Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Prayers & Support

Notices

Prayers for my father

Old 07-18-2012, 11:38 AM   #1
jammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant future

Name: James
jammdogg's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to jammdogg
Prayers for my father

This is REALLY hard to write this, but I have to get it out. Yesterday, the doctors all but confirmed that my dad has vCJD, which is the human equivilant of Mad Cow disease.

The odds of getting this are 1 in a million, but unfortunately, they are 99% certain this is what it is. They or we have no clue how he contracted it.

The outlook could not be worse. He is losing his memory very rapidly. In about a month, he will likely not remember anything as the disease spreads. In another 3-4 months, he will pass.

I have worked and played with my dad all of my life. He is my hunting and fishing buddy. I have so many memories of the time we have spent together. I am just not ready to lose him this way.

The family is in the process of notifying all of his old hunting buddies, and most of them will travel up to Oregon to spend some time to reminisce, and say goodbye.

I am not a religious person, but have been praying and praying for this to be something else.

Please join me in these prayers for George Herr.

Thanks
Old 07-18-2012, 11:48 AM   #2
Lazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
Lazylegs's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Lazylegs
Prayers to your family and your Pop. Did he eat any Walmart Steak?
Old 07-18-2012, 11:53 AM   #3
MTL Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdMTL Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdMTL Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdMTL Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdMTL Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdMTL Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdMTL Tacoma is a splendid one to behold

MTL Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I'm sorry to hear that James. We are never really ready to lose a loved one. Enjoy whatever time you have left and cherish the memories you have. Sending positive thoughts and prayers your way
Ric
Old 07-18-2012, 11:55 AM   #4
mak90 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmak90 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmak90 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmak90 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmak90 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmak90 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmak90 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmak90 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmak90 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmak90 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmak90 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mak90's Tacoma Gallery
sent for you and your family
Old 07-18-2012, 11:57 AM   #5
ShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Aircraft Fuel Handler
Name: Jamie
ShadesOfGrey's Tacoma Gallery
My thoughts and prayers are with you and yer's man.
Old 07-18-2012, 12:00 PM   #6
Bring Yuengling To MN!
angrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shed

angrysam's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry to hear about this, James. Losing a parent is probably the hardest thing I've been through.
Old 07-21-2012, 08:27 PM   #8
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
for your dad and your family. Sorry you and he are having to go through this.