell the tale, and thanks for sharing. Maybe someone like me will change their behavior and save their own life. :cool:

8. Apr 15, 2012 at 8:13 PM
    92LandCruiser

92LandCruiser Well-Known Member

Member:
    Nevada
    Vehicle:
    80 series Land Cruiser
    Cummins, tons, 40s
    Glad you're safe. I agree, gear up, even for a short ride.

Not to detract from your story but I took my roommates new little 50cc pit bike for a spin in front of our house, accidentally wheelied and took a spill, going slow. Hand stuck underneath and ripped a few nails off. Luckily nothing worse, but it hurt like hell. I won't make the mistake of riding without gear again, even on such a tiny bike. Could've easily been my head.

To Top